Charlotte Jacklin

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What? She would have a body every one else has decided is the one? She literally never talks about her body so I imagine she does all that to sustain what she’s entirely happy with.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The day has come! I’ve unfollowed! She’s so unrelatable to so many now, surely?
I’m just a working class gal from the north and absolutely cannot identify with swanning off to London in a nightie made from Liberty fabric. And the pushing of ads/gifts, which are always so expensive and unrealistic. Will follow here for her escapades in future!
Completely I'm almost certain that Sea quilt coat she's wearing was between 600-800 GBP when she bought it (it's from a previous season, but that's the price of their quilt coats available now). If she didn't get it free/with a #kindlygifted voucher she must be doing very well for herself. Which is fine - but I think she's lost a bit of her USP as she becomes more unrelatable. If that makes sense?

Oops. I’ll re-phrase it. Perhaps if she didn’t spend all her time eating, lying in bed eating and lying in bed watching t.v. and actually walked her dog etc etc . . . I’ll leave it there.

Again, body shaming. It’s the same idea even if you don’t actually write it out. I suggest you remove those posts. People aren’t here for it.

Repetitive, dull content is a valid point, her dress size is absolutely not.

Reactions: 8
Completely I'm almost certain that Sea quilt coat she's wearing was between 600-800 GBP when she bought it (it's from a previous season, but that's the price of their quilt coats available now). If she didn't get it free/with a #kindlygifted voucher she must be doing very well for herself. Which is fine - but I think she's lost a bit of her USP as she becomes more unrelatable. If that makes sense?
Totally makes sense. I love some of the less ‘out there’ things she wears but at £200 for a short raincoat, it’s just not and won’t ever be viable for me. I’ve kinda lost interest because of it, she never seems to do anything or go anywhere that normal people go lol.

Reactions: 2
I think she is better at what she does than most, she has her values and she sticks with them - small businesses, invesment purchasing, a particular aesthetic - I think she’s considered and careful about what she advertises and she does it properly. At root it‘s just pretty, and pretty insubstantial consumerism though. But I guess, why not.

It’s the lying around in bed I can’t get onboard with and the absolutely kip behind the scenes - did you see the state of her hotel room and all those, said expensive, investment purchases screwed up and tumbling out of her suitcase? Revolting way to treat things. My working class values are too strong not to look at that and think, well how hard have you worked for stuff you ball up and chuck about?

And not to knock it, been there and liked it, but how do you make so much of a couple of days in Bristol? Lordy me.

Reactions: 6
I think she is better at what she does than most, she has her values and she sticks with them - small businesses, invesment purchasing, a particular aesthetic - I think she’s considered and careful about what she advertises and she does it properly. At root it‘s just pretty, and pretty insubstantial consumerism though. But I guess, why not.

It’s the lying around in bed I can’t get onboard with and the absolutely kip behind the scenes - did you see the state of her hotel room and all those, said expensive, investment purchases screwed up and tumbling out of her suitcase? Revolting way to treat things. My working class values are too strong not to look at that and think, well how hard have you worked for stuff you ball up and chuck about?

And not to knock it, been there and liked it, but how do you make so much of a couple of days in Bristol? Lordy me.
I think you’ve summed up exactly how I feel. I don’t generally mind her content, I actually quite like the weird ‘Victorian ghost child’ style she has and I do think that compared to many, she does stick by her aesthetic and values.

However, the absolute lack of care she shows for really expensive clothes and belongings is disgusting, and to me just screams she’s absolutely full of privilege and was probably a very spoiled child.

Reactions: 7
I really like Charlotte’s style and think she seems like she would be a nice person. I am finding her increasingly out of touch with what the normal person can afford, which is a shame as I do really like her.
Has she really just completely made over a rented kitchen? Or does she own the house now?

Reactions: 3
How embarrassing for her to be doing a kitchen makeover feature alongside Medina (grillodesigns), who I think is absolutely fantastic at creating inspirational interiors content for renters (and has great personal style and taste). Poor Charlotte's kitchen update is never going to compare.

I actually really like her kitchen, it suits her aesthetic and she's kept it to her niche style. It's not a copy of the usual Instagram/Pinterest interior accounts you see. I like that she's kept it true to herself.

However, it's not renter friendly, IMO. That kinda thing has been done better elsewhere. She must've had permission to make those changes, surely??

I actually really like her kitchen, it suits her aesthetic and she's kept it to her niche style. It's not a copy of the usual Instagram/Pinterest interior accounts you see. I like that she's kept it true to herself.

However, it's not renter friendly, IMO. That kinda thing has been done better elsewhere. She must've had permission to make those changes, surely??
Im pretty sure the house she lives in is owned by one of her relatives, so not a 'normal' landlord/tenant relationship

Reactions: 2
I’m sat laughing over here. She has a cold so has cancelled everything for the coming week and has spent the day dreaming about owning a boat?

• Haha
She just makes me want to hurl. People are struggling financially, it's a really difficult time and she's prancing around eating piped eggs and buying 200 quid coats. How this can be classed as a job is beyond me

Reactions: 5
What does it all mean though? I mean yeah it's all very pretty but so so vapid. Quite sad really.

I don’t understand the constant buying if you don’t actually own any thing except clothes...surely if she can afford designer bags they can afford to save for a house or some sort of investment considering they have a child.
Instagram is full of woman like this.

She's just a bit ridiculous isn't she. Doesn't own a single thing appropriate for a hike? Not a pair of leggings and a baggy top? Gymwear? Flitting about on hiking trails in the Lake District in a no doubt VERY expensive floral dress doesn't make her look fun and quirky, it makes her look stupid.

Reactions: 5
I do think that is beyond daft, yes. She must have got some right looks.

When did hiking become a thing here? It used to just be walking right?

Imagine the scene, walking in the Lakes casually minding your own business .. then you see CJ walking toward you with a dressing gown on 😆

Let's call it what it is.. a nanna dressing gown!!

• Haha