Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sixback

Those Sunday Brunch tweets reek of misogyny to me tbh. They're probably sad middle aged people who tune in every week just to hate and denigrate the guests. Totally acceptable to criticise Carrie if you have genuine reason and have followed her career/know her attitudes and shortcomings. But the people on twitter are just like "She's talking too much, she thinks a lot of herself" and they seem affronted that a woman they don't know is confident and successful more than anything else.

Never thought I'd be defending Carrie - but I have very little faith in the viewing public. :LOL: Only WE get to tattle about Carrie, we've put the hours in.

• Haha
Reactions: 37

FakeSmile

VIP Member
This show has been a disaster since the first spray painted ball bag. Covid had nothing to do with it.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

majestic26

VIP Member
Ok so to all the Carrie apologists who think she didn’t know.

Here’s a very interesting article

The interesting bit being that it’s been reported the decision to close was made last Wednesday 25 April

Co incidence?
Don't know how many times it needs to be pointed out but even if she knew, what were people expecting her to do with this information? Her hands will have been tied.

I've mentioned before I think it's most likely that she was given a leaving date which she communicated on social, then on 25th April (if these articles are correct) she was told her leaving date no longer applied, and instructed to wait for further information. I highly doubt she was told the show was closing and kept that to herself. She is the queen of the subtweet, of the meaningful like on Twitter, of the cryptic quote on Instagram stories. She would have given a clue somehow.

• Heart

Hattieliz

I think we’re getting a little peek into ‘Ol Ollie’s lack of character with the absolute silence whilst BOTH of his significant exes are dealing with something rather public. He could easily post some sort of solidarity or acknowledgment of support (not even for them specifically, really) of the situation to show empathy for peers at the very least.
If I was him, I’d stay way out of it. He’s an ex for a reason. I personally don’t think he needs to show support publicly.

Can I also point something else out?
The media team has gone with a post that says " FINAL PERFORMANCE 12 JUNE"

There's no " we are so sorry to disappoint those with tickefs past this date" nothing. Just a completely factual statement, my boyfriend works in Comms and media and he would be shot if he posted something like this that affected a LOT of people without so much as an apology.

Rich old white men make me sick 🤮

There's a whole group of people who have just been made redundant, and whilst WE all hate the snow there'll be plenty of little girls who maybe got tickets as a birthday present who now can't go.
I'm so angry and I think the show sounded shite 🤣

TheUnknownLaura

VIP Member
True, but I watched some of Summer’s live and she said she was in for a wig fitting Thursday. 3 days ago. Why were they stringing people along?! That’s their jobs and lives! Disgusting and vile.
Summer said she gave up two big jobs for this role too and has now lost a years worth of pay!

• Sad
  • Wow

LaBlonde

VIP Member
New cast members had already been hired to begin in July so they have been 'sacked and left with no job'. 'Technically' that may not be the case, but practically it very much is. Summer Strallen, and I'm sure many others, have turned down jobs for this one.

Cast members have already said that it was a bank holiday Sunday, and their agents weren't working, therefore they didn't have any notice. How on earth is that possibly their fault?
exactly - here’s one breakdown from a new cast member:

the show closing isn’t a surprise, it was a mess from day one, but i feel like we can have some empathy for the cast, both old and new. that even includes carrie 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 34

eyeballs

VIP Member
Alw is such a prick I’m glad it failed, but genuinely sad for all the cast and crew. *whispers* even Carrie soz. Sometimes love her, sometimes want to scratch my face off listening to her moan.

Reactions: 33

nb2021

Got to say it- Summer must be regretting the hat choice now she’s headline news 😂

• Haha

Lollypad

VIP Member
Carrie’s likes on Twitter seem perfectly justified to me, the whole theatre community is outraged at how this was handled.

• Heart

vixipixi

Trauma and traumatised are thrown around so easily these days for any time some level of stress has arisen. They are big words and it angers me when people use the for effect and attention to be dramatic.

Maybe it's worse than we are lead to believe, but also some of these cast members were on warnings about their behaviour. And much as i hate to say it, having seen and experienced the increase in entitlement from generally under 25 age group in recent years (also this isn't just me, I've spoken to many with similar storiesl I can also believe they may not be the easiest employees.
🙄 Lovely way to generalise a whole age group!

• Heart

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
Just seen this. What an accolade!! Carrie would be banging on about this for the next three decades if she’d done this - but of course she’d never settle to be just a lowly cover. Only the principle roles are good enough for her!
People like hannah will go far in this industry she works her ass off, the fact she got a normal job during that pandemic unlike carrie, she actually went to drama school, leads the warm ups, doesnt make heathers all about her and make heathers a one woman show like carrie did. Hannah is amazing and i hope more people look up to her and not carrie.

Reactions: 32

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
I can definitely see a lot of the cast, Carrie included, snapping and spilling the tea when all this is over. And I wouldn't blame them. I know this sort of thing happens all the time in theatre but that doesn't mean it should.

Reactions: 31

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I do feel for the cast members. How not for Carrie.

I understand how upsetting it would have been for the new cast who were excited about taking the role and going to the auditions and fittings and turning down other roles, but unfortunately in this industry this can be the risk you take.

I worked on Joseph and the amazing technicolour dream coat and the show closed earlier than expected down to poor ticket sales. We had Gareth Gates as the lead role at the time and unfortunately he didn't bring in the audience as they thought he would. He had bad press at the time and wasn't as famous as he once was. They had not long done a cast change either but it happens.

Shows have been on for one or two performances then closed as they had not done as expected.

We will rock you eventually closed due to poor ticket sales and rather than close with 5 audience members they closed just before it started getting worse. Not every show is as successful as Phantom, Les Mis, Lion King but its apart of the MT world unfortunately and yes it's heartbreaking.
to be fair, i think everyone here knows why shows close, and it’s fairly obvious why this one did. i don’t know that you need a deep understanding of musical theatre to get that.

the point is that, with this one, the message was delivered poorly - on a matinee performance where most of the cast weren’t there and on a sunday bank holiday where most agents weren’t checking their emails and/or messages. it’s confirmed that a significant number found out via social media. equity wouldn’t be going for insurance compensation for distress and you wouldn’t have numerous agents stating they had clients find out by press release if that wasn’t true 🤷🏼‍♀️ that just isn’t okay.

Reactions: 31