Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KyBourbon

VIP Member
I am so curious about the aborigines' psychogeography songlines. @The Cheshire Cat, sounds like Uluru made you a believer.
Do either of you have good URLs on songlines, or Uluru? I'm counting on videos these days to get me to the places I didn't manage, and cannot now. One reason I love Nicki Positano, that's a heavenly place, and she actually walks the path of the gods on cam. Which I could never have done even when my knees were not the old cantalopes they are now. I was saddened by the Carlo grift, as we discussed here, but those cliffs above the sea, the constant presence of being high in the sky, always reminds me of my BFF Breughel's Icarus. Nicki gets it too, named her daughter Skye.
I don’t have any recommendations on songlines or Uluru…I’ll look to CheshireCat. But, you’ve piqued my interest…I’ll have to check it out!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
we never stay in Colombo...always stay away from there..the country is safe..mostly rent a house in Beruwela..we even went there when the tamiltigers were at war...my mother was horrified...she had images of Afghanistan i think...we always have nice holidays there...know a lot of people too, and try to help where help is needed..hope also we are able to visit this winter...
Just looked on the map. Must have gone past there because I’ve stayed in Galle. Did a bus journey from Colombo to Galle. Beautiful beaches. Have only been up as far as Kandy but I’d like to go further up north next time.
Not looking likely for me this year. The UK has a traffic light system and currently Sri Lanka is red which would mean a hotel quarantine when I came back. Can’t quite see the logic as I don’t think SL has any worse Covid numbers than amber countries. Next year 🤞🏻

Tea42

Oh, I'm all about tropical foliage. As we speak, my feet are resting on a cushion of palm tree printed barkcloth.
I don't have a blackamoor brooch however or any obvious memsahib gear. There is a photo of me aged four, in a pith helmet and shorts, however.
I followed a bunch of home reno/design blogs from Finland for as long as people were blogging. They're like this real center of civilized life, right on the border with Pooty.
Did you ever follow a blog called Susk and Banoo? they started off in Paris, then Camden town, and Helsinki...then she moved to Colorado Springs and stopped blogging but I loved her Helsinki blogs. I mention it because to posted a pic from Daniel Kanters instagram and I've been following him since he started with Manhatten Nest.

• Heart
Why does he and SJ think his scrawny chest is sexy???
As we said in the 80's "Oh, gag me with a spoon!"

I thought so too. I thought "nervous?" Or a nonessential tremor.

My legs is where I carry a lot of my weight. Even when I was thin, I had short, chubby legs. So I envy Hanni's legs and thin torso and firm toned arms.
come on ...grab yourself together..you want her fysique..i bet you dont want her behaviour...so get over your insecurities...

HalcyonOrganic

VIP Member
Shiny McShine Fairshine released a new life update video. I should remember to hide his channel on my recommendations..

Based on his thumbnail, he moves his house and is III?

Reactions: 1

purejuice

VIP Member
" gardens as semiotic voids" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: What a load of Barthesian-Saussureian word salad codswallop! Steffie's gaf is anything but a semiotic void...it clearly spells out 'HMN full of tat with expensively misapplied materials and bric-a-brac to the detriment of essential works - all left unfinished and all in need of a regular industrial deep clean'.
Codswallop, indeed. I was thinking that Reisz' detail, which is better than her theory, might provide some insight on how agricultural or botanical colonialism created the plantation architecture on Barbados. She has gone on to write a book which I actually want to read, along the same lines of plantation colonialism. Grew up near Firestone's Heart of Darkness plantation in Liberia.
Do you know where I might look to discover if the British colonial infrastructure had a school of colonial architecture/city planning as the French did?

Attachments

Need some ideas for vlogs to watch. Who do you guys watch? I already watch the usual. Gave up with Nicky Positano when she begged for a car. Can’t stand Kylie Flavell. Started watching Jordan Peterson, he’s good. I’m interested in travel, house restoration, history that sort of thing. All suggestions gratefully received 😊

Bollinger is okay. Totally overhyped in the Bond movies back in the day in my opinion, thus the English fascination. I like Moet, Perrier Jouet, or Veuve Clicquot and I sure as hell would be drinking one of those if I was in France. I’m a Yank by the way. 🤣
How about Tigers Blood and the whole Charlie Sheen Fiasco. He was drinking Dom Perignon like it was Milk. That was sad but funny too. Oh well, we have since forgiven him. Thank Goodness he is clean again for the 25th time. I think it will stick this time. He's too old