Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you’re quoting dictionary definitions, you’re really on the back foot. Also omitting the first part of the definition “lacking sophistication or good taste” to go for the secondary and less common usage is quite shady. You also probably saw the side bar definition of vulgarity which is “the quality of being common, coarse, or unrefined”. Come on, no need to derail when you could’ve said “thanks for the context”.

Back on the stories today as hard as ever! No cease and desist yet then it seems.
Yes, i said this AFTER being informed that this is a common expression in Nigerian culture. I pulled up the dictionary definition to show you WHY I used the word as a response to talk of throats and necks.

If you read my above post, I have said that I have not and would not use that descriptor after being told of its Nigerian influence. I re-quoted what i said afterwards, not calling it vulgar again.

Yes, i said this AFTER being informed that this is a common expression in Nigerian culture. I pulled up the dictionary definition to show you WHY I used the word as a response to talk of throats and necks.

If you read my above post, I have said that I have not and would not use that descriptor after being told of its Nigerian influence. I re-quoted what i said afterwards, not calling it vulgar again.
Why are you finding it so hard to just say you “didn’t know what she meant but thanks for explaining, sorry if I sounded offensive”. Some real weird comments and sentiments in this thread ngl

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Why are you finding it so hard to just say you “didn’t know what she meant but thanks for explaining, sorry if I sounded offensive”. Some real weird comments and sentiments in this thread ngl
didn’t know what she meant but thanks for explaining, sorry if I sounded offensive, it was not my intention.

Reactions: 1
I came across this site from a "Mummy Blogger" who had a rant when she read what people had been writing about her on here, so these people do read Tattle. It was noticed along the way that people would write things on Tattle and then her IG would reflect what had been said about her.

Reactions: 1
Agreed, for new users pls know you can click a username and click mute to not see contributions you don’t want to. I don’t like the idea of tattle becoming a place for white women (like me cos I’m sure I’ll be accused of being CE lol) to tit on every part of a black woman with absolutely no reproach? Black contributors should be allowed to feel safe here too.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Agreed, for new users pls know you can click a username and click mute to not see contributions you don’t want to. I don’t like the idea of tattle becoming a place for white women (like me cos I’m sure I’ll be accused of being CE lol) to tit on every part of a black woman with absolutely no reproach? Black contributors should be allowed to feel safe here too.
Are you actually serious lol?! Did you just accuse me and call me a “white woman shitting on every part of a black woman?!”. I’m in shock. Read my comments and tell me again that that is fully warranted?!

@trixytrips do you believe this to be the case?

Are you actually serious lol?! Did you just accuse me and call me a “white woman shitting on every part of a black woman?!”. I’m in shock. Read my comments and tell me again that that is fully warranted?!

@trixytrips do you believe this to be the case?
I didn’t tag you in my post.

What that sentence was referring to was instances where people are digging in too deep, beyond anything that’s actually worth critiquing. It’s been said before by far more articulate ppl in this thread that at points it feels like ppl just kicking CE for the sake of it, rather than critiquing all that’s gone on? There’s a difference between saying her book is tit (see: chick pea/pee) and saying she’s vulgar for using a Nigerian turn of phrase & then refusing to back down when a black woman is kindly taking the time to educate you.

If you lot are happy behaving like that then go for it but other contributors who want a nice thread pls be aware you can mute ppl like this on Tattle, it should be a safe space for everyone to goss if they wish x

Reactions: 16
I didn’t tag you in my post.

What that sentence was referring to was instances where people are digging in too deep, beyond anything that’s actually worth critiquing. It’s been said before by far more articulate ppl in this thread that at points it feels like ppl just kicking CE for the sake of it, rather than critiquing all that’s gone on? There’s a difference between saying her book is tit (see: chick pea/pee) and saying she’s vulgar for using a Nigerian turn of phrase & then refusing to back down when a black woman is kindly taking the time to educate you.

If you lot are happy behaving like that then go for it but other contributors who want a nice thread pls be aware you can mute ppl like this on Tattle, it should be a safe space for everyone to goss if they wish x
You did not tag me but you have spoken directly about my comments? Lol contradictory much?

I did NOT say "she's vulgar for using Nigerian turn of phrase" DO NOT TWIST MY WORDS. My words are above, the posts are there. Need I explain once more? I used the word vulgar as it relates to, in my schema of thought, to bodily functions, that is ALL, nothing more.

You have said that I "refused to back down" lool, please refer to my comment (post 839) that "Yes, I agree if I used the word 'vulgar' to respond to something explicitly outlined as Nigerian, then yes it is offensive and perhaps I wouldn't have the best intention, but that is not the case"

I also literally said, "didn’t know what she meant but thanks for explaining, sorry if I sounded offensive, it was not my intention."

Last edited:
I feel like SF is too egotistical to NOT read here tbh. I really do wonder when this whole thing will end tbh
I almost lean towards that she isn’t, because I think if she was she’d be screenshotting / referring to Tattle by name. BUT maybe she knows Tattle is like Twitter and it’s a lot harder to direct the narrative here, and if she mentioned it she’d be sending people to a place where people are being critical of her.
Also she’s probably obsessively googling any mentions of her name so she must have stumbled on it at some point.
Hmm 🤔

Reactions: 8
I almost lean towards that she isn’t, because I think if she was she’d be screenshotting / referring to Tattle by name. BUT maybe she knows Tattle is like Twitter and it’s a lot harder to direct the narrative here, and if she mentioned it she’d be sending people to a place where people are being critical of her.
Also she’s probably obsessively googling any mentions of her name so she must have stumbled on it at some point.
Hmm 🤔
Part of me thinks she hasn’t or she’d be asking everyone to pay her reparations for mentioning her very existence. Equally - I think she might and is not willing to direct people here where there have been screenshots of some of her hypocrisy and that it will stop her flow on guilt money.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I am a bit confused because the way CE uses those words, is it not meant to be insulting and rude to the person she is talking about/to?

@trixytrips i am waiting for your response about our previous discussion. Do you agree with @heretoreaditall2019 that I am a white woman shitting on every part of a black woman?

for those who “liked” that comment. @Justalurker2020 @realhousewivewannabe would you guys also like to explicitly say that this is the case?

disgusting comment which is totally unwarranted and is of a bullying nature. For those who want to be clever behind their anonymous novelty usernames, please, ‘educate’ me about why you believe this to be true. I am intrigued.
sorry what?!?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.