Christmas Present Ideas?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey everyone, I have literally no clue what to get for the males in my life this Christmas!

There's my dad and my boyfriend. My dad is obsessed with watches (he has every watch under the sun as it's technically his business), he has a skin condition where he can't wear aftershave, sprays or have any bath stuff. There's my main ideas out the window. I have no clue!

My boyfriend is 20 and we've been together for 3 years now. He's very picky with clothes and he already has a lot of sprays and aftershaves.

I'm wondering is there anything outside of the basics to get boys for Christmas?? I find they're so much harder to buy for. Does anybody have any ideas at all? All are appreciated 🙂

For my boyfriend I’m getting PlayStation games, but in past years I’ve gotten him AirPods, an iPad, tech stuff mostly. One year we had to make each other’s presents so I made him a hand stitched pillow with our initials on :)

maybe a headset if he’s a gamer?

For my boyfriend I’m getting PlayStation games, but in past years I’ve gotten him AirPods, an iPad, tech stuff mostly. One year we had to make each other’s presents so I made him a hand stitched pillow with our initials on :)

maybe a headset if he’s a gamer?
ooohh what PlayStation games are you getting if you don’t mind me asking? I have no clue which games are worth it ahahah

I’m getting my boyfriend some UGG slippers this year (might be nice for your dad too?). Honestly he wears mine more than I do and says “I just can’t believe they’re so soft and warm” everytime I catch him so he’s getting his own 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
ooohh what PlayStation games are you getting if you don’t mind me asking? I have no clue which games are worth it ahahah
the Witcher, cyberpunk 2077 (I had to preorder this one)
FIFA I’ve heard is a staple 😂

Reactions: 1
Does he have a fav clothes store? A gift card might be nice!

Random option for your Dad but what about cuff links or a tie clip? It's an accessory kind of like a watch.

Some sort of "experience" voucher (if you think they'd actually use it?). Or a simple gift card so that they can choose something for themselves, along with a bottle of their fave booze or sweets or chocolates or whatever their thing is?

Reactions: 2
Fragrance
Skincare/bath set (a nice one like Kiehl's men's range)
Pyjamas
A nice winter coat / jacket
Socks, underwear
Vinyl / box set of their favourite music (my father loved this, got him back into vinyl collecting)
Likewise some people (like me) still listen to CDs in the car. Always an easy one
A nice bottle of gin or whiskey. A gift set where it comes with the glasses, ice balls etc. in a nice box
A framed photo or photos. Can print the photos off from your phone in Asda and then put them in lovely frames. TK Maxx do unique ones.
A lovely sherpa throw for the sofa during winter
Slippers
A new backpack/bag/briefcase for work or school
Video games for gamers (I steer away because I haven't got a clue but if you can ask a relative or
whomever for some ideas for games then that's good)
Books
If they like cooking, endless ideas - kitchen gadgets, new chopping boards, a beautiful knife block set, a collection of hot sauces, a spice rack, cookbooks
If they are in a new home - a new kettle / microwave set, bedding, general homeware
A new wallet
Bedside table docking table where it has a charger, a place for watches, glasses, etc to go. Can get some lovely wooden ones.
Fun gifts like boardgames, cards, "funny" presents depending on the person.

If they're extremely tricky then a gift card is always nice; even supermarket ones for . They'll always be used. Personally I like seeing people open presents so I tend to avoid them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was gonna get my fella Fifa for Christmas but ended up giving him it when it came out because he was excited bless him. Hes 30 🤣
He's asked for a coat im gonna get him a parka. Seen a lovely one in George that's green & black
I'm also getting him Avengers on the Ps4. He is not worthy of the ps5 and I dont have that money 🤣 entered a few comps just in case for him though 😂
I'm also getting him boxers, socks, rubber slippers. He wears my rubber sole leopard print ones because the ones his Mum got him last Christmas slap on the floor 😂😂😂 fussy man

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Random option for your Dad but what about cuff links or a tie clip? It's an accessory kind of like a watch.
I second this one.. OP you said your dad is in the watch business. My dad is obsessed with watches too, it’s unreal. A few years ago I got him a pair of cuff links that were essentially the inner cogs of a watch. He absolutely loved them and said it was really thoughtful.

I can’t remember where I got them from, but I just googled it and there’s lots to choose from!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was gonna get my fella Fifa for Christmas but ended up giving him it when it came out because he was excited bless him. Hes 30 🤣
He's asked for a coat im gonna get him a parka. Seen a lovely one in George that's green & black
I'm also getting him Avengers on the Ps4. He is not worthy of the ps5 and I dont have that money 🤣 entered a few comps just in case for him though 😂
I'm also getting him boxers, socks, rubber slippers. He wears my rubber sole leopard print ones because the ones his Mum got him last Christmas slap on the floor 😂😂😂 fussy man
Boxers and socks are a given, Every bloke gets boxers and socks. :giggle:

Reactions: 4
My dad likes beer so I'm going to go on some craft beer websites and put together a bespoke box for him. My brother told me he wanted jeans and gave me the link to the ones he wants. He won't be surprised come Christmas but at least I know he will wear them.

Other than that I usually just buy books and jumpers for them.

the Witcher, cyberpunk 2077 (I had to preorder this one)
FIFA I’ve heard is a staple 😂
FIFA is just a given 🤣 thank you!

Fragrance
Skincare/bath set (a nice one like Kiehl's men's range)
Pyjamas
A nice winter coat / jacket
Socks, underwear
Vinyl / box set of their favourite music (my father loved this, got him back into vinyl collecting)
Likewise some people (like me) still listen to CDs in the car. Always an easy one
A nice bottle of gin or whiskey. A gift set where it comes with the glasses, ice balls etc. in a nice box
A framed photo or photos. Can print the photos off from your phone in Asda and then put them in lovely frames. TK Maxx do unique ones.
A lovely sherpa throw for the sofa during winter
Slippers
A new backpack/bag/briefcase for work or school
Video games for gamers (I steer away because I haven't got a clue but if you can ask a relative or
whomever for some ideas for games then that's good)
Books
If they like cooking, endless ideas - kitchen gadgets, new chopping boards, a beautiful knife block set, a collection of hot sauces, a spice rack, cookbooks
If they are in a new home - a new kettle / microwave set, bedding, general homeware
A new wallet
Bedside table docking table where it has a charger, a place for watches, glasses, etc to go. Can get some lovely wooden ones.
Fun gifts like boardgames, cards, "funny" presents depending on the person.

If they're extremely tricky then a gift card is always nice; even supermarket ones for . They'll always be used. Personally I like seeing people open presents so I tend to avoid them.
Amazing ideas here 😍 think you’ve just sorted it for my whole family!!

I second this one.. OP you said your dad is in the watch business. My dad is obsessed with watches too, it’s unreal. A few years ago I got him a pair of cuff links that were essentially the inner cogs of a watch. He absolutely loved them and said it was really thoughtful.

I can’t remember where I got them from, but I just googled it and there’s lots to choose from!
Omg thank you I’m going to have a look now, that’s an amazing idea!! The watch obsession is so out of hand ahaha. Thank you!!

My dad loves cooking, so bought him a Spicery set, will get three deliveries of different spices to make curries with.

I think a hamper is always nice, buy some nice foods that they might not treat themselves to, but not just chocolates and wine.

If a keen gardener a planter and bulbs, Bee/insect hotel, Bee/bird baths

FIFA is just a given 🤣 thank you!

Amazing ideas here 😍 think you’ve just sorted it for my whole family!!

Omg thank you I’m going to have a look now, that’s an amazing idea!! The watch obsession is so out of hand ahaha. Thank you!!
Would he like an antique watch or even a pocket watch?

My dad loves cooking, so bought him a Spicery set, will get three deliveries of different spices to make curries with.

I think a hamper is always nice, buy some nice foods that they might not treat themselves to, but not just chocolates and wine.

If a keen gardener a planter and bulbs, Bee/insect hotel, Bee/bird baths

Would he like an antique watch or even a pocket watch?
Ooooh, an insect hotel sounds good!
He has every watch under the sun already hahaha

For your dad: a rare (first/second edition) book about the mechanism of watches
For your boyfriend: it sounds like he takes pride in his appearance, so I'd suggest a little kit with nail scissors and clippers, a nose hair trimmer and a few other things along those lines ... something deeply personal, yet highly practical