Change of career in 30s

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just here to reignite this thread if possible?

I am feeling similar at the moment like I’m just not doing “enough” with my life and like I could do so much more. I have no idea where to start with changing my career. I want to be on a decent salary and have progressed before I have children later in life.

If anyone has any insight in to these careers it would be helpful?
- Accounting
- Personnel/HR
- Project management
- Banking
- Anything interiors related (what sort of jobs are there in this field??? I absolutely LOVE it)
- Car sales
- Hairdressing/Beauty (self employed)

Fully aware this is the most random list of careers. Any others anyone can think of would be greatly welcome!!
Ex-stockbroker here (not sure if this counts as "banker") - let me know if you're interested in hearing more about it!

It's never too late to switch careers. I've done it and most of my friends have at some point as well.

Oooo, is this based in London? I am south west so have quite high salaries in our area anyway but always thought you had to “get lucky” to earn that sort of money being a PA!
to earn £50-60k you’d be looking at an EA role which is very hands on and involved in all aspects of the business- generally supporting at CEO level with 10+ years experience.

As a 1-2-1 PA working at Director level you‘d be at the £30-40K mark.

Below that you’ve got PAs who support several mid level managers - not senior enough for dedicated support.

Entry level is team secretary.

its a great career, I’ve travelled the world as an EA and as long as youre thick skinned and put the hours in, the rewards are there, particularly in the financial sector. The skills are highly transferable so within reason you can switch industry sectors too.

Not at all. I changed careers in my late 20s (same field but took up a different profession within it that required a further degree) but there were many people on my course who were in their 30s and 40s. You still have a long career ahead of you!

Not old at all!

I'm mid 30s and recently went back to uni to study engineering. I did a degree in my 20s in languages and loved it but didn't realise I wanted to really get into engineering until I hit my early 30s.

I've seen many, many people change career paths.

Reactions: 2
I'm 30 and halfway through a masters in a profession I have been in since 2017. It's totally unrelated to my original degree and my pgce which I also did but then decided teaching wasn't for me. Never too late 😊

Reactions: 2