Chit Chat

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi! Desperately looking for some advice think that this forum may be best. Used Veet cold wax strips on my face (eyebrows and upper lip) and now have bad dark burns! So painful and tight. Does anyone have any ideas one what to do? Read so many conflicting advice about putting creams or gels on. Have applied savlon gel and ordered aloe Vera but any help would be lovely
I used them once and had a reaction similar, I didn't put anything on them and within a few days it was a lot better! I know that doesn't really help but hopefully it will clear up for you quickly too x

Reactions: 1
I am feeling a bright
Dark cherry it said. Looking more maraschino cherry at the moment. Ffs. I'm going to have cocktail cherry hair, aren't I?
you will be cherry (Mrs) Garcia a la Ben and Jerry, sorry..I couldn’t resist :)
hope hair colour went well. I did mine too, played it safe , mid brown. I feel ten years younger even if I don’t look it!

• Haha
I’m going to go grey by the time this is all over.

Almost 4 year old went missing and I found her in my bedroom with her foot in white paint (WALL paint. Left over from painting our bathroom) about to 'paint a picture with her feet'.

Thankfully she was smart enough to lay down paper for the picture and wasn't planning on doing it on the walls or floor, but it ended up on the floor anyway.

I got her cleaned up and we painted with our hands instead. 🤣

2AD8D802-C042-44FA-9EBC-D6C22CA512AF.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hi! Desperately looking for some advice think that this forum may be best. Used Veet cold wax strips on my face (eyebrows and upper lip) and now have bad dark burns! So painful and tight. Does anyone have any ideas one what to do? Read so many conflicting advice about putting creams or gels on. Have applied savlon gel and ordered aloe Vera but any help would be lovely
ouch! Were they ones especially for face ? I use those and find them ok, although i usually have everything threaded. How is feeling now? I would go with sudacrem if you have it, I wouldn’t put any other type of cream on , wait till you get your aloe. You could always put a cold compress on .

ouch! Were they ones especially for face ? I use those and find them ok, although i usually have everything threaded. How is feeling now? I would go with sudacrem if you have it, I wouldn’t put any other type of cream on , wait till you get your aloe. You could always put a cold compress on .
Yeah they were the cold wax strips for face, I’m a bit worried about the sudo I’ve applied savalon gel but the area is so tight and dry now I’m actually crying so worried it’s never going to go it’s such dark burns

I used them once and had a reaction similar, I didn't put anything on them and within a few days it was a lot better! I know that doesn't really help but hopefully it will clear up for you quickly too x
Thank you that’s reassuring. Were your burns really tight and painful? They are so dark and feel so dry... never using these strips again worst experience ever

Apology I wasn't sure where to ask this. How do I find the form for the self-employment grant that will come in June? The 80% help the government announced recently, how do I apply for it? I'm confused.

Yeah they were the cold wax strips for face, I’m a bit worried about the sudo I’ve applied savalon gel but the area is so tight and dry now I’m actually crying so worried it’s never going to go it’s such dark burns

Thank you that’s reassuring. Were your burns really tight and painful? They are so dark and feel so dry... never using these strips again worst experience ever
take it off with cold water if the cream is not helping, pat it dry and leave it. The skin will heal , try not to worry. Does it look a bit shiny too and very smooth?

Apology I wasn't sure where to ask this. How do I find the form for the self-employment grant that will come in June? The 80% help the government announced recently, how do I apply for it? I'm confused.
No idea tbh.
I’ll email our accountant in the morning to see if they know. I know when I asked a few weeks ago they were as in the dark as us.

take it off with cold water if the cream is not helping, pat it dry and leave it. The skin will heal , try not to worry. Does it look a bit shiny too and very smooth?
No it looks really dry, dark and throbbing? It’s so painful. Ok thank you - trying not to worry but so so scared it will not go.

Last edited:
This might be a start, hope it’s ok.

Reactions: 2
I'd second a cold compress and maybe a thin layer of coconut oil if you have any? I often use coconut oil on sunburn or other burns.

I had a similar incident a few years ago. The burns had gone down a lot by the next day and disappeared completely after a few days

I've woken up in an absolutely foul mood this morning. I've no idea why. Maybe partly due to my neighbour playing crappy music at full bore resulting in me having to slam shut my bedroom window before I was ready to get up. Any other day I might find my neighbours chatting in the street pleasant, today they are making my blood boil. I am going to take some calming breaths. Failing that I am tempted to go into the garden and scream at the top of my lungs. Everything is annoying me so far today. Ordinarily I would go out for a walk, breathe some sea air. Urgh. It's irrational and I should be grateful that we're safe but today is going to be a struggle.

Apologies. I have typed this here so that I don't go cuckoo at my entire family for no reason. Good morning world 😬

Reactions: 4
I've woken up in an absolutely foul mood this morning. I've no idea why. Maybe partly due to my neighbour playing crappy music at full bore resulting in me having to slam shut my bedroom window before I was ready to get up. Any other day I might find my neighbours chatting in the street pleasant, today they are making my blood boil. I am going to take some calming breaths. Failing that I am tempted to go into the garden and scream at the top of my lungs. Everything is annoying me so far today. Ordinarily I would go out for a walk, breathe some sea air. Urgh. It's irrational and I should be grateful that we're safe but today is going to be a struggle.

Apologies. I have typed this here so that I don't go cuckoo at my entire family for no reason. Good morning world 😬
I think a lot of us will be going through these sorts of feelings right now and you’re definitely better telling us than punching your neighbours! I hope your day gets better quickly.

Reactions: 3
I think a lot of us will be going through these sorts of feelings right now and you’re definitely better telling us than punching your neighbours! I hope your day gets better quickly.
Thank you. I'm taking 10 minutes out in the garden. And breathe 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 2

No need for sorry. Rant away.
I’m finding I’m less tolerant too.
Was listening to popmaster on the radio this morning and one contestant said it was his first day staying at home and he was pacing the living room like a caged animal. I shouted “get a f#cking grip, man!” at the radio! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Was listening to popmaster on the radio this morning and one contestant said it was his first day staying at home and he was pacing the living room like a caged animal. I shouted “get a f#cking grip, man!” at the radio! 😆
Haha, moron 😂 I haven't left the house for weeks. The novelty is fast wearing off. And the Birthday cards ordered by my little darlings arrived this morning. 4 days late. That's fine, however, I just got a paper cut opening the fecking envelope. Sums up my day so far. Might write this one off 😭😭

I hear that but he did really well on the quiz. I felt so sorry for the second contestant though.