Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bobinsky

I wanted to be a vet as I adored animals of all kinds. I now cant even bring myself to even stroke a dog šŸ˜‚ become a bit of a germaphobe since I had my son.

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Thechubbymoaner

VIP Member
i got a microscope as a gift when I was about 5. I was obsessed with bacteria and wanted to be a microbiologist. I got my degree and ultimately phd and worked for 3 years as a research microbiologist. it wasn't all it cracked up to be and now I am in management

yankydoo

Chatty Member
I wanted to be in the sciences or medicine but I struggled with them at school. I am now a solicitor

Percypig

I wanted to be a doctor but am a project manager. For me, it's about my working environment, conditions, colleagues and pay over what I actually do tbh.
I also wanted to be a doctor and am now a project manager. I work with a lot of doctors and Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t go down that route, itā€™s a very tough career. I donā€™t love my job but itā€™s flexible and my colleagues are nice and understanding about childcare emergencies etc so itā€™s fine for now.

Bec3007

VIP Member
Ive wanted to be a vet nurse since I could talk but Iā€™m currently a SAHM. I have all the qualifications to go to uni but sadly life got in the way as a teen so I didnā€™t go and went to college instead. Im now a mother and the nearest uni is over an hour so not practical. One day Iā€™ll get there!

petitspois

VIP Member
I also wanted to be a doctor and am now a project manager. I work with a lot of doctors and Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t go down that route, itā€™s a very tough career. I donā€™t love my job but itā€™s flexible and my colleagues are nice and understanding about childcare emergencies etc so itā€™s fine for now.
snap! I work with doctors too and see how stressed they are - and how it's so hard on family life

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
Apparently when I was 5/6 I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up and I replied
ā€œI want to be a ladyā€

(edit to add I am female, I wasnā€™t dropping a massive bomb in the family šŸ˜)

I clearly had notions šŸ™„
regular Meghan Markle over here.
I always used to say I didnā€™t want to be a grown up, sometimes still do
Funny as the first few months of being on Tattle, I always thought you were male.
Assumptions about fellow Tattlers is a whole another thread :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Lilooooo

I wanted to be a forensic scientist when I was about 7..but now Iā€™m a Social Work Assistant!

Pickminy

Wanted to be a policewoman, went to university to study Nursing (dropped out), now an administrator. It's not a career and not well paid but the hrs work around my children, helps towards paying the bills and the people I work with are lovely! When my youngest is at school I hope to find my career.

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I wanted to be a nurse. I was in and out of hospital and sort of absorbed medical knowledge via osmosis or however else young children learn such things without being taught and in my eyes I thought that was enough to be a nurse! šŸ˜† Now, you could never get me in a job like that! Iā€™m studying for an English degree but I have no idea what i want to do with it. Forensic linguistics maybe although no idea how Iā€™m gonna get there šŸ˜…

petitspois

VIP Member
I wanted to be a doctor but am a project manager. For me, it's about my working environment, conditions, colleagues and pay over what I actually do tbh.

37BBL

VIP Member
I wanted to either work with children or be a hairdresser. I worked with children for a while.
I work in local government now.

Lovelylavenderface

Donā€™t think I ever wanted any specific job? At high school I wanted a basic office job I suppose but I couldnā€™t think of what I wanted to do work wise due to my mental health.
At high school I also wanted to do a job in interior design or something then I wanted to be a photographer and the most realistic for me is being a photographer but I really canā€™t break into it due to my mental health. I couldnā€™t be a photographer with my social anxiety as Iā€™d have to deal with clients all the time and it would be too stressful a job I think sadly.

CrazyCatLady101

Wanted to be a policewoman, went to university to study Nursing (dropped out), now an administrator. It's not a career and not well paid but the hrs work around my children, helps towards paying the bills and the people I work with are lovely! When my youngest is at school I hope to find my career.
hmm I wouldn't say its not a career! I am an administrator and yeah it pays the bills BUT it also depends what kind of field you work in. I am able to progress up the ladder being an administrator and for what I do my wage is great!! I am just shy of 22k

Sparks

Chatty Member
I wanted to be a teacher at nursery school or a hairdresser.

Now I am a contracts administrator, pay is better but I think I would liked being a hairdresser or teacher more.

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
I wanted to be a paramedic, im currently a sahm but before my kids were born I worked in the care industry, trying to get back to work but finding hours that are suitable around my children and a military husband is impossible!

Pinkglitter123

When I was really young, I wanted to be a fashion designer. Ended up doing degree in graphic design but now work in the energy industry