Charlotte Tilbury and friends behaving badly - reports of abuse from employees, sadly!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Charlotte is insane and a bully. She abuses her assistants ( who all have to look similar to her - thin, white only) and Sophia is very rude too. She's known in the industry for her abusive behaviour so I'm not surprised it's trickled down to her brand.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
If you're into skin care, you'll know that her "magic cream" and recent serum are overpriced and do the bare minimum for your skin. in the words of Dr Dray - "charlotte isn't looking out for you, she's after your money"

• Sad
Reactions: 10
If you're into skin care, you'll know that her "magic cream" and recent serum are overpriced and do the bare minimum for your skin. in the words of Dr Dray - "charlotte isn't looking out for you, she's after your money"
Ive never bought her skincare only buy the odd lipstick.

Reactions: 2
I must confess, I've always been a real sucker for her marketing. But I do really love a lot of her makeup, even though it's expensive. And I really like the Magic Cream, but have heard that it's very similar to Nivea 😮 though obviously much more expensive. Is there any truth in this..? But not a chance will I be buying the new serum (£60 for a 30ml bottle), or the new lip oil (£28, wth?!?).

Reactions: 1
For anyone thinking of buying any makeup from her, I’ve been disappointed with every item I’ve had. The ones I was most disappointed about though was the Hollywood flawless filter and the powder, very expensive for what they are! It doesn’t surprise me to hear everything that is coming out about her either

• Wow
Reactions: 5
For anyone thinking of buying any makeup from her, I’ve been disappointed with every item I’ve had. The ones I was most disappointed about though was the Hollywood flawless filter and the powder, very expensive for what they are! It doesn’t surprise me to hear everything that is coming out about her either
Loreal do a great dupe for the flawless filter its called Glow Cherie and is £10.

I must confess, I've always been a real sucker for her marketing. But I do really love a lot of her makeup, even though it's expensive. And I really like the Magic Cream, but have heard that it's very similar to Nivea 😮 though obviously much more expensive. Is there any truth in this..? But not a chance will I be buying the new serum (£60 for a 30ml bottle), or the new lip oil (£28, wth?!?).
I'm more inclined to buy her makeup because forumula's improve and you can see instantly what you're getting ygm, but her skin care is just a bunch of basic tit with extragavacant marketing, you will not see any meaningful results from this. It's such a shame people get sucked into this marketing and shell out money believing it's top quality just cos of the price :(

I've only tried her glow primer thing which I NEVER use, its just shimmer sitting on your face underneath your foundation. I did recently buy her concealer god know's why. I noticed people have been asking for more skin diversity on her youtube tutorials for a while but idk if she has actually done that yet. A good makeup artist that does use models with acne is Hindash - recommend you checking him out especially if you're a poc

I'm more inclined to buy her makeup because forumula's improve and you can see instantly what you're getting ygm, but her skin care is just a bunch of basic tit with extragavacant marketing, you will not see any meaningful results from this. It's such a shame people get sucked into this marketing and shell out money believing it's top quality just cos of the price :(

I've only tried her glow primer thing which I NEVER use, its just shimmer sitting on your face underneath your foundation. I did recently buy her concealer god know's why. I noticed people have been asking for more skin diversity on her youtube tutorials for a while but idk if she has actually done that yet. A good makeup artist that does use models with acne is Hindash - recommend you checking him out especially if you're a poc
I bought the concealer did nothing for my under eyes the revolution £5 did more.

Sofia having that top job is sheer nepotism. She really isn't all that imo.

I used to love the Charlotte Tilbury brand, but it's all very OTT now. I always thought they were a very classy brand, but now it's as if they're lowering themselves in trying to be like the self-declared MUAs of IG, where it's all way too many products on the face, far too much highlighter all over the face, the overdrawing of the lips etc.

Every day I've been receiving emails from them, with different offers every single day - discounts on certain things, free gifts when you spend so much. They really are pushing for people to continue shopping with them during this time. It's not right.
I think that bile inducing Christmas commercial all about her plus her gaudy packaging and in-store counters was enough to put me off

I think that bile inducing Christmas commercial all about her plus her gaudy packaging and in-store counters was enough to put me off
plus the fact she gifts loads to influencers like Zoella who every year gets the beauty calender and all the new releases.

Reactions: 4
Yes definitely and me too. Her foundations (the Magic Foundation, and more recently the Airbrush Flawless foundation) have been the best that I've tried (apart from my beloved Dior foundation from years ago which was discontinued 💔). I got the Golden Goddess set for Christmas a few years back too which I really loved. Love her lipsticks as well and wanted a few of the Hot Lips 2 ones but £28 for a lipstick?! Slide on! You're paying for the name. Staff get a 70% discount, which makes me think that there's a pretty big mark up on the prices.

I agree about the skincare. I don't get the hype about Wonderglow at all, it doesn't do anything for me! Magic Cream I received as a gift, I enjoy it as I say, but not sure I'd buy in future if it's true about it being a fancier, pricier version of Nivea. Would love to ask you all about good skincare on here, but don't wanna derail the thread!

Would love to ask you all about good skincare on here, but don't wanna derail the thread!
There is a thread here called 'Actually Honest' for all your beauty/skincare needs! It is very good too.

Has Charlotte darrlliiinnnggg been quietly dropped by many influencers? I only base this on seeing that Sali Hughes, formerly a CT cheerleader, hasn't mentioned her in months.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
There is a thread here called 'Actually Honest' for all your beauty/skincare needs! It is very good too.

Has Charlotte darrlliiinnnggg been quietly dropped by many influencers? I only base this on seeing that Sali Hughes, formerly a CT cheerleader, hasn't mentioned her in months.

Will check this out, thank you. New to this thread and it’s been an eye opener. I once bought a CT mascara years ago and thought it was crap if I’m honest so never got another one. Have one of her lipsticks and it’s ok to be fair but not sure I’d buy another as I prefer other brands for that price

I have been wondering this too.

Jane (British Beauty Blogger) skewered the brand in a recent post - it was a refreshing read.

The list of claims on this box! I don’t have words. Well, I do, but there’s a little bit of trickery on the front that just makes me irritated. In large gold writing you can see 93% Younger but just above the word younger on the same dimension line as 93% it says ‘agree skin looks’ which is a completely different thing to a consumer’s initial perception. I just think if you need to use sleight of hand on people to get them buying your product that’s not a very good thing.

https://britishbeautyblogger.com/skincare/charlottes-magic-serum-crystal-elixir/

Reactions: 9
Jane (British Beauty Blogger) skewered the brand in a recent post - it was a refreshing read.

The list of claims on this box! I don’t have words. Well, I do, but there’s a little bit of trickery on the front that just makes me irritated. In large gold writing you can see 93% Younger but just above the word younger on the same dimension line as 93% it says ‘agree skin looks’ which is a completely different thing to a consumer’s initial perception. I just think if you need to use sleight of hand on people to get them buying your product that’s not a very good thing.

https://britishbeautyblogger.com/skincare/charlottes-magic-serum-crystal-elixir/
Oh goodness! She certainly wasn’t pulling any punches. Thanks for sharing this! Not often you see a CT review that isn’t sycophantic.

I have only discovered this thread and not read though yet (but definitely will!) so apologies if this has already been mentioned but what pisses me off this that none of the gurus I have watched (FleurDeForce and Amelia Liana) have mentioned the abuse the staff receive. It makes me wonder if it’s because of all the freebies they get? Also I don’t think the make up is really all that. For clarity I have only tried one product, it was that long, thin, gold eyeshadow pallet with 4 looks. The case feels cheap and doesn’t close properly and I think ten shadows are honestly kind of crap. For £60
I am hugely disappointed with it as it was so hyped up.

Never understood why people loved Maybelline great lash, it did nothing for me
It’s funny you say that, I never tried that mascara until now due to the pandemic. I picked one up whilst doing my food shopping and I have to say is absolutely poo. You have to put 3 coats on for it to do anything!