Christmas Gift Ideas 2021

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone struggling to think of Christmas gifts for friends and family?
thought it would be nice to share ideas, bargains, decent small businesses etc.

if you want to ask for advice, please say who you are looking for and this age & relationship to you. Include details if required. For example;

Need ideas for Husband, 42. He loves fishing, chocolate & Chelsea FC but other ideas welcome.

Reactions: 3
What I’ve done this year is literally buy everything from my local Avon lady who’s recently retired. It was so easy to order everything & get it all delivered to my door. I’ve literally orderd perfume & male EDTs for everyone .. only £6 each & smell really good. I’ve over ordered as well in case any of my friends decide to do gifts but if I don’t catch up with them over Xmas or we decide not to gift, I’ve some extra perfumes for myself .. it’s been the easiest Xmas yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just ordered one of these for my footy mad hub, little bit different. Historic newspapers plus discount code xx
Screenshot_20211123-191107_Gmail.jpg

Reactions: 5
What I’ve done this year is literally buy everything from my local Avon lady who’s recently retired. It was so easy to order everything & get it all delivered to my door. I’ve literally orderd perfume & male EDTs for everyone .. only £6 each & smell really good. I’ve over ordered as well in case any of my friends decide to do gifts but if I don’t catch up with them over Xmas or we decide not to gift, I’ve some extra perfumes for myself .. it’s been the easiest Xmas yet.
brilliant idea! Not thought of buying from Avon as I don’t have rep!

Just ordered one of these for my footy mad hub, little bit different. Historic newspapers plus discount code xxView attachment 883735
Brilliant idea! So creative!

Reactions: 1
I'm really struggling for my 10 year old daughter. She starts high-school in September so we've got her a cheap phone to see how she goes with it. Its an iPhone but 2nd hand which we only paid £30 for.

She's got roughly 6 presents at the minute which includes some trainers and a couple of tops/bottoms.

All she seems to enjoy doing is sitting in her room playing roblox on her computer or watching Netflix. She doesn't play with toys anymore. I'm missing the days when she would dress up as a princess and I would love shopping in the Disney store for her, but that's just me wishing she would stop growing up!

I'd be grateful for any help 🙏

• Heart
I'm really struggling for my 10 year old daughter. She starts high-school in September so we've got her a cheap phone to see how she goes with it. Its an iPhone but 2nd hand which we only paid £30 for.

She's got roughly 6 presents at the minute which includes some trainers and a couple of tops/bottoms.

All she seems to enjoy doing is sitting in her room playing roblox on her computer or watching Netflix. She doesn't play with toys anymore. I'm missing the days when she would dress up as a princess and I would love shopping in the Disney store for her, but that's just me wishing she would stop growing up!

Same with my daughter last year all LOLs this yr just roblox ! Bought some sea monkeys they seem popular at school. Slippers and Harry potter bits from primark. If she has a switch and likes roblox try miitopia

I miss buying play doh and build a bear 😭

Hair chalk is a good stocking filler if you don't have white towels !

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
For my parents I make up hampers for them, usually the hampers you buy they wouldn't touch half of it and my dad's a nightmare somtimes so I usually go for pj's, drink, fave food like little mince pies, chocolate, Swiss roll, little Xmas cake etc, a cheesy Xmas film cause they enjoy that an for my dad a gadget or two, my dad loves sitting in bed with his tablet so I got him a thing he straps his tablet to an you can attach it to the side of the bed, usually ill put in like earrings or a necklace etc for my mum

• Heart
Reactions: 8
For my parents I make up hampers for them, usually the hampers you buy they wouldn't touch half of it and my dad's a nightmare somtimes so I usually go for pj's, drink, fave food like little mince pies, chocolate, Swiss roll, little Xmas cake etc, a cheesy Xmas film cause they enjoy that an for my dad a gadget or two, my dad loves sitting in bed with his tablet so I got him a thing he straps his tablet to an you can attach it to the side of the bed, usually ill put in like earrings or a necklace etc for my mum
I love this and I'm sure it's very well received. Where do you go for all the bits?

I love this and I'm sure it's very well received. Where do you go for all the bits?
Thanks, they love it

Usually it's a mixture of places
Asda or tesco for the food an drink, they like the shop brand mostly
Pj's are matalan or primark
Gadgets I find amazon to be the best for that
Jewellery I have family that work in h samuals so I get the discount lol
An somtimes I go to b&ms or home bargains if I want those little bath gift sets

I did used to throw in a gift voucher for their favourite shop somtimes till one year a shop was going bust an to spend the voucher I had to pay the other half of the total so for the £25 voucher to be used it actually caused £50

The works an wilkos do the little baskets now as well which is really helpful

• Heart
Just ordered one of these for my footy mad hub, little bit different. Historic newspapers plus discount code xxView attachment 883735
I was going to suggest this - we’ve bought it for my boyfriends cousin who has autism because he will love all this information - his brain remembers fixtures and scores and goalscorers from years ago. Also suggesting art of football for football related t shirts - they’re really nice. Etsy has some lovely prints

I got a picture from this guy at the Manchester markets in 2019, he’s brilliant actually. He’s got lovely artwork of stadiums
D3C2DB10-024D-4C2B-AD91-70DE2CC39582.png

I remember high school as a time for music and clothes — and wondering how everyone else seemed to know things that weren’t taught in classrooms. I’d have loved Merriam Webster’s Intermediate Visual Dictionary. The Merriam Webster Second Edition Visual Dictionary looks to be too advanced for a 10 year old.

Maybe not for a specific gift but I just saw that ASDA have two chocolate tubs for £6 at the moment!

Tovolo rose ice cube molds produce detailed gorgeous flowers. Best gift at $7.

Parents both in their early 60’s, one likes rugby, ones diabetic. They don’t need anything and as they have barely been out in the past year they haven’t used up stuff like perfumes

Parents both in their early 60’s, one likes rugby, ones diabetic. They don’t need anything and as they have barely been out in the past year they haven’t used up stuff like perfumes
exact problem I’m having with Mum…and I can’t see her doing much travelling/day trips in the next few months so really struggling.

I trawl through craft beers online to find ones with funny names which will mean something for the men in my family, who are notoriously difficult to buy for.

Try that website for lots of individual craft beers

Cosy socks (nice Norwegian wool ones?)?
A new print or painting for their home? From independent Etsy sellers?
A soup maker with soup bowls?
Maybe skin care if the parent with diabetic has problems with their feet (I can recommend Manuka honey)?
An aromatherapy diffuser with some nice wintery blends?
New blankets for watching TV on the sofa?
New towels and luxury soaps?
A book about cheese and a nice cheese selection to try out?
A new tea set with some nice teas? Thermal mugs so that the tea doesn't get cold?
New thick bathrobes, maybe tartan ones for the winter season?
A sauna blanket?
Fancy hot water bottles?
Pillow spray to aid sleep and a scented candle to go with it?
A bouquet of faux flowers to brighten up their hallway?
Nice candle holder with fancy candles in their favourite colour?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Not on the highstreet is a good site, they do a lot of personalised things if you are in the UK, they might ship to US but you would need to check