Childhood dream job vs now

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really wanted to be an astronaut and then an opera singer, I ended up working in IT. Turns out I love my job now and I cannot sing at all 🎶😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Wanted to be a nurse. Got part way through my training then got pregnant. Ended up with 4 children in quick succession , never managed to get back into nursing.
For the last 12 years I’ve been an audio typist for the police

Reactions: 2
Don’t think I ever wanted any specific job? At high school I wanted a basic office job I suppose but I couldn’t think of what I wanted to do work wise due to my mental health.
At high school I also wanted to do a job in interior design or something then I wanted to be a photographer and the most realistic for me is being a photographer but I really can’t break into it due to my mental health. I couldn’t be a photographer with my social anxiety as I’d have to deal with clients all the time and it would be too stressful a job I think sadly.

Ive wanted to be a vet nurse since I could talk but I’m currently a SAHM. I have all the qualifications to go to uni but sadly life got in the way as a teen so I didn’t go and went to college instead. Im now a mother and the nearest uni is over an hour so not practical. One day I’ll get there!

Reactions: 1
Apparently when I was 5/6 I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up and I replied
“I want to be a lady”

(edit to add I am female, I wasn’t dropping a massive bomb in the family 😐)

I clearly had notions 🙄
regular Meghan Markle over here.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wanted to be a nurse. I was in and out of hospital and sort of absorbed medical knowledge via osmosis or however else young children learn such things without being taught and in my eyes I thought that was enough to be a nurse! 😆 Now, you could never get me in a job like that! I’m studying for an English degree but I have no idea what i want to do with it. Forensic linguistics maybe although no idea how I’m gonna get there 😅

I wanted to be a nutritionist and have ended up being a sales rep. Love my job but still have a huge interest in that field and would like to go back and study for a degree to qualify one day. Problem was when I decided I wanted to do this I hadn't taken any sciences at GCSE which you needed to qualify for most of the courses when I was looking at unis and I didn't like the unis I did visit which I could have done it without. There were probs more but neither of my parents have a degree so it was just the blind leading the blind really. They shouldn't make you make massive life decisions aged 13!!!!

Reactions: 4
I absolutely love children and always wanted to be a mum and a teacher.

I qualified as a primary school teacher and that job nearly broke me.

I'm a stay at home mum now with my own very small business. I'd love to go back to teaching one day but not sure I could cope with the toxic politics, late meetings for the sake of meetings, drowning in paperwork etc.

Reactions: 3
Apparently when I was 5/6 I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up and I replied
“I want to be a lady”

(edit to add I am female, I wasn’t dropping a massive bomb in the family 😐)

I clearly had notions 🙄
regular Meghan Markle over here.
I always used to say I didn’t want to be a grown up, sometimes still do
Funny as the first few months of being on Tattle, I always thought you were male.
Assumptions about fellow Tattlers is a whole another thread :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I always used to say I didn’t want to be a grown up, sometimes still do
Funny as the first few months of being on Tattle, I always thought you were male.
Assumptions about fellow Tattlers is a whole another thread :ROFLMAO:
is it the glasses.....my dark eyes and prominent nose.
Na, I’m a witch 😉

• Haha
I wanted to be a newsreader when I was very young. Growing up I wanted to be a funeral director.
Ended up studying/working in Medicine so retrained and studied to become a funeral director/embalmer and that is what I do along with medical/repatriation

Ive wanted to be a vet nurse since I could talk but I’m currently a SAHM. I have all the qualifications to go to uni but sadly life got in the way as a teen so I didn’t go and went to college instead. Im now a mother and the nearest uni is over an hour so not practical. One day I’ll get there!
Some vets train you up as a nurse. A friend works for vets4pets and started as a care assistant, they are putting her through the vet nurse training. Not sure how it all works but you could look into it once able x

I remember wanting to be a primary teacher, a maths teacher, a journalist/writer. After I had my daughter (teen mum) I considered Midwifery, long story short I went to the open day at Uni and places were limited so on their advice done nursing first on the hope to return and do a shortened Midwifery course but never did. Nursing has changed so much in the 13 years I've been here that I no longer know if I want to do it.

I wanted to be a nurse
but my grandad told me I’d have to see blood and even then I had a phobia of bodily fluids
I heave just blowing my nose
so I wanted to work with horses
til one stood on my foot-and then I was thrown off one
i now work in retail
so much for my phobia of bodily fluids-I deal with it at least once a week
im known for standing outside-gasping for air while heaving for at least ten minutes a go
its like kids know so they choose to Chuck up while standing next to me

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When I was in primary school I wanted to be a doctor or an archaeologist 😂
Ended up a nurse. Not entirely sure it's my forever career though 🤔

Wanted to be a policewoman, went to university to study Nursing (dropped out), now an administrator. It's not a career and not well paid but the hrs work around my children, helps towards paying the bills and the people I work with are lovely! When my youngest is at school I hope to find my career.
hmm I wouldn't say its not a career! I am an administrator and yeah it pays the bills BUT it also depends what kind of field you work in. I am able to progress up the ladder being an administrator and for what I do my wage is great!! I am just shy of 22k

I wanted to be a forensic scientist when I was about 7..but now I’m a Social Work Assistant!

I wanted to be an Air Hostess when I was a child, but ended up a Civil Servant! I can't imagine many people grow up dreaming of being a CS haha, but my pay isn't bad, I have flexible working hours, 31 days leave a year, a good pension and I work from home 3/4 days a week.

When I was little I wanted to be a lollipop lady! Now I’m a nurse but I do think being a lollipop lady would be nice :) and less stressful