Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
So many people use the term EBF to just mean they don’t give formula. It’s not correct, as if she has started weaning then it’s no longer exclusive.
I always find the exclusive bit a bit redundant. Either you are Bf, combi feeding or formula feeding. No need for the exclusive
This is so true I’ve not thought of it like this!

Does anyone know what those two things are at each end of her scar?! Off topic but I’m curious as had a c section (and breastfed believe it or not chess you aren’t the first to do either 🤣) but never had those on my scar!
They’re beads, on the ends of the sutures. Most CS are now closed with dissolvable stitches but some doctors still use the ones like this where the midwife comes to the house on around day 5 post birth and removes the stitches.

Misspurpleberry

Chatty Member
thats a study of 29 infants, hardly a compelling data set.
Also that shows a difference of 18 minutes…doesn’t equate to formula fed babies sleeping through the night be breastfed babies don’t.
It’s such a ridiculous narrative to endorse, breastfeeding rates are so low in the country as it is, suggesting that changing to formula will make a baby sleep longer when that is not true only risks more stopping.
My breastfed baby has slept for 10+ hours since 12 weeks. Now at 5 months he sleeps 7-7.

No they had said that formula fills babies up for longer and means they sleep longer.
This is just what my antenatal class and midwives told me, I breastfeed and being told that never made me feel the need to give up or get a robot to look after him in the night?