Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
Josie Gibsons voice goes right through me. Most disgusting accent ever 🤮
If I had that accent I’d do anything in my power to try and chAnge it!

Celeb voices I dislike
Joe Swash
Stacey Dooley
Katie Price
Stacey Soloman
Elizabeth Hurley
Rob Beckett

Celeb Voices I love
Martin Compston
Sean Connery
Alan Shearer
Cheryl Cole
Alex Jones
Morgan Freeman
Have you seen Stacey solomons sisters insta channel? EXACT same voice, weirdly!

• Haha
Reactions: 2

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
I concur with an above poster, Jack Monroe’s voice is unbearable. Nasal, vocal fry and quivering with negative emotions.

Which speaking voices do you like and dislike? I feel bad saying this as someone with an unattractive voice, but:

• Kate Quilton, phlegmy and nasal and exacerbated by her unfortunate northern accent.
Just quoting myself here because I made a mistake. The northern woman with a horrible phlegm nasal voice is Helen Skelton, not Kate Quilton!

Kate Quilton actually has a nice voice! I got the pair of them confused.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Nice
Moira Stewart
Trevor McDonald
Anthony Hopkins

Not
Stacey Dooley
Janet Street Porter
Scarlett Moffat
I totally agree with Joanna page suggestion. I think her accent is emphasized and put on.
Alan Carr’s laugh- so put on
Moira Stewart's voice is so smooth

Love love love Neil Oliver’s voice. Would never tire of listening to that man talk.
I love it too, think he has the best Scottish voice ,especially when he says 'world'

Misbehaving

VIP Member
Celeb voices I dislike
Joe Swash
Stacey Dooley
Katie Price
Stacey Soloman
Elizabeth Hurley
Rob Beckett

Celeb Voices I love
Martin Compston
Sean Connery
Alan Shearer
Cheryl Cole
Alex Jones
Morgan Freeman
Oh my god yes Elizabeth hurley she has the fakest posh accent i have ever heard...
Also something is just off with her generally i can't put my finger on it but she is just unlikeble and she sounds snooty and condescending when she speaks..

So i've come to the conclusion that character and demeanor have an influence on how we perceive someones accent.

Elizabeth taylor one of the most beautiful women to ever live and yet i remember as a child when i heard her speak it was such a disapointment!

The best voice i've ever heard was the late and great john hurt (i'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned before?)
His voice just had such a smooth melodic feel to it in my opinion plus he was a great actor as well.

Also i know she is not that popular but i've always liked Angelina jolie's voice i think she is well spoken and has a slighty deep almost sultry voice..

L3moning

VIP Member
I like Scottish accents on women. The two that immediately come to mind are Karine Polwart and Amy MacDonald.

I also disagree with the very first post in this thread, and I actually quite like Alice Roberts' voice.

With men the accents I like are a bit stranger. Not 100% sure about his speaking voice, but I love Brian Molko's singing voice. US Senator Rand Paul also has a nice voice, but he's a complete nut, so that's the only thing he's got going for him.

Very strong Liverpool accents are annoying (eg Wayne Rooney, Stephen Gerrard). David Beckham's accent annoys me as well.

Reactions: 1
The Hairy Bikers. Was watching them earlier today, just love their voices and accents.

And, as others have said, Matthew McConaghay, and Mark Strong.

Can't think of any women, weirdly enough! Probably just anyone with a warm, friendly Yorkshire or Geordie accent.

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
Grotty:

Stacey Dooley
Gemma Collins
Janet Street-Porter
The chap who narrates Big Brother - not that I’ve ever watched it much - I only tuned in for the “David’s Dead” episode. 🤣
Rochelle Humes
Lorraine
Katie Price
Danny Baker
Alan Carr
Fiona Bruce

Nice:

Joanna Lumley - soothing voice, so relaxing.
Ant and Dec
Matt Baker
Nigel Havers
Joanna David
Emilia Fox
Anne Reid
Huw Edwards
Alastair Stewart

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
I particularly like Joanna Lumleys voice and John Nettles (Midsomer Murders) , both softly spoken

Voices I can't stand are Janet Street Porter, Josie Gibson and Stacey Soloman (she talks as if she has far too many teeth in her gob).
Well!Stacey has got those awful veneers,revolting you find that sometimes after peeps get new teef,especially those ones that glow in the dark.🤣

Wynonna

Chatty Member
Annoying - Natasha Raskin-Sharp, the TV presenter. Her voice just sets my teeth on edge for some reason.

CarrieW24

Chatty Member
Speaking solely on the sound and pitch of the voice, not accents:

I hate any high pitched voices on adults. If you had to answer the phone and the person on the other line says: " hi sweetheart, can you give the phone to your mummy," then there's a good chance I'm going to hate your voice, no matter how famous you are.

One of my least favourite celeb voices is Adam Levine (spelling?) from Maroon 5. I have to turn off the radio when he sings, how did he become lead singer? Justin Timberlake is another one, too high pitched when singing. Michael and Janet Jackson's chronic whisper (when speaking) gives me nightmares.

I like Princess Eugenie's, and James Lock's.

• Haha