Christmas MoneySaving - how are you doing?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just been having a thought about this after having an Amazon splurge on family kids!

Just bought all the xmas presents for our nieces and nephews. 7 of them, I usually spend a tenner a kid (I sort the kids presents, the husband does the adult family secret santa, the budget is usually about the same).

Had managed to squirrel away my Shop and Scan amazon vouchers for a while though, so all 7 kids only actually cost me £27. Feel much better knowing they're all sorted. If they don't like it, tough tit! As in my day, you get what you're given! I've tried to do it though as a little toy each and a age-appropriate book.

Our daughter is getting a second hand kindle that the husband doesn't use anymore (to stop her bedroom turning into an actual library, my god she reads so many books!) and just a few bits and bobs. She knows and is fine with that, luckily she's not a kid that expects designer this and that. She's got a phone and she got a chromebook for her birthday earlier this year (came free with my phone upgrade). She's 12, so doesn't play as such anymore with toys. Her xbox is a couple of years old but she's happy with it. We're lucky not to have a brat! Haha!

Food wise - we've got Asda Rewards set up and our Tesco clubcard has a little bit on it - those will both help this year. And in a month or so, I'll be on the lookout for a yellow sticker turkey breast joint (usually Morrisons). We have Mum over for Xmas but even with her there's just 4 of us (and the dog!) so it's never excessive and Mum always puts towards the food too which helps.

How are we all planning for Xmas?

Reactions: 2
The Asda Rewards scheme I think is brilliant, after only a short amount of time using it I already have a bit built up in my cashpot which I am hoping to continue building so that when the time comes to do my Christmas food shop I'll be able to knock a fair bit off with my rewards.

Other than that to save for Christmas myself and my partner have this huge money box (it's one of those plastic bottles that look like a beer bottle, it's TACKY as hell but it holds so much money). We each at the end of the week always put in there any change we've got in our purse/wallet, or if we decide not to have our usual Saturday night takeaway we put what we would have spent on that in there. Last year we did this too and we were stunned how much we saved, just from the coins that we had in our purse/wallet.

Last year for Christmas I asked for the Post Office One4All vouchers off of my family, and I've actually not ended up spending all of them and I have around £80.00 left so I'm going to use them towards some presents - I think you can use them in Argos so I think I'll get the children some toys on that 2 for £20.00 deal that they do :)