Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I don’t mind her normally but a sleep consultant for a baby who is a week old! I hate this. Why do these people think newborns won’t wake up or need to be in a routine?!! Working on a routine that suits the three of us?!! No no no. She’s a week old woman

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I used to quite like her, and her message. I empathised with her disordered body and food relationship, and admired her (ostensibly) brave public weight gain and criticism of the prevailing female beauty standards. Many of us have been through it.

I appreciate that putting oneself out there will inevitably bring antagonists and naysayers... BUT, it is rather frustrating/upsetting that those who wish to peddle an inclusive leftist sort of social vision i.e. body positivity or feminism ( or the nitty gritty aspects of the biological aspects of those with uteruses etc.), they feel that they have to do it in this sort of shocking/frenzied or eccentric way. It is perfectly possible to be fairly subdued and yet not fit the standard. Being plain and yet cynical of the status quo are not mutually exclusive states. It is just sad that it seems to be an either-or with these people. It almost alienates those which they hope to 'convert', so to speak.

I understand that she may have become a bit lost in the cause that she was championing but by gosh... she has definitely taken a confusing turn.
I am aware that I do not have to follow her (I don't, she is no longer for me), but I did want to air my frustrations out.. it is just really annoying that the message at the crux of a lot of these pages gets muddled up in the desire to be seen as a beacon of positivity and acceptance. They literally do the opposite and stifle the good growth that had been started at their inception.

ShhItsASecret

Chatty Member
I can so see her doing that. Was she meant to be a PT? I mean what does she do anyway?? Apart from gurn, want to be your best friend and be the only woman who has ever been pregnant 😂
Oh, is she pregnant? I didn’t know.. wish she’d have mentioned it.

• Haha

Mrspowell

VIP Member
The thing that bothers me most about this girl, is the fact she has ‘Doula’ in her bio! Sorry hunny but you are not a doula. She’s one of those horrendous people who thinks she knows everything about pregnancy childbirth parenting etc despite having no children. Obviously now she is pregnant but she was like it before. She went to my school in sixth form and she was horrendous!

hello0986

Off topic but it’s SO narcissistic that she has in her bio “a slice of escapism amongst the chaos” as if all of her lowly followers are miserable and struggling in the pandemic but she isn’t so she’s doing them a service by prancing around like a privileged bellend? The audacity.

Starry_eyed_pie

Chatty Member
Of course they didn't use any clothes she packed in her bag and they were both naked the whole time. Because being naked seems to be her MO!

• Haha
Reactions: 17

ShhItsASecret

Chatty Member
I sort of feel good on her for not parading the baby RIGHT AWAY.
I think we’d jump on her if she did.
She’s clearly enjoying some alone time before sharing her, and I don’t see that as bad.

I know, I know- she’s shoved it down our throats for 9 months, but can we begrudge her a few weeks of this precious moment?

(I’m an avid chessie hater- so I can’t believe I wrote the above… but, come on…)

Emslou22

Popping onto Instagram this evening and seeing Chessie advertising the pram that I intend to buy (which costs a small fortune!) has really annoyed me! She probably didn’t even pay for it 🙄

It’s so difficult seeing all of these “influencers” being gifted/paid to advertise products that regular mums/dads-to-be have to save for months for!!

I swear I’ve seen her naked baby bump/body more often than I ever saw mine and I’ve had two kids! Put it away!

• Haha

lineofduty92

Blimey. Chessie is now so heavily pregnant she needs to go to the toilet every half hour. That progressed quickly 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Off topic but it’s SO narcissistic that she has in her bio “a slice of escapism amongst the chaos” as if all of her lowly followers are miserable and struggling in the pandemic but she isn’t so she’s doing them a service by prancing around like a privileged bellend? The audacity.
Also off topic but I feel the need. Privileged bellend indeed. In her own words ‘ I’ve worked very hard since I was 14 for everything I have, my parents gave me nothing’ yeah right. Let’s recap …… a nobody hooks up with (then) healthy chef Steph and forms two peas in a bod to boost her followers. Then signs with the same agent. Does a PT course and becomes a fitness ‘expert’ overnight. Then falls out with Steph over the ginger orange. Starts flogging anything and everything that anyone will pay her for on Insta - not exactly hard work. Piles on the pounds so starts a body confidence movement. What can she do next - oooh write a book time passes. Need something new quick, yeah we’ll get married. Bummer Covid arrives, lightbulb moment 💡 I’ll have a baby …….. and we’ll all be hearing about it for the next 18 years yawn …….
Queue the next book - perfect parenting 😂

• Heart

scotinlondon

She’s one of the worst influencers for me by a mile. She tries to be “everyone’s big sister” but it’s all an act and you can see straight through it. I actually met her a while ago at a fitness event and she was a total bitch to me, mean girl through and through.

Reactions: 16

unicorn93

I stumbled across this thread completely by accident and it’s so weird to read because I went to school with Chessie. She swapped friends like her knickers, every girl was her “best friend” (I was one once 🤮) for about a week until she moved on to the next. Of course she was also incredibly bitchy and cold - once she was bored with you as a friend she’d just discard you and pretend that you didn’t exist. Typical narcissist IMO.

I remember going to her mummy and daddy’s Oast house a couple of times after school and of course it was always so “perfect”. I vaguely remember something about her younger sister having surgery on her bellybutton because it was an “outy” but she wanted an “inny” 😂.... I swear she must’ve literally been like 10 at the time.

I always got the impression she was incredibly insecure about her size - she is literally a giant compared to most girls, not necessarily fat but just big boned and really tall - almost butch/manlike (sorry that sounds mean but don’t know how else to describe!). She’d always have to be centre of attention and always had to have the main part in school plays/music shows etc (yeah she used to think she could sing as well... yikes). Everything about her and her family was just like cheesy American fake smiles and overly forced happiness 😂.

It’s sad to see her peddling all this body positivity rubbish nowadays but it doesn’t surprise me one bit, it just reeks of the whole “lady doth protest too much” thing to me, trying to convince everyone else that she’s soooo happy and confident. I pity all these influencers who can’t seem to be happy without all this external validation. Just get on with your life!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16