Cashless Society

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

This has made my day. Technology is always letting people down. When will the late comers realise cash is King? If you carry cash like you did for many years without issues perfectly fine, this issue wouldn't have been a problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
People should always carry some cash for emergencies, but I'll still primarily use my cards/phone to pay because 99% of the time it's quicker and easier.

Reactions: 1

This has made my day. Technology is always letting people down. When will the late comers realise cash is King? If you carry cash like you did for many years without issues perfectly fine, this issue wouldn't have been a problem.
I couldn't agree more.
---
My partner and I went into a branch of Boots chemist last week. Everything was alright, until my partner came to pay for his items, only to find there were no cashiers, just automated pay points. My partner was so incensed, that he asked to speak to the manageress. When she arrived, she was fairly polite, and they had a perfectly civilised converstion about the issue. She said that some customers had been quite abusive, towards the staff members, because of the absence of human beings serving them.
I managed to chime in with, not everyone wants a cahless society.

I will advocate using cash to the bitter end

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
People should always carry some cash for emergencies, but I'll still primarily use my cards/phone to pay because 99% of the time it's quicker and easier.
Can’t say I’ve noticed it being quicker when you are stuck behind someone who can’t get it to work

Reactions: 4
Can’t say I’ve noticed it being quicker when you are stuck behind someone who can’t get it to work
If hovering a phone or card over a contactless reader is too much for them, I question if they should be out unsupervised. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've had a bit of an overwheming day, regarding the cashless society being forced upon us. Nothing spectacular, or dramatic - infact it was quite subtle.
First incident was when a bus driver wanted to look at my card. I don't have a card, I paid by cash, for a paper ticket. He just assumed that I had a bus card!
Second incident was when I was purchasing a dvd from a well known High Street store. I went to the cash desk, and handed the cashier a £10 note. He looked a little taken aback, because he had pushed the card machine in front of me, expecting me to pay by card.
I hate to sound like a broken record, but not all of us want to live in a cashless society. Some of us would like to be given the choice of paying by cash or card.

Reactions: 6