Chit chat #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I might be biased but I think we have the best beaches in the country. And we have cliffs and fossils. Studland/Jurassic Coast.
Screenshot_20211214-194950_Dolphin.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Going on a holiday alone sounds like a dream, you should do it ❤

I saw something upsetting on the Internet so here I am looking it up again to make myself feel worse. Why am I like this?

On a more positive note, I painted my nails with my new Christmassy glitter polish:

1D634CA6-B98E-4F89-85AB-C4E0CFDD3E06.jpeg

The colours are a bit off here, it’s mostly reds and greens with a hint of turquoise.

• Heart
I'm wondering if I'm on my own with this view. Does anyone else find blinking/flickering christmas tree lights annoying? I've just come back from visiting my nan and I couldn't concentrate on the chat or the TV because her tree lights are on a sequence where they blink then flicker then dim then quickly flash on and off ...and so on and so forth. I couldn't sit in a room all evening with constant light movement..

48699-Blinking-Christmas-Lights.gif

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I can’t have the flickering lights cos I have seizures 🥲

eta: but tbh I wouldn’t if I could they’d get on my nerves

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I prefer the lights to fade in fade out. If I’m being annoying I put them on the fast blink and my fellas always like alright alright it’s not a rave 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My kids mess with the lights and we have basically an all night disco if they have their way. I hate it. If it were up to me we would have really faint warm white ones and not the 80s disco mix we do have.

I just looked something up on WikiPedia. They are asking me for money so they can keep going, I know nothing is truly free on the internet and if something is free then you are the product. But has anyone ever donated to them? They keep going but I don't know anyone that gives them a quid.

Reactions: 6
I’ve never given wiki money. They can duck off 😂

I cba to watch tv. Little peaches is in bed and so is my fella with his 300th round of man flu this winter. How acceptable is it for me to go to bed soon??

Reactions: 7
I’ve just got in bed! I was gonna get a bath or go on the Sims but I couldn’t be bothered lol. I’ve been a bit up and down today so hopefully I feel better tomorrow!

we went shopping this afternoon, we went to the big tesco

3584BBE9-6C5F-4E35-A1CF-20616254197F.jpeg

Then we went to the Aldi, Homie B’s and the Argos to pick up a present id ordered!

I very nearly bought a Hinch lounge set but I remembered Tattle and stopped myself 😂 although it did look comfy af but my fella caught me eyeing it up so I reckon he’s gonna get me it for chrimbo

I stocked up on the bevvies for Chrimbo as well. Got a few cocktail cans (mojito, daquriis and vodka cranberry) and a bottle of southern comfort. Do you all know what a steamboat is!? It’s southern comfort lemonade and lime it is *chefs kiss* I always forget it is one of my fav alcoholic drinks. I want to get Merry this Christmas so I thought I’d stock up! Non of the bevvies jumped out at me in the Aldi, my fella got a lemon drizzle gin but lemon flavoured things are rank man 🤢 so I’m just gonna get me usual rhubarb or raspberry gin from the Asda!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve just got in bed! I was gonna get a bath or go on the Sims but I couldn’t be bothered lol. I’ve been a bit up and down today so hopefully I feel better tomorrow!

we went shopping this afternoon, we went to the big tesco

View attachment 924591
Then we went to the Aldi, Homie B’s and the Argos to pick up a present id ordered!

I very nearly bought a Hinch lounge set but I remembered Tattle and stopped myself 😂 although it did look comfy af but my fella caught me eyeing it up so I reckon he’s gonna get me it for chrimbo

I stocked up on the bevvies for Chrimbo as well. Got a few cocktail cans (mojito, daquriis and vodka cranberry) and a bottle of southern comfort. Do you all know what a steamboat is!? It’s southern comfort lemonade and lime it is *chefs kiss* I always forget it is one of my fav alcoholic drinks. I want to get Merry this Christmas so I thought I’d stock up! Non of the bevvies jumped out at me in the Aldi, my fella got a lemon drizzle gin but lemon flavoured things are rank man 🤢 so I’m just gonna get me usual rhubarb or raspberry gin from the Asda!
I know I'll probably sound like a knob but this is why I love this thread. Being stuck in hospital is miserable, I love this thread and hearing the day to day details of your lives. You lot are like my link with the outside world and my reminder that life is still going on out there! That Home Bargains is still open, McDonalds still going and The Asda still operational.

Oh and @Peaches_xox I kind of like the sad Christmas tree. What if they go to overcompensate you to make up for it and you get a massive one now instead?!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don’t know, there are so many places 😬 maybe Wales, or Cornwall/Devon, or Norfolk. Anywhere with a decent beach!
Come to Suffolk we have some lovely beaches!!

I am having a mare. I had a panic attack earlier over god knows what but it completely took it out of me and I fell asleep for a bit. Felt tit after and so stupid. Bf kept saying “just calm down now you’re being silly” which was quite clearly the opposite of what I needed to hear.
our new boiler is leaking too which is just fab. Honestly. Everything that could go wrong does go wrong. I’m so annoyed.
I’m just gonna get in bed and hope tomorrow is better

• Heart
I hate fast flicking lights. I've had a McDonalds I was hungry and didn't know what to eat that was soft so I said to the OH shell we have a McDonalds as I can eat the hamburger they are soft? well he didnt need much persuading 😊

• Heart
Come to Suffolk we have some lovely beaches!!
Maybe instead of booking a hotel/air bnb I’ll just stay with tattlers who live near nice beaches 😂

I hope you feel better soon - it sounds like it’s been a rubbish day for most of us 😔 I really hope tomorrow is better too

• Heart
Made it back home. Got some easy food in that won't take much brain power, so apart from a top-up shop before Christmas I don't need to worry about any spending money, or shopping, or weather or crowds or anything too overwhelming. I've had zero interest in any of my hobbies recently so I'm going to force myself to do them after work, rather than just stare at the computer, blink and suddenly it's four hours later.

Hope everyone has a better day tomorrow - it really is such a supportive thread ❤

I didn't realise there was a game on tonight, and the Morrisons is right next to both the train station and the football ground so it was heaving. I don't know what @Thelmachops looks like but we might have had an accidental Tattle meetup in the queues without realising 🤣 Also went to B&M, someone has to pick up the slack.

Warning: first world problems

I’m so desperate for a holiday/some kind of break and I don’t think I’m going to make it to an airport next year the way things are going. I’m thinking about booking a little UK holiday just for me next year - like an air bnb near a beach or something.
Is it really sad to go ‘on holiday’ by myself?
As the others have said - good for you! Is there anywhere that has a play/show/exhibition scheduled that you might like that you can build your holiday around? Then you might not feel so self-conscious as you have a 'reason' to go - though you should just go and enjoy yourself regardless!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Just caught up with my advent calendar as had missed a few days, I can’t believe there’s only 10 doors left how fast has December gone!!

Reactions: 5
Hermes are a pain in the butt.
I booked a collection for last friday and they didn't come.
I spoke to a customer service person on Saturday and he told me he rebooked it for Monday. No collection Monday. Called customer service again and they said the bloke on saturday didn't rebook it so she rebooked it for today. They've not bothered turning up. AGAIN.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.