Charlotte Tilbury and friends behaving badly - reports of abuse from employees, sadly!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The daahling thing is interesting. I modelled for a bit as a teen and she was just starting out as a make up artist. She was a bit kooky (first time I saw someone wearing that 90s classic of skirt over trousers) but pretty normal and I don't remember her having a fancy accent. She was fairly quiet.

Interesting how she's flogging her own mega expensive mascara now when allllllll MUAs back then always used Maybelline Great Lash. That and YSL Touche Eclat were in every one's bags.

Reactions: 11
The daahling thing is interesting. I modelled for a bit as a teen and she was just starting out as a make up artist. She was a bit kooky (first time I saw someone wearing that 90s classic of skirt over trousers) but pretty normal and I don't remember her having a fancy accent. She was fairly quiet.

Interesting how she's flogging her own mega expensive mascara now when allllllll MUAs back then always used Maybelline Great Lash. That and YSL Touche Eclat were in every one's bags.
Never understood why people loved Maybelline great lash, it did nothing for me

Reactions: 15
I never found it any good either. I think back then it was a way to signal that you’d been to the States.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
A friend of mine went to work there and left shortly afterwards as she is all about pushing you to the limit to meet the targets, but if you don't reach them there is hell to pay.

Reactions: 6
Unfortunately! Where is the Twitter Women for Women Brigade when you need them? The reviews on the glassdoor site are a good read as well.

Reactions: 8
My god, I've just read some of the reviews on Glassdoor and they make harrowing reading. Companies usually take their culture from those in the most senior positions. A culture of bullying and victimisation can only be perpetuated with the collusion of those with the power to do something about it. If I were Charlotte I'd be ashamed and mortified on reading those reviews as they cast a very unflattering light on the company that bears her name. I have bought some of her products and they are so hit and miss, some are utter crap!

Reactions: 9
I treated myself to a CT lipstick - a nice nude shade because I had seen a You Tuber wearing it and it looked lovely. I'm not a makeup novice so know how to line and apply etc. but it looked horrific! It cracked within 15 minutes, transferred onto everything and left my lips dry and flaky!! Never touched it since and never understood how they justify the prices.
The pillow talk lipstick is fine but the k.i.s.s.i.n.g lipsticks are awful for flaking and cracking.

Reactions: 2
Dammit I like the eyeshadow crayons and the foundation but I’m not buying again based on this thread... I’ll stick to other brands!

Reactions: 4
True to form
that’s just disgraceful. Small businesses have legitimate reason to be concerned but surely she can’t be on the breadline if she looks after her staff? This is selfish for many reasons. Her staff could become very unwell, place an extra burden on the NHS and possibly go on to infect dedicated medical staff who are not invincible and in turn could become incredibly unwell and possibly die. For what? Sales of shoddy overpriced eyeshadow? Madness.

The pandemic will change our priorities and people will shift perspective and be slightly disgusted by this sort of behaviour. Honestly I hope people boycott because she’s a nasty piece of work and ought not have the unsafe influence she has.

I'm shocked to see the contents of this thread re: working there. I had the misfortune of working with a bloke a few years ago who was truly and utterly vile, massive misogynist, tbh horrible horrible bleep. He verbally attacked me at a work night out once & only when I started the formal HR process did I find out he was horrible to other women in the business, and men, just generally a really abusive and troubled man (I suspect he had addiction issues). Oh and there was an unspeakable night out where 2 young men (mid 20s) from the office ended up in his flat to do drugs, and they were both very disturbed by what they saw, but wouldn't say what that was?

I was really, really shocked to see he's now in a senior role at CT as I imagine their HQ is majority women...

Edit: just remembered he was sexually inappropriate to girls, too. I did consider anonymously reporting my concerns to CT as I have a HR contact (from where they wasted my time interviewing me for a role that paid half the market avg lool) but didn't want to re-ignite that tit because he was absolutely deranged during the whole HR thing, I had to take a week WFH because I was actually scared of him approaching me at work! He was emailing me whilst I was WFH and I had to keep forwarding it to HR like please make it stop!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Charlotte Tilbury posted a 44.5pc rise in revenues to £145m last year on the back of its celebrity following. In Britain and Europe, profits edged up by £900,000 to £3.5m while sales passed £100m for the first time.

But how do they treat their employees in a pandemic? Like total tit, it would seem

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Sofia having that top job is sheer nepotism. She really isn't all that imo.

I used to love the Charlotte Tilbury brand, but it's all very OTT now. I always thought they were a very classy brand, but now it's as if they're lowering themselves in trying to be like the self-declared MUAs of IG, where it's all way too many products on the face, far too much highlighter all over the face, the overdrawing of the lips etc.

Every day I've been receiving emails from them, with different offers every single day - discounts on certain things, free gifts when you spend so much. They really are pushing for people to continue shopping with them during this time. It's not right.

JUmping
I read all the stories. Bloody hell 👀

All that "dhaaarling-ing" from Tilbury already had my spidey senses going.
...yeah, I agree, whenever i hear that 'dhaarrling' (ugh). I am a perfect demo for them but could never bring myself to buy anything. And then she did the video with Tati which was cringeful from start to finish, and kinda weirded me out that the comments were so positive about the 'show' she put on. But here we are and I am so glad to have found Tattle :love: (its like a spidey-senses check).

CT products are now on my NOPE list. SO sorry for all the employees rn. Thanks for the thread.

Reactions: 2