Cheeky fucker neighbours?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The part I find really cheeky is not being friendly enough to just talk to you first, it even after. This is about relations and trust more than dust I feel?

Maybe wait until it's all done before feeling fully irritated, they may yet thank you some way.

As for cheeky neighbours, mine is an ice cream driver so dumps her uninsured car (as it has no MOT) opposite our drive, which is dropped and on a corner, and we then cannot see past her car and over sized pavement blocking bush so people who may have to walk in the road are in danger, and we would be liable if we hit someone and God forbid we ever did. There's kids, a woman on an electric scooter etc who we see going past in that road. When it comes to bins, we have photos of her wheelie bin after being filled with empty flake boxes etc literally just dumped not just outside our house but on our garden.

She's blocked the drains pouring down stale ice cream (dairy can cause explosions)

She also tried to run me over on my drive with the van.

We got no help, the police have done zero about her driving the car that didn't pass its MOT, and we've even got footage of her attacking the police. She's not going anywhere, and we will never have peace.

She decided she would hate on us as I asked her to move 6 cars blocking the street when my father in law was coming over, it was his last visit, he passed away soon after. Its wanting a dying man to be able to park on our drive has led to a nightmare 3 years.

It's not worth falling out with the cheeky, they can get much worse.

It will soon be done thank goodness, I hope they're decent and pay for the water without fuss. I feel for you being that close, at least I'm just facing my cheeky neighbour 😬🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
The part I find really cheeky is not being friendly enough to just talk to you first, it even after. This is about relations and trust more than dust I feel?

Maybe wait until it's all done before feeling fully irritated, they may yet thank you some way.

As for cheeky neighbours, mine is an ice cream driver so dumps her uninsured car (as it has no MOT) opposite our drive, which is dropped and on a corner, and we then cannot see past her car and over sized pavement blocking bush so people who may have to walk in the road are in danger, and we would be liable if we hit someone and God forbid we ever did. There's kids, a woman on an electric scooter etc who we see going past in that road. When it comes to bins, we have photos of her wheelie bin after being filled with empty flake boxes etc literally just dumped not just outside our house but on our garden.

She's blocked the drains pouring down stale ice cream (dairy can cause explosions)

We got no help, the police have done zero about her driving the car that didn't pass its MOT, and we've even got footage of her attacking the police. She's not going anywhere, and we will never have peace.

She decided she would hate on us as I asked her to move 6 cars blocking the street when my father in law was coming over, it was his last visit, he passed away soon after. Its wanting a dying man to be able to park on our drive has led to a nightmare 3 years.

It will soon be done thank goodness, I hope they're decent and pay for the water without fuss. I feel for you being that close, at least I'm just facing my cheeky neighbour 😬🙄
It's awful when we have to turn a blind eye to awful neighbours in fear they will get worse 😢

Reactions: 6

Jesus. She sounds like the worst neighbour ever.

Unlocked the water again yesterday for the builders. Asked nicely if when they were done could they please clean my wall. They’re nice chaps.
I don’t understand the thought process of the CF neighbours but I’m also not going to do/say anything as, as you said, it’s not worth it for neighbour relations. The problem is solved in that they can’t just use without asking. We both look like we’re planning on staying put for a long time to come so causing tensions is unwise.

We seem to have the worst luck with neighbours. We live in a detached house, the one next to us is about 2 metres apart. The guy who moved in next door was very friendly and nice to our face - but we came home one day to discover he'd built a kind of smoking shelter and attached it to our garage wall! I was furious. Didn't say anything as thought best to keep relations good.

I've heard him banging all day now though - I'm scared this lean to is being converted into something much more permanent.
Omg. I'd have had that down in about 30 seconds flat. Sod good relations. That would have made my blood boil. There really are some piss takers out there..

Reactions: 9
cant recall if I told this before, so forgive me if it's familiar. It's also long....

For the most part our neighbour are ok. My house is tucked up a corner at the end of a drive so I'm reasonably out of the way of the crazy, but the guy who lives at the end of my drive is what we tend to call a 'bit of a strange fruit'.

At one point our drives run side by side for about 6 meters. There is no shared access, right of way etc. Somewhere on the deeds it was written that we are not to park on this concurrent part, even though we own it, and we don't, but people do stop there to deliver etc never more than a few minutes. In the past, we think when he's had a drink, he's come out, arms waving and shouting at people. Most have told him to duck off.

Came back from holiday last year to find he'd bought himself a second car. Now the only way to get this on and off his drive is to move his other car and shuffle them. I was amused to note that rather than doing this, he'd drive on to my drive instead and use that and he did it several times a day. He even moved my bin one night after I'd put it out on my drive so he could drive out. Not something that bothered me at that point, but I figured if we were going down the give and take route he'd stop complaining at the Amazon man etc.

Couple of months ago I sold my old car and a young lad came to look at it. He made the fatal mistake of parking there. He's out in seconds, arms waving, pointing etc. Generally acting like a toddler who wants a milky bar and cant have it. Unfortunately for him he caught my husband in a less than good mood.
Husband marches down there and asks if there is a problem, neighbour confirms he's sick of people stopping on our drive. Husband goes sickly sweet, apologises and asks if putting a parking post in might help. Neighbour enthusiastically agrees. Husband walks to the part of the drive neighbour uses and says 'no problem, i'll pop one there'. It's at this point neighbour realises he's cooked. "but' he stutters 'I wont be able to get my car out!'. 'No, you wont be able to continue to use OUR drive daily I'm afraid'. Neighbour goes quiet. Husband finishes it with 'if you decide that people stopping on our property is a problem for you moving forward, please knock on and i'll put the post in'.

Not a peep has been heard from him since 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Get this for cheeky neighbours, my elderly neighbours daughter came to our door last night (the elderly couple hardly speak english) to apologise for the noise over the next two weeks as their 4 grandchildren are coming to stay (bear in mind our houses are tiny two up two down, made for 3 people)
Last year it was a nightmare they were running up and down the stairs and screaming and shouting till midnight most nights we didn't get any peace
Surely they should keep their noise down or at least at a reasonable level, not basically come to my door and say we are going to be noisey hope you don't mind 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Get this for cheeky neighbours, my elderly neighbours daughter came to our door last night (the elderly couple hardly speak english) to apologise for the noise over the next two weeks as their 4 grandchildren are coming to stay (bear in mind our houses are tiny two up two down, made for 3 people)
Last year it was a nightmare they were running up and down the stairs and screaming and shouting till midnight most nights we didn't get any peace
Surely they should keep their noise down or at least at a reasonable level, not basically come to my door and say we are going to be noisey hope you don't mind 🙄
Sadly it seems a lot of people these days think it's their right to inconvenience everyone around them - but god forbid you inconvenience them. I'd have half a mind to be up at 6am blasting music back.

Reactions: 6
Sadly it seems a lot of people these days think it's their right to inconvenience everyone around them - but god forbid you inconvenience them. I'd have half a mind to be up at 6am blasting music back.
My husband gets up at 4.am for work every morning let's just say he's a bit noisier than normal 😈

Last edited:
  • Haha
That would make me so angry, I would have to say something.

Yes, kids can get excited and forget that they should try to be quiet but FFS, she should be reining them in as much as possible. The neck of her to think it's okay to just 'apologise' beforehand and then they can make as much noise as they like. 😡

Reactions: 1
That would make me so angry, I would have to say something.

Yes, kids can get excited and forget that they should try to be quiet but FFS, she should be reining them in as much as possible. The neck of her to think it's okay to just 'apologise' beforehand and then they can make as much noise as they like. 😡
I was raging 😤 I haven't got a problem with kids playing but they are very noisey and run up and down stairs etc constantly its a nightmare when they are here
When my steps were kids they weren't allowed to make loads of noise if they did they got told to quieten down I would never go round to the neighbours and say hey sorry but our kids are gonna make as much noise as they want ok 😠

Reactions: 2