Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mouse

The original, in case anyone needs an ear cleanse :LOL:

oh that's my 'i am bladdered and don't care, just let me sit here with headphones on thinking i am the best singer in the whole world' song - feels odd hearing it sober *shudder*

Sazbee

VIP Member
I quite liked the last song she released but the video makes me sad. Why do naturally pretty women go in for all this??

LadyMuck

VIP Member
A bit puffy is an understatement. I’ve seen championship boxers less swollen after going 15 rounds! It’s a tacky lazy money grab. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I actually miss her ‘singing’.
She looks the image of Nadine Cole! What's with her squinty eyes

soph30

VIP Member
I remember it differently. Kimberley said Louis neglected the group and only visited them once during their career and that was when they were filming 'I think we're alone now' and only to remark "oh good, none of you are fat anymore" and leave soon after. He made money off of them for ages via Popstars contract, for "discovering" them, but didn't help their careers one bit. In fact he hated all the girls but Nadine and texted her privately saying they were 'just a bunch of English knackers' and that caused tension in the group early on. (Knackers means something like a chav/scumbag, I think. Irish tattlers correct me if I'm wrong lol). Kimberley acknowledged their weight loss but said general pressure within the industry made them feel like they had to lose weight, they weren't directed by anyone to do so, but who knows. They've said so many things only to deny them later.

IMO Nadine has a wide body frame making her appear larger even at a healthy weight, she also has a tendency to develop a rounded tum. She's just a natural apple shape. They did all became skinny at one point, but Nadine and Cheryl's weight plummeted. They were obviously sick. The remainder of the girls just lost some pleasant womanliness from their frames. And I agree re body standards, they used to shoop Kim's hips narrow...

View attachment 1201204View attachment 1201205

Nadine had/has an eating disorder, as did/does Cheryl.

View attachment 1201208View attachment 1201209
Yes Louis was always so annoying with siding with Irish acts :) Although I’m surprised he thought of Nadine as a kindred Irish spirit as she’s from Derry in Northern Ireland and he’s from the republic? Difficult history between the two Irelands

I agree that not everything can be as it seems in the entertainment world, but that doesn't mean you should see conspiracy in everything and believe everything on Popbitch.

The doctor who was interviewed as part of Life Stories is very senior and wouldn't need to go on TV and lie as part of a cover-up about why she was really hospitalised for a bit of cash. He teaches UCL medical students and is director of the London Clinic. He's not going to spend his time lying for the benefit of a popstar who supposedly wanted to cover up the fact she overdosed on diet pills or drugs or any other version of the rumour.

I don't think the X Factor USA sacking was anything to do with her having an assault conviction. She had visas to work in the US both before and after the show. She recorded her first three albums at least partly in the US. Even with her third album, which she recorded after she was sacked, she recorded it almost exclusively in America and did all the rehearsals for her solo tour there. Personally, I think she was sacked because she was boring on the show. She had a spark on X Factor UK in 2008 that for me she started to lose in the 2009 and 2010 series. She was humiliated twice with Ashley cheating, went through a divorce, various media controversies, plus she had a serious illness. It's not really surprising that she became more reserved, inward, and less exciting to the point that Simon realised he'd made a mistake bringing her out to America in 2011.

As for the Liam relationship, I don't see conspiracy here either. Her 2014 album had two #1 singles but the album sales were poor and her relationship with Polydor deteriorated a bit after that. In 2015, she just did X Factor and didn't release any new music. She wasn't interested in breaking through in the US anymore - she'd given that up after being sacked in 2011, or by 2012 at the very latest. And she was 32 years old by the time her relationship with Liam started, hardly an age when she'd be trying to market herself to teenage girls. I wouldn't say Liam couldn't stand her when she was his crush for about seven years before they got together and I never saw any pictures of them looking unhappy, at least in the first year of their relationship.

I think her change in image comes from the fact she's pushing 40, recognises there's not much demand for new music from her, and knows there aren't any big TV roles coming her way soon. She seems content to just flog these vitamins with some videos for Instagram that she can record from her house, along with doing occasional performances at pride concerts and looking after her son.
She was just better known in the UK. I mentioned her to my Australian cousins in 2009 and they had NO IDEA who she was- she was so big in the UK!

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
Is that a super injunction? Isn’t a super injunction to stop stories being printed? Aren’t you describing something more like a restraining order?
It’s the same thing really. If the stories can’t print pics of her due to a super injunction, the paps aren’t going to take pics of her, cos it means they can’t sell them to the papers and make money off them. It’s a waste of their time.

AdoraDelano

Chatty Member

You don't have to get tested to coparent, do you? Is this just Cheryl using anything she can as an excuse to control freak? If there was any doubt she in my mind she used Liam solely to have a baby there isn't now.

The whole situation is bonkers. He seems to let her have all the say??
I read that and wondered if it was because Liam is working / mixing with other people so she wants to make sure he's not caught it.

MissGlitzyRitzy

VIP Member
I mean I kind of do believe it but just don't know where Justin would fit into to all of this?
I believe maybe they had a thing. Their bosses mayve wanted it hushed😔
But as Ive seen Kimberly (OMG a natural beauty) with Justin (he's alright too) and their gorgeous kids a few times..
They look like a normal family but of course that could just live together.

I hope if the girls were together they could one day say its different times now...