Christmas 2023 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes this is the Christmas thread where you can discuss all things Christmas ๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„โ„โ›„โ˜ƒ. So far we have discussed....

What we put in Christmas eve boxes
Ideas for advent calender gifts
Things to do and see over the Xmas period
What gifts we would like to receive
Our Christmas traditions
if we've started buying anything for Christmas yet *spoiler some tattlers have already finished Christmas shopping and a few have just started.

So make yourself a hot chocolate or mulled wine, (we don't judge here)get comfy and come and join in the festive chat.๐Ÿชโ˜•

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It might be 26c outside but thatโ€™s not stopping Channel 5 from having The Holiday on! ๐ŸŽ„โ˜ƒ

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Lol, it was a bit surreal watching The Holiday with the balmy 26c heat this evening! I imagine thatโ€™s how they feel in Australia, when they watch it at Christmas time ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've booked a Christmas wreath making with my sister the first weekend in December, first time I've ever done anything like that. We're going to go straight to the pub after for festive drinks! Wreaths will probably end up being swung above our heads as we stumble home ๐Ÿ˜†

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Oh my days, I'm so pleased ive found this thread. I'm a Christmas lover and I'm always the first to have my tree up even though I live with the Grinch and his mini me ๐Ÿ˜ซ hubby, oldest lad 16 (never asks for anything)13yr old (she asks for everything!) & our little one is nearly 2 so the fun is about to start all over again ๐Ÿฅฐ
I'm starting my shopping tomorrow ๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Couple of gardeners in my family so Iโ€™ve been online tonight looking for some silly/unique ornaments for them.
Christ Iโ€™ve seen a lot of gnomes arses ๐Ÿ˜ณ

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Has anyone down jimmys farm in Suffolk for the Santa breakfast by any chance? Our ornaments have started to arrive I do one for my daughter with her name and the year on (these are for her to take with her when she one day leaves home ๐Ÿฅน) then a family one with names me, her and her dad then a family one with the pets names on too all with the year on. Good old Etsy for those!

Reactions: 1
just made myself a to do list for each month til dec of what to buy/make/wrap and when! got most of my gift ideas down now, planned a few trips into town too. also noted down what'll be on black friday sale, cashback and boots points to help prioritise and now feel a lot less overwhelmed

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've just started playing hunt the present ๐Ÿ™„. I do this to myself every year - see something and buy it, then come the time I need it I've stashed it somewhere bizarre.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So far I've got my wrapping paper and two stocking fillers. Might start buying some food goodies this week:)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I canโ€™t begin to think about Christmas this week. Itโ€™s too hot to consider my beautiful teddy coat Iโ€™ve bought in light of colder days, or dusting off my favourite beret, ready for Christmas. However, I should probably start making a present list for my family considering my brain is turning to Swiss cheese. Whatโ€™s everyone buying their mums this year?

Reactions: 4
I canโ€™t begin to think about Christmas this week. Itโ€™s too hot to consider my beautiful teddy coat Iโ€™ve bought in light of colder days, or dusting off my favourite beret, ready for Christmas. However, I should probably start making a present list for my family considering my brain is turning to Swiss cheese. Whatโ€™s everyone buying their mums this year?
Not sure what I'm buying my mum, as she is fussy and isn't sure what she wants ( I asked for some ideas).

Reactions: 1
We are going with vouchers for various things this year for all the adults. For my mum, I am getting her vouchers for a vineyard tour with a tasting (she likes her fizz and we are near a few which run a good tour) but I was going with a spa treatment before that idea came to me. I used the website www.buyagift.co.uk, which had loads of experience-type stuff, but found that if I didn't check out immediately, they reduced the price by 10%, then 20%, to a final figure of 24% reduction (they sent various tempting emails with codes). So don't press "check out" immediately if you use them, leave stuff in your basket!

Reactions: 10
We are going with vouchers for various things this year for all the adults. For my mum, I am getting her vouchers for a vineyard tour with a tasting (she likes her fizz and we are near a few which run a good tour) but I was going with a spa treatment before that idea came to me. I used the website www.buyagift.co.uk, which had loads of experience-type stuff, but found that if I didn't check out immediately, they reduced the price by 10%, then 20%, to a final figure of 24% reduction (they sent various tempting emails with codes). So don't press "check out" immediately if you use them, leave stuff in your basket!
There is currently 23% off everything using the code "NEW MONTH" at the checkout, it seems.

Reactions: 2
The Look Fantastic advent calendar looks pretty good this year!

I messaged my boyfriend to tell him my hunt for the advent calendars has started and he's just sent me back a load of crying emoji's ๐Ÿ˜‚ Poor mans head will be done in.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.