Child’s first day of nursery/school/day care nerves

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How’s everyone coping have your little ones started yet?

My little girl started nursery today! She settled in quite well no tears and hugged and kissed me goodbye and told me to go and get a coffee! When I picked her up the teacher said she done really well she did get a bit tearful half way through the day they think she was overwhelmed but she settled back down again. They said she didn’t really speak much to them other than to say “yes” and “no” words but they heard her chatting with the children so they don’t feel there’s any concerns there but just wanted to check that she’s chatting at home ok, and she is - she never shuts up at home 😂 but it’s made me a bit worried. Is it normal for kids to be shy? I mean I assume it is normal it’s her first day meeting new teachers she can be quite reserved with strangers so I’m not obsessively worried but my anxiety is making me kind ofquestion should I be more worried! I guess I just want reassurance 😓😅 anyway hopefully she’ll open up a bit more tomorrow and the days that follow when she feels more safe! Tomorrow’s session has been extended by an hour as they felt she coped quite well today! So I guess that’s a good sign?
Sounds really normal to me and she did really well! Bet she won’t shut up by next week 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
How’s everyone coping have your little ones started yet?

My little girl started nursery today! She settled in quite well no tears and hugged and kissed me goodbye and told me to go and get a coffee! When I picked her up the teacher said she done really well she did get a bit tearful half way through the day they think she was overwhelmed but she settled back down again. They said she didn’t really speak much to them other than to say “yes” and “no” words but they heard her chatting with the children so they don’t feel there’s any concerns there but just wanted to check that she’s chatting at home ok, and she is - she never shuts up at home 😂 but it’s made me a bit worried. Is it normal for kids to be shy? I mean I assume it is normal it’s her first day meeting new teachers she can be quite reserved with strangers so I’m not obsessively worried but my anxiety is making me kind ofquestion should I be more worried! I guess I just want reassurance 😓😅 anyway hopefully she’ll open up a bit more tomorrow and the days that follow when she feels more safe! Tomorrow’s session has been extended by an hour as they felt she coped quite well today! So I guess that’s a good sign?
She's probably too busy exploring and having fun to talk to them.

• Heart
Thank you all for the reassurance I really appreciate it ❤❤ Hope everyone else is having a smooth sailing so far 🙏🙏 praying she gets on ok today 😅

Just wanted to update you all. She’s got on super today that’s her in full days now as she’s got on so well. She’s now also been very chatty with all the teachers and children 😂 they said she takes part in everything I feel so relieved 😅 she’s even got a best friend she hasn’t stopped talking about 🥲 I’m so so proud of her my little baby’s growing up so fast!! She said the boys in her class were crying today because they needed their mummy and she told them it’s ok mummy be back soon 🥲🥲🥲
Hope everyone else is getting on ok ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just wanted to update you all. She’s got on super today that’s her in full days now as she’s got on so well. She’s now also been very chatty with all the teachers and children 😂 they said she takes part in everything I feel so relieved 😅 she’s even got a best friend she hasn’t stopped talking about 🥲 I’m so so proud of her my little baby’s growing up so fast!! She said the boys in her class were crying today because they needed their mummy and she told them it’s ok mummy be back soon 🥲🥲🥲
Amazing, so pleased for you! Sounds like she is an absolute credit to you, you must be very proud.

• Heart
Awwww lovely!

Schools don’t return in my area until this week, and my youngest has her her first visits this week and she’s also settling in with her childminder who’s doing wraparound.

Been for a play dates with other kids in her class over the summer so she’s got some familiar faces.

I’ve just realised I haven’t ordered enough school uniform 😂🙈

• Heart
Had her first visit and she just went off to play with the girls she met on play dates, her teacher said she can tell already she will be fine, and she settled with her childminder for wrap around as well and went to the park for a picnic lunch. Relieved and really proud of her ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Had her first visit and she just went off to play with the girls she met on play dates, her teacher said she can tell already she will be fine, and she settled with her childminder for wrap around as well and went to the park for a picnic lunch. Relieved and really proud of her ❤
Awww that’s amazing I’m sure you are so so proud of her ❤❤You should be proud of yourself too! It’s such a relief knowing they’re settling and content!! Buzzing for you ❤❤❤

• Heart
So sweet that she looked after the boys 🥰🥰

• Heart