Chit chat #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s finally asleep!
ive managed to get the pressies downstairs from my hiding place but have stashed it down here in case he wakes before I want to go up. Now to tackle the baileys and couple of chocs we kindly left out for the big man 😂

my wrapping was lovely with bows and ribbons when I did it a couple of weeks back but lord knows what it looks like now after being stashed in bags for life in a cupboard 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
What age did you guys stop believing in the big fella? I can’t remember when I found out, I think I was probably about 7 or 8?

Reactions: 1
@watermelon sugar we learnt a long ago not to buy any presents that required Christmas Eve assembly. After a particularly awful time involving a dolls house.

My house sounds like bedlam. Middle Jelly had basically booby trapped the whole place. We don't do Father Christmas so quite why he wants to injure his dad is beyond me. My husband was wrapping things up last night and I am pretty sure everyone is receiving the wrong gifts. He had sent me 14 messages today regarding a book for my mum that I ordered gift wrapped with a tag already written on, that he unwrapped just for the sake of it.

It is what it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I can’t remember. I know I had to carry the magic on for a while cos my little bro is 3 years younger. But without internet etc I think I was nearer 9/10ish. I worked it out as soon as I clocked it that the tooth fairy was a con 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I was about 10!! But then I pretended for a bit cos I didn’t want the presents to stop. I have a younger sister though so I still got presents from the big fella until she found out 😊😊

I hope little peaches isn’t 7 when he finds out that means I only have 2 more to go 😮

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What age did you guys stop believing in the big fella? I can’t remember when I found out, I think I was probably about 7 or 8?
Really young. It freaked me out that some big guy dressed in red who is a stranger to us could break into our house and leave stuff behind. I peed the bed through fright when I was 4 and my mum told me the truth.

We have never told our children about Father Christmas.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Can’t remember the age but my sister told me 🤣 I think I was about six I said ‘ey I seen Father Christmas last night you know’ and she was like ‘no you didn’t you head he’s not even real’ witch 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hands up if your 5yr old busted you coming out of the bedroom carrying presents 👐👐👐👐
Ffs that's what i get for being cocky 😂😂
Told him they were his dad's presents that i was hiding and get to sleep 😂😂
The 7yr old is asleep
The 8yr old is close
The 5yr old is bouncing off every wall

Merry Christmas everyone
Hope you all have an amazing day 🎄🎅🎊🎁

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I was about 8, I had suspicions for a long time so I just straight up asked my mother one Christmas day. She was too busy watching some Christmas film and just went like: “Of course he isn’t”. I was heartbroken 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I was 3, found all the presents stashed in a cupboard one day, had mum been in she would had made a story up, it was dad an he was like "oh yeah those are yours" 😂😂 as if I should have known that

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My parents did the same, but I somehow managed to pick the myth up at school, which pissed them off no end.
I figured if my children did that then so be it, but none of them have. I struggle a bit with it and just keep reminding them that some families believe differently we have to respect that. But it annoys me when school do Father Christmas stuff as if it is gospel.

Reactions: 4
My Christmas eve hasn't really gone to plan! My sister got sent to the hospital, as her doctor thought she might have a blood clot! Luckily, she went to the AMU, rather than A&E and it was empty.. so she was out within 2 hours and it's just an infection..by the time she came to mine it was after 8pm and we were all yawning!

• Sad
Reactions: 14
My Christmas eve hasn't really gone to plan! My sister got sent to the hospital, as her doctor thought she might have a blood clot! Luckily, she went to the AMU, rather than A&E and it was empty.. so she was out within 2 hours and it's just an infection..by the time she came to mine it was after 8pm and we were all yawning!
OMG glad she is ok! What a worry. Hope you can all enjoy the rest of the evening.

Reactions: 3
Oh my goodness how scary! Thank God she’s ok - hope you can relax and enjoy the rest of your evening

Reactions: 3
Got my (matching with my mum and OH - my dad doesn’t do pjs!) pjs on and a wine in hand - can’t have too many though because I do want to do parkrun in the morning!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank goodness she's okay and they've got her seen to quickly. Hope she feels better soon.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.