Chit Chat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chocolate. Lots of chocolate. I hoard chocolate because I eat all the crisps instead.
I have kit kats, toffee crisps and tesco knock off milky ways. Also have a giant bar of dairy milk I got for my birthday (april)
You have my 👉 respect for not touching that bar of chocolate from April
It wouldn't last a week with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Im feeling very emotional tonight. I don’t know if it’s the lack of sleep or because I’ve got a big day tomorrow completing on my house, or both! I really hope I get a good sleep though. Ive done some yoga for the first time (via a YouTube tutorial so I probably got it all wrong!🤣) - thanks @Saddlesoap for the suggestion. Had a hot bath with lavender drops in, and sprayed my bed with a lavender spray. Now going to avoid screens for an hour. If all of this fails then I might have to find a local drug dealer to give me some strong stuff to send me off 🤣🤣

have a good evening everyone xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Hope96 what’s wrong?! Sending all the loves ❤
@Hope96 hope you're okay lovely, what's up!?
Thank you for asking and thank you @WilmaHun for the lovely gif. ❤ You're all so kind to me. 🥰 Good luck for tomorrow and I really hope you get some sleep tonight. x

Last Thursday I went to my ex's apartment block and left some gifts outside his apartment with a letter inside the delivery bags. I had bought the gifts for him prior to the break up. I'm unsure whether it was wise to do this but I didn't want them in my room and I felt like it would be a waste to throw them away. I thought he could get some use out of them.

I suppose I knew he would message me to say something but I didn't stop and think that it could break my heart even more which I didn't even realise was possible? I switched my Internet off for a good 9 hours or so after I left his because I was dreading what he would say to me. He messaged me Thursday night saying it was kind of me to bring over the gifts and that I shouldn't have. He said he really appreciated me doing that and then said he was sorry he hadn't messaged (I met him over a month ago and he'd promised me that we could be friends and he'd message me soon. He said this to my face and messaged me to say the same when I got home that night) because he had been "quite busy" and he "didn't know exactly know what to say and do". He then ended his message saying he hopes my new job is going well. I cried for an entire hour after receiving that message because I feel cheated by him because I thought for once he was being genuine and sincere.

I replied back to him on Friday in the hope he will just be straight up and tell me what he meant by what he said but he hasn't responded even though I can see he's been online. My heart hurts all the time? I'm having counselling but I wake up feeling extremely low. I drag myself out of bed and put on a smile at work and home but I'm drowning. Out of sight and out of mind is his mentality towards me I think. All I want is a reply from him even if he does admit that he has changed his mind yet again.

My mum has said he's living his life... why aren't you? I know it is true but I'm consumed by it. I know I should probably delete and block him but I don't feel ready. I try not to look at his social media but I do give in to temptation. I feel like after 4 months I shouldn't feel so let down by him but I do. I still love him so very much but I know he just doesn't care.

All I want to do right now is message him and just say "you don't want to be friends do you?" or "why are you doing this to me?" but then my brain keeps telling me he might reply back soon... it's only been a few days but I'm just being stupid aren't I.

A lot of lovely ladies on this thread are familiar with how I've been feeling the past few months because of the break up so I'm sorry for moaning yet again. I just dont have many people to talk to about this because a lot of them don't understand why I'm still so upset over it. I started a new job 5 weeks ago and I really do think I'm going to love it because it will be so rewarding for me yet I feel like I'm in a horrible rut because I just want my ex to be decent... how can I expect someone who left my belongings in the rain to be decent? I don't even know what world I live in sometimes.

I don't know what to do but I know for certain that I'm still heartbroken and drowning in my emotions. 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
@Hope96 aw lovely that was a sad read. It's awful knowing you're still so sad. A break up is like a grief process it takes so much time. It's easy to say 'why aren't you living your life' but it's hard to actually do. Sometimes through break ups and feels like you're doing proper well then the most random thing can duck it up. Break ups are So Tough but you're doing really well!! Give yourself more credit. One day you'll wake up and he won't matter as much, and those feelings will fade and fade and fade until their gone. I sometimes think about my ex, not in a lovey dovey way, or a I miss them way just as a I still care way, but the love & heartbreak you feel for him will definitely fade eventually. Keep your chin up xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@Hope96 this was so heartbreaking to read 😔 sorry if I’ve misread, is it 4 months since you broke up? Because 4 months really isn’t long at all, and like watermelon sugar said, it’s a grieving process and you have to feel the emotions to get through them.
Some parts of what you said really reminded me of how I felt after my break up last year where I was in physical pain from all the emotions and I couldn’t see a way out, or that things would ever get better - but they did. It took a loooong time, but it did get better and it will get better for you too.
I wish there was something I could say to make it better but honestly, it gets easier with time. It’s such a cliche but it’s true. You’ve been through a traumatic experience, let yourself wallow and you’ll come out the other side when you’re ready. It’s so good that you’re having counselling, and you can always talk to us. You’re so strong to have made it this far, and one day you’ll be so proud of yourself for having coped ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@Hope96 a broken heart needs time to heal. Be good to yourself 💗
@WilmaHun good luck completing on your house.
I had an ok day. Only 15 mins late leaving work then straight to my fitness class. It was great fun. Had a shower, clean pjs and lavender oil of course to relax...

• Heart
@WilmaHun good luck for the sleep & the house tomorrow! Can’t wait to hear the news!! 🔑🏠

@Hope96 I’m sorry you’re still so sad 😔 like the others have said it is a process, and it will start to feel better. I’m glad you think you’re going to love your job! That’s something positive to focus on. One day you’ll look back at this and be like god I can’t believe I was that sad cos you’ll be happy again. If you don’t feel ready to block and delete him that’s totally fine! Break ups are really hard but you do get through them & you always have us to talk too ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Hope96 i totally second the time is a healer sentiment. I was heartbroken by my ex despite me being the one who left and it took years to get over it but it got better and now I barely think of him. Give yourself time to grieve it and be kind to yourself and try not to look at his social media if you can even though I know it must be tempting.

@WilmaHun hope you get a restful sleep and best of luck on the house 🤞🏻

I’m knackered but a spider has just dropped behind my bed so I need to hunt the little bastard out before in can rest. I wish the cat would help but the lazy thing is rolling around on the floor instead 🙄

• Heart
Oh my god if I were you I'd be setting up camp in the livingroom! No chance I'd be going to sleep in my bedroom if a spider appeared then disappeared 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Nighty nighty, sleep tight (do people stil say that 😂 that's what I say to my inpatients when I leave them at bedtime) @WilmaHun fingers crossed you get a good sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh my god if I were you I'd be setting up camp in the livingroom! No chance I'd be going to sleep in my bedroom if a spider appeared then disappeared 🤣
I’m considering it. I’ve been on my belly commando style with my mobile phone torch trying to spot it but can’t see anything!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
@Hope96 I can't really add anything the other's haven't said but I'm sorry it still hurts. Your new job and getting some counselling sound like really positive steps to be taking.

@Boredofthegram - You don't want your cat anywhere near that spider after the video I saw earlier today (click at your own risk if you're scared of spiders.)

• Heart
  • Wow
It's like a slow cooker and pressure cooker and air fryer all-in-one

Amazon product

Though the ones that have an air fryer are a lot more expensive

Amazon product
I like having an instant pot - if I had to repurchase mine I would get one with a yogurt setting. It was also difficult to find a steam release accessory to go with my version. This is what I am referring to:

Amazon product

It’s to make sure your cabinets don’t get ruined if your cooker sits underneath them while on your counter. From what I’ve read, the air fryer accessory isn’t worth it.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.