Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
Carrie’s Acting Through Song Workshop/Ramble through the Les Mis Glory Days or EIGHT full pages of hastily thrown together ‘insights’ snatched at speed from the internet and other people’s workshop ideas.

7pm
Welcome. Overwhelmed, honoured, yada yada, plunged into happiness to see you all (to see £2500 in my Disney fund) love you all, means a lot (lots of new Disney LoungeFly bags to make up for that hideous Coach one) definitely going to cry, humbled, can’t believe... (I’m getting away with this) etc etc
For those who don’t know me let me take a hot second to tell you a teensy bit about me and my multifaceted ILLUSTRIOUS career in the INDUSTRY both theatre AND book AND serious plays AND YouTube AND podcasts and radio and trying to outdo my famous sibling from a small child to this very moment*

*only time for part one of 4 on the above as there’s just SO MUCH CV to get through. Parts two to four will be recanted at length in my overwhelmingly exciting three bonus MASTERCLASSES coming soon at the bargain price of just £25 each or £135 for all three! Say this last part super fast. Smile reassuringly. I’m worth it.
My time on Les Mis. Watch my YouTube videos where I tell you about every last bit of my time including every last fart and which trouser leg it travelled down. Buy more masterclasses for EXTRA content: hear me talk in instalments numbers 2 to 24601 about my favouritist show ever. Add in funny story involving Rob Houchen and accidentally forcibly French kissing him to distract them from the ATS bit.
Read the lyrics of On My Own. Read the lyrics of On My Own in a French accent. Read out the notes the director gave me. Read the notes the director gave me in a French accent. Shout Sacre Bleu!
Look ‘poor’ but with a ‘boss bitch vibe and underlying vulnerability’
Look ‘alone’* (remember that’s the one where you stare into middle distance and scrunch your nose NOT the one where your stare into middle distance and curl your top lip. Inspo soy latte currently mouldering away on your desk since last Tuesday NOT thoughts of anyone travelling EPCOT World Showcase the WRONG WAY FFS )
REMEMBER IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!
It’s ALL about the INTENTION.
7.45 Edgar you naughty ball of fur how did you get out? (Thank Christ you’re here. I was running out of things to say about INTENTION) Fur, cute, soulmate, mention the unique loud purr, the unique way he sits on my lap, the unique way he runs to me when I get home at dinner time)
Throw open questions to *my* students (cash cows/hopefuls/stalkers)
Gentle reminder I’ll do my best to answer as many questions as I can in the very limited time. Sad face emoji face. But first the most important piece of advice I can give is: the best way to walk round EPCOT World Showcase is anti clockwise otherwise the day is FUCKING RUINED.
Pretend I can’t hear anyone. Apologise. Sad face emoji face. Hand to heart. Prayer hands. Cut the needy emotional sponges off.
GIN

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

Hurrem

VIP Member
C'mon, someone posting videos of making out with their partner and photos of their asscrack is not classless? 😂😂

Can I sincerely ask what is classless if this isn't?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Hi fully qualified teacher here👋🏽
Hosting a lesson over zoom, does not make you a teacher, two years of assessments and hard work makes you a teacher…

there are a bunch of safety concerns here, you need a full background check, DBS, possibly parental consent 1 to 1, and also the actual ability to teach!! which i’m afraid, carrie definitely does not have! Asking for so much money, for something you have never done before, gives me major ick! 🚩
I’m a qualified instrumental music teacher and over lockdowns, taught up to 40 lessons a week on zoom. I had to have numerous DBS, and safeguarding training, not to mention permission from parents and a note saying that they would be in the room while the lesson took place. There were also rules about where the lesson could take place (not their bedroom for example) and they had to wear their school uniform to avoid the risk of students rocking up to the lesson in their pyjamas!!
It makes me so mad that she thinks she can just give lessons when she needs some extra cash while also pulling a fee out of her ass - £45 for 30mins is outrageous!!! I went to one of the best music schools in the country for postgraduate studies and the teachers there earn about £60/hour - and these are internationally renowned teachers who have spent decades studying their instrument. As a fully qualified teacher myself, I charge at the most £45/hour and she’s getting double that.
The absolute CHEEK of her to prey on young people like this - and what, because she realised she could make an easy buck from it.

• Angry
Reactions: 38

GrilledCheese

VIP Member
Her next book will be about a girl falling for someone who isn't perfect or attractive but he becomes perfect to her 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37

Poothe

VIP Member
Waiting for Carrie to post about Joel being the best man in world in 3…2….1….
B3C3022C-44CE-4ABC-8714-D8F10C7F52FE.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

mushkala

Chatty Member
Having definitely been more of a Carrie than I have ever been an Alessia.... I can't even begin to imagine how much it must sting to see Oli behaving this way about his new beau. Even in a new relationship (let's say with someone less irritating than Joel who you actually loved) - there would still be a part of you questioning why they had ever been with you in the first place, when the new girlfriend looks so, so different to you. It would have to knock your confidence - regardless of whether you were with someone new or not. I (personally) don't find Oli or Alessia particularly hot, but I can appreciate they are conventionally attractive. She does give off standard attractive girl vibes; pretty boring as people have always been nice to her as she's pretty.

I do find it a bit jarring the way people say Oli is so classy with his posts though - it's not a competition, and broadly speaking Oli posts fuck all. I don't know why it makes him classy, it just means he doesn't use social media so much. Not that Carrie's use of it is right or great - but I don't find Oli's 'classy' by comparison 🤷🏼‍♀️
Pretty sure Carrie is the one making it a competition lol
And yes, it is classy to post subtle and tasteful photos to debut a new partner, rather than graphic TW needed makeout videos and asscrack shots and oversharing the exact date you got together and the date you had your first shag. I think the reason people are calling him classy is because in comparison to Joel and Carrie, he is the pinnacle of elegance. Without the comparison, Oliver really is just being a normal human

• Heart
  • Haha

talkinghead

i can’t believe he surprised her for her 30th birthday ON THE TUBE. if my partner surprised me with something on the tube i’d be fuming! tell me at home so i can properly thank you instead of sitting there awkwardly! NOT EVEN NEXT TO EACHOTHER ACROSS FROM EACH OTHER???!

• Sick

awkwardjellyfish

His sister also commented on his post ‘I love to see my brother happy’! I always got the impression Carrie didn’t see much of his family as he always seemed to go up to visit them on his own.
I have some actual tea on this. They didn’t get on.

From what I know.. his family are very straight talking, to the point, working class northerners. Salt of the earth. Lady Fletcher wasn’t fawned over or treated like a celebrity and she didn’t like it, so from there on made 0 effort with them.

• Wow

awkwardjellyfish

New thread title suggestion (a la School of Rock):

Carrie Hope Fletcher #33: Now may I please have the attention of the class… today‘s assignment: FLASH SOME ASS

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
The thing is I don’t think Joel is a bad person, he just seems … very childlike? Like he has no critical thinking skills. He reminds me of how small children tend to be really narcissistic because they haven’t developed the ability to see anything beyond/outside of themselves.

This post about the queen, his weird post about his friends wedding, the way he kept inserting himself into the Fletcher Disney holiday (to name a few.) And I’ll never forget him swanning about the place during the final Cinderella show, acting like he was part of the cast and signing merch!

His immediate desperation to be joined at the hip to Carrie in every conceivable way. Again, a very immature way to behave in such a new relationship. I’d love to be a fly on the wall for their inevitable first argument or falling out. I’d love to see how Joel the 35 going on 13 year old handles conflict. Probably just puts his fingers in his ears and yells THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK before storming up to his bedroom and slamming the door.

Reactions: 36

Lolly505

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220910-014308_Instagram.jpg

If Carrie's going on holiday at all, it's not a guess - it's a given that it's Disneyland.
Wasn't she just there a couple of months ago? I just cannot fathom having the means to go on holiday and choosing to see almost nothing of the world except the same corporate theme park a dozen times 🙈

Reactions: 35

sun_and_stars

Do we know what the 'process' is for teaching under 18's? Can anyone do it or does there need to be certain criteria met in order to teach legally and safely? Especially in a virtual setting?

Also, I absolutely love how she said "what would make you come specifically to me for a session?" Gee I wonder...
Hi fully qualified teacher here👋🏽
Hosting a lesson over zoom, does not make you a teacher, two years of assessments and hard work makes you a teacher…

there are a bunch of safety concerns here, you need a full background check, DBS, possibly parental consent 1 to 1, and also the actual ability to teach!! which i’m afraid, carrie definitely does not have! Asking for so much money, for something you have never done before, gives me major ick! 🚩

hellodarling

Why do I feel like doing this Brecht play is the only time she has encountered actual theatre theory, like the process of actioning a script, and this is why she is has started the workshops now? Because she finally knows something about theatre

• Haha