Children or No Children?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Enjoy your lie ins, cats and paid for plane seats and I’ll enjoy my life watching my son become a kind member of society who accepts everyone including those with screeching rats and without.
why does it always have to come back to this though? i get you were lashing out at that poster but, gosh, why must it always come to back to “enjoy your cats, i’ll enjoy raising an actual human being” “enjoy your empty lie ins, i’ll enjoy contributing to society” - you may have been baited but you also sadly proved the point.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Maybe we should chile with the insults on here guys 🥺otherwise this thread is gonna get shut down and I think it’s a really interesting topic

• Heart
Reactions: 3
If you enjoy it so much go do it and enjoy it. Dont force your life choices on others 🙄
I very much agree with this but people choosing not to do something or enjoying not doing it shouldn't force their life choices on people either.

As someone else said, choose to have them, choose not to, want them but can't have them, have them by accident, whatever the case people will undoubtedly have something to say!

ETA essentially if you choose to have kids, or choose not to, or have one by some happy accident, or struggle to conceive.... We all want the same thing.... Everyone to duck off with their overbearing opinions and to keep their noses to themselves 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Maybe we should chile with the insults on here guys 🥺otherwise this thread is gonna get shut down and I think it’s a really interesting topic
exactly 💙 i’ve been enjoying reading it - it’s a shame that the last page has gone into this kind of swiping. now the cat thing has finally been mentioned can we move on 🤣

it’s a topic without a thread and with a group who never get to converse. it’s a really valuable discussion and we’re all better than these little digs.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
why does it always have to come back to this though? i get you were lashing out at that poster but, gosh, why must it always come to back to “enjoy your cats, i’ll enjoy raising an actual human being” “enjoy your empty lie ins, i’ll enjoy contributing to society” - you may have been baited but you also sadly proved the point.
As did they by referring to children as screaming rats. But is it only okay for them to insult people.

As did they by referring to children as screaming rats. But is it only okay for them to insult people.
You know, going digging through my posts on OTHER threads - childfree threads - and then obsessing over them here, is really weird. Move on, please? like people are asking for?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Why does it come to calling mothers toxic when the comments mentioned were said on a childfree thread? Why does it come to insults to children because they make noise above a decibel that’s tolerable to someone else?
Empty comments without points have been made.

Those with children haven’t made insults first, have helped a childfree member that came to the parent thread we could easily have said google it go back to your thread we didn’t.

We’re made to be the nasty ones when we’re welcoming and offer other viewpoints, we have been childless at a point so can offer the view you may want to consider but others are coming here with insults first. I’ll leave this thread have your discussion.

Ps cats are evil bastards in my opinion.

• Haha
belle didn’t insult anyone (didn’t mean to imply she had and apologies if taken as such!) - i was just pointing out that the terminology used (again, knew it was a matter of time before a cat was brought up 🤣) mirrored what was being mentioned in other posts.

again though, i think it’s best to move on. no one gains anything from this 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’ve never been overly maternal yet have two of my own. All I will say is that children definitley did not make me happier as a person, quite the opposite infact. I miss my old life. But my children are my world and they bring me so much joy. But I can see and reasonate with how some choose to stay child free. My son is undergoing various medical investigations and since he was born I’ve not felt truly happy in myself as I can’t be happy and enjoy my life not knowing what’s going on with him. You never think your child will be poorly until it actually happens to you (fingers crossed we get the clear so I feel like I can get back to my old self)

• Heart
I’ve never been overly maternal yet have two of my own. All I will say is that children definitley did not make me happier as a person, quite the opposite infact. I miss my old life. But my children are my world and they bring me so much joy. But I can see and reasonate with how some choose to stay child free. My son is undergoing various medical investigations and since he was born I’ve not felt truly happy in myself as I can’t be happy and enjoy my life not knowing what’s going on with him. You never think your child will be poorly until it actually happens to you (fingers crossed we get the clear so I feel like I can get back to my old self)
Sorry to hear that! Hope ye get sorted soon! ❤

I haven't seen anyone say that but fair enough if that's what you've found. To be fair though, every parent I know (I appreciate there are obviously some who won't agree) has said that they have never experienced love like the one they have for their child, so in their experience (which is what they base their views off) then yes, that is how they feel. I will openly admit I have never known purpose like having my son and I spent my whole life not really bothered about having kids, it's just something I cannot put into words and I do believe many (not all) people would feel the same if they had a child. Does that mean they by default should? Or their life is empty without? Of course not, just saying I can understand why people may say such things, particularly when people are on the fence, I guess they think they are trying to be helpful by saying how wonderful it can be.

Also there is *plenty* of judgement on parenting choices from people who don't even have kids. It's feral actually. Again, everyone is entitled to an opinion but it's another one of those things that unless you have experienced it, you can never really get it. I'm not saying being a parent is some exclusive club that you don't get a say on if you aren't in it, but unfortunately it really is true that it's one of those things you cannot fully grasp until you've lived it, so people who haven't being critical of how you do it really does duck you off.

It's a shame we can't all just live our lives making our own choices and letting others make theirs but then I guess none of us would be on Tattle if we could would we? 😂 😇
BIB

I can't play golf but I can recognise a decent player from a poor one...🤷🏼‍♀️

We might not all become parents but everyone has been a child. So the idea that child free people have no experience to comment on parenting issues is the sort of thing CFBC abhor.

• Haha
Locking. No one cba with dealing with all this crap yet again from the same topics. People arguing and giving mods a headache will be perm banned and you'll only have yourself to blame.

No matter how many posts you have you'll still get banned. Mods never want to get involved or ever ban anyone, but the same people constantly getting into arguments with crap for us to deal with is ridiculous.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.