Cash Carraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree about the latest stuff not tallying, I'm only picking up your sentence about her not being in a refuge for some time before moving into her current place. Her having been in a refuge when the roof famously fell down is one thing that does seem to be true because it's been backed by other people.

Reactions: 1
I didn't mean to sound so dismissive of whatever awful experiences she has been through. Domestic violence is not something to be flippant about and certainly I would hope is not something anyone would ever exaggerate for the sake of 'art'. I just seem to remember her saying she was in private accommodation before moving out of London, but can appreciate that could have all been a result of being made homeless from the refuge when the roof fell in.

Anyway, I'm going to stop even trying to 2nd guess her life! As I said it's her story -who knows what is the truth and what isn't. She herself freely admits to making a lot of it up because she is an 'artist'. I find her a fascinating character but she certainly isn't a truthful one.

Yes Mother Pukka, or Anna Whitehouse to use her real name, has direct links with them all, in person I think. She also has links with Dani who is AlrightBabs, DrytheRain, Ultimate Girl Gang, Heidi Corbs and Laura Hesketh. Remember when there was all that stuff between MOD and Laura Hesketh? Mother Pukka and Laura Hesketh were friendly at the time and still are, they comment on each other's instagram pages.
She was also campaigning with the best friend of the Cult of Youth designer at the same time that mod launched her range and there were claims that mod had ripped off the designs. I didn’t think they were that similar actually ??‍♀ Are the posts about the collab she did with Ness Lyons still on the mother pukka page or did they disappear when she was hacked? ?

Last edited by a moderator:
She was also campaigning with the best friend of the Cult of Youth designer at the same time that mod launched her range and there were claims that mod had ripped off the designs. I didn’t think they were that similar actually ??‍♀ Are the posts about the collab she did with Ness Lyons still on the mother pukka page or did they disappear when she was hacked? ?
Mother Pukka got hacked? Is Ness Lyons still about? The plot thickens

How come you edited "meetings she went to with Ness Lyons" to "collab"? I don't think it could strictly be called a collab as I don't think Ness is an influencer! As Alice said she's a lawyer I think. All I know is that she wrote a piece and was answering questions about flexible working on MotherPukka's instagram and was very helpful to my friend who asked her for advice.

Who was hacked, Mother Pukka? And what's this about MOD and Cult of Youth falling out?! I knew of MOD's jewellery design but I unfollowed her and a lot of other instamum people a little while ago so don't know all the latest goss.

I'm not sure they have fallen out as such - were they friends to begin with? I don't know. Anyway, one pair of earrings designed by Mod looked quite similar to a pair designed by COY. Became a massive brouhaha on their pages (mainly their followers bitching at each other). Mod subsequently withdrew said earrings but claimed she'd never intentionally copied the design.

I don't 'follow' any of these people on Instagram but just can't help myself looking at their pages on a daily basis! It's a bit like some reality TV - you know it's bloody awful but just can't help but watch to see where the next drama is going to unfurl.

Last edited:
Thanks Pinkplonk! I've just had a google and saw a Mumsnet thread about it. Apparently they were friends according to that but who knows. Drama drama!

Another one who’s come over from the MN thread. That blanket message seemed a bit odd though but I was hacked off those threads got deleted. I think that Dry The Rain character was acting as Cash’s lawyer. Either way it’s like watching a rubbish soap opera unfurl.

Reactions: 2
Another one who’s come over from the MN thread. That blanket message seemed a bit odd though but I was hacked off those threads got deleted. I think that Dry The Rain character was acting as Cash’s lawyer. Either way it’s like watching a rubbish soap opera unfurl.
I think that's right - think she is a paralegal. Hope she didn't use the firm's email address without consent!

How come you edited "meetings she went to with Ness Lyons" to "collab"?
Nothing sinister... I had remembered it as a meeting but then googled after I posted and found in an internet archive the article she wrote for Mother Pukka, so it seemed better described as a collaboration than meetings. It comes up on a website called Feedspot.

Mother Pukka said her instagram page had been hacked and some ads had been deleted (it's on her post on Oct 18 if you are interested). The COY thing was a storm in a teacup. Someone on the mumsnet threads seemed very keen to point out how similar they looked. I didn't think they were but instagram loves a drama.

reading some previous MN threads it does seem some folk like the create a drama out of nothing, like you said storm in a teacup and all that.

So Mother Pukka was mates with this Ness woman or she was working on her flex appeal campaign? And what was the connection between Cookie and Cash? In those horrible stories Cash said they were friends, maybe they worked together as writers?

There was some good discussion around ad transparency on the MN threads. It wasn’t all drama and bitchiness as Instagram and its fawning followers seem keen to portray. As much as I can’t stand the usual crowd UGG, MOD, MP, FOD, DLAM, that other Clemmie who everyone confuses with MOD, it’s the ones who protest too much that are worse in my eyes. Cash saying “I am NOT an influencer” at every turn when she clearly is, Heidi Corbs and Dry The Drain hen pecking and destroying anyone who dares mention Cash’s lies (or who simply come from a middle class background.) That Ness woman’s TIT account was fairly funny until Cash flew off the handle. It had taken down many influencers before Cash including UGG and Cash was the one who couldn’t handle it. It’s a shame because Instagram needed something like that to satirise the madness of it all. Cash hauling anyone who commented or liked that La Redoute rug post over the coals was like a child chucking toys out of the pram. No one else satirised on that TIT account kicked up a fuss. It was satire.

I think that's right - think she is a paralegal. Hope she didn't use the firm's email address without consent!
Yes can you imagine? Does anyone know where Dry The Rain works?

Last edited:
I felt like TIT filled a hole that needed filling, a satirical look at the influencers and their followers, so I thought it was a shame it took the turn it did.

That's probably why I like it on Tattle though now, because here people are allowed to be humorous and critical. Gossip is what it does. If someone comes on and tells people to be nice the mods will even tell them to get lost, which would never happen on mumsnet because the influencers and MN were in each others pockets.

So Mother Pukka was mates with this Ness woman or she was working on her flex appeal campaign? And what was the connection between Cookie and Cash? In those horrible stories Cash said they were friends, maybe they worked together as writers?
I think Mother Pukka collaborated on some writing with Ness, and also was in discussions have Cash and Cookie write for her too. No idea whether Ness, Cookie and Cash knew each other. Cash and Cookie seemed to. Did someone say Cookie was a Channel Mum?? Now my brain is boggling at that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cash and Cookie were supposedly close friends. I remember Cookie defending Cash on her stories. Cash claimed that MP threw Cookie under a bus after she w rote a piece on working poverty. MP offered Cash a platform to speak after Cash claimed that the Instamums all came from privileged backgrounds and weren't speaking for the working class women like her. CC rejected this offer, snubbing it and saying she wanted her own platform rather than a borrowed one. When the proverbial bit the fan Cash was extremely nasty about Cookie, making fun of her writing ca lling her a liar and fantacist.
I like MP, people claim that she wants to keep sweet with everyone, but remember that IG is her business platform. She needs to keep it professional, not kick off a la Katie Hopkins style. She is also vastly aware of her own privilege which sets her apart from her IG counterparts.

Reactions: 3
I felt like TIT filled a hole that needed filling, a satirical look at the influencers and their followers, so I thought it was a shame it took the turn it did.

That's probably why I like it on Tattle though now, because here people are allowed to be humorous and critical. Gossip is what it does. If someone comes on and tells people to be nice the mods will even tell them to get lost, which would never happen on mumsnet because the influencers and MN were in each others pockets.

I think Mother Pukka collaborated on some writing with Ness, and also was in discussions have Cash and Cookie write for her too. No idea whether Ness, Cookie and Cash knew each other. Cash and Cookie seemed to. Did someone say Cookie was a Channel Mum?? Now my brain is boggling at that.
Totally agree. TIT should have continued. It ripped into all influencers and was funny. It was well written. If it was that Ness Lyons woman, she should have continued beyond Cash’s screams of ‘bully’. Satire is not bullying; The Influencer Trainer would have grown beyond all those it was satirising IMO. But as always Cash can’t take the criticism. Even more so than MOD and her adoring followers. Which says a lot.

Cash and Cookie were supposedly close friends. I remember Cookie defending Cash on her stories. Cash claimed that MP threw Cookie under a bus after she w rote a piece on working poverty. MP offered Cash a platform to speak after Cash claimed that the Instamums all came from privileged backgrounds and weren't speaking for the working class women like her. CC rejected this offer, snubbing it and saying she wanted her own platform rather than a borrowed one. When the proverbial bit the fan Cash was extremely nasty about Cookie, making fun of her writing ca lling her a liar and fantacist.
I like MP, people claim that she wants to keep sweet with everyone, but remember that IG is her business platform. She needs to keep it professional, not kick off a la Katie Hopkins style. She is also vastly aware of her own privilege which sets her apart from her IG counterparts.
I’m not a huge MP fan but I think she does better than the others TBH. She keeps it professional and I remember Cash ripping into her on insta stories, saying her flexible working campaign was not inclusive. MP initially offered Cookie a platform to speak up about zero hours and she did it but then pulled out because Cash told her to. I had a few DMs with Cookie then and really like her. Then she offered Cash a platform and she refused and went on an instamum rampage calling MOD “the Harvey Weinstein of Instagram”. I think it was the same with Ness Lyons, MP was adding a legal voice to the campaign as far as I could see. The legal column was useful. Cash creating a dramatic Harvey Weinstein class divide for ‘content’ was/is not.

Last edited:
TIT sorted out the ones who could laugh at themselves anyway :rolleyes:

What did Cookie work as? She changed jobs and seemed to be working in a school?
Yes I think she had a term time job. I hope she didn't turn down opportunities because she was worried about what other people would think. That would be a waste. She didn't do herself any favours though with the TIT thing by disappearing as she did. It was all a bit melodramatic with cash claiming she had broken her heart and Cookie saying her life had been ruined. It's instagram FFS.

TIT sorted out the ones who could laugh at themselves anyway :rolleyes:

Yes, you didn’t see UGG slating everyone who liked the TIT post where she was satirised. It was only Cash. Cash can’t laugh at herself and she lacks basic empathy. She curates her comments on her feed to ensure its simple fawning. Even MoD doesn’t go that far.

Yes I think she had a term time job. I hope she didn't turn down opportunities because she was worried about what other people would think. That would be a waste. She didn't do herself any favours though with the TIT thing by disappearing as she did. It was all a bit melodramatic with cash claiming she had broken her heart and Cookie saying her life had been ruined. It's instagram FFS.
But y’know Instagram is real, raw and honest. It’s real life to some. A world of crisp White Company linen and I’m Not A Tory postcards bought by the instamum elite in an attempt to look woke.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.