Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Apparently when I was 5/6 I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up and I replied
“I want to be a lady”

(edit to add I am female, I wasn’t dropping a massive bomb in the family 😐)

I clearly had notions 🙄
regular Meghan Markle over here.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

LIVINGMYBESTLIFE1

Chatty Member
I really wanted to be an astronaut and then an opera singer, I ended up working in IT. Turns out I love my job now and I cannot sing at all 🎶😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Laur91

VIP Member
I wanted to work at a magazine like Devil Wears Prada haha it was my dream! I actually went and did it but only for a small gossip mag but still! I lived the dream for all of a year before realising the wage is crap and the work was boring and I was sick of Katie Price’s face on every cover!

Now a Project Manager in the Tech industry.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Itsallaboutmememe

Chatty Member
I wanted to be a nurse
but my grandad told me I’d have to see blood and even then I had a phobia of bodily fluids
I heave just blowing my nose
so I wanted to work with horses
til one stood on my foot-and then I was thrown off one
i now work in retail
so much for my phobia of bodily fluids-I deal with it at least once a week
im known for standing outside-gasping for air while heaving for at least ten minutes a go
its like kids know so they choose to Chuck up while standing next to me

• Haha
Reactions: 5

lizziew92

I wanted to be a nutritionist and have ended up being a sales rep. Love my job but still have a huge interest in that field and would like to go back and study for a degree to qualify one day. Problem was when I decided I wanted to do this I hadn't taken any sciences at GCSE which you needed to qualify for most of the courses when I was looking at unis and I didn't like the unis I did visit which I could have done it without. There were probs more but neither of my parents have a degree so it was just the blind leading the blind really. They shouldn't make you make massive life decisions aged 13!!!!

Reactions: 4

Greed-Futures

I wanted to be a history teacher. I became a lawyer (though now I'm a SAHM). I hated my legal career because I couldn't find work in my preferred practice area. I'm thinking I'll retrain as a history teacher when my kids reach school age so I can fulfill my childhood dream and also keep the same schedule as my children.

Reactions: 3

petra23

I always wanted to be an author or a book editor. I went off to uni to do English but my bf managed to persuade me to come home and rent a house with him😩 I'm now a HR Advisor! I've since left my partner and hoping to go back to uni as soon as my tenancy is up!

Orange Creme

VIP Member
I absolutely love children and always wanted to be a mum and a teacher.

I qualified as a primary school teacher and that job nearly broke me.

I'm a stay at home mum now with my own very small business. I'd love to go back to teaching one day but not sure I could cope with the toxic politics, late meetings for the sake of meetings, drowning in paperwork etc.

I wanted to be a solicitor, somewhere along the line I’ve ended up as a social worker
(20 years in) Lots of law in my profession, but I would love to switch to law and I’m looking into it, now my children are getting older - I might be able to.

Grenouille

What did you want to do when you were younger and which field did you end up working in as an adult?

i really wanted to become an astrophysicist 😅 And although I’m currently a SAHM, I work in medical imaging.I love my field, and it’s still STEM, but sometimes I wonder what it’d be like being an astrophysicist 😅

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
I wanted to be a newsreader when I was very young. Growing up I wanted to be a funeral director.
Ended up studying/working in Medicine so retrained and studied to become a funeral director/embalmer and that is what I do along with medical/repatriation

Reactions: 2

tskiry56

I never really knew what I wanted to do when growing up. I currently work in admin for a charity. One day I'd like to work giving something back to a charity that helped me.

Brocoligal

When I was little I wanted to be a lollipop lady! Now I’m a nurse but I do think being a lollipop lady would be nice :) and less stressful

Scvee13

Ive wanted to be a vet nurse since I could talk but I’m currently a SAHM. I have all the qualifications to go to uni but sadly life got in the way as a teen so I didn’t go and went to college instead. Im now a mother and the nearest uni is over an hour so not practical. One day I’ll get there!
Some vets train you up as a nurse. A friend works for vets4pets and started as a care assistant, they are putting her through the vet nurse training. Not sure how it all works but you could look into it once able x

I remember wanting to be a primary teacher, a maths teacher, a journalist/writer. After I had my daughter (teen mum) I considered Midwifery, long story short I went to the open day at Uni and places were limited so on their advice done nursing first on the hope to return and do a shortened Midwifery course but never did. Nursing has changed so much in the 13 years I've been here that I no longer know if I want to do it.

Chewycinema

Chatty Member
When I was in primary school I wanted to be a doctor or an archaeologist 😂
Ended up a nurse. Not entirely sure it's my forever career though 🤔

Wanted to be a nurse. Got part way through my training then got pregnant. Ended up with 4 children in quick succession , never managed to get back into nursing.
For the last 12 years I’ve been an audio typist for the police

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I always used to say I didn’t want to be a grown up, sometimes still do
Funny as the first few months of being on Tattle, I always thought you were male.
Assumptions about fellow Tattlers is a whole another thread :ROFLMAO:
is it the glasses.....my dark eyes and prominent nose.
Na, I’m a bitch 😉

• Haha

NJH

I wanted to be an Air Hostess when I was a child, but ended up a Civil Servant! I can't imagine many people grow up dreaming of being a CS haha, but my pay isn't bad, I have flexible working hours, 31 days leave a year, a good pension and I work from home 3/4 days a week.

Reactions: 1

Calabria

VIP Member
I was brought up wanting to be a teacher - *I* didn’t want to be a teacher but my Mum really wanted me to do if anyone asked I said I wanted to teach primary school.

I work in logistics now 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1