Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Can the anti trans stuff be moved to the anti trans thread (aka the gender discussion thread)? Some of us really try to ignore that side of tattle :(

• Sick
Reactions: 69

ShinyEspeon

Chatty Member
Happy Anniversary to the time Carrie posted about the men in her life for International Women’s Day

• Haha
Reactions: 59

Must42

I mean at this point she can’t blame anyone but herself. Even if everyone is lifting restrictions, Covid is still out there. If she doesn’t want to take precautions then is a 100% on her 🤷🏻‍♀️.
View attachment 1118172
Nah you can take every precaution under the sun, but unless you barricade yourself in your house, you can still catch Covid.
Some people are reckless but the new variant is so transmissible, it’s mostly just luck at this point.
It is possible though to have Covid and not post about it social media every 5 minutes. Carrie will not manage that.

Reactions: 46

londongirl2001

VIP Member
She jumps on a bandwagon that to me are always the wrong side of history. I seem to recall her tweeting something or maybe on her Instagram that anyone who supported JK Rowling should unfollow her. Wtaf . She also prattled on endlessly about BLM. It was so aggressive, so embarrassing and so ignorant
Those were actually two instances where I agreed with her :D Being against racism is not on the wrong side of history for me (but I would say that, as a woman of color, right), and being against trans people is something I never got behind either because it's moral panic. So yeah, those two "bandwagons" were actually good ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I see all of her little hatefuls are kicking off because shes not nominated and using the excuse that she's won the WOS award she should be nominated for the olivier.
That's like saying someone deserves an Oscar nomination for Best Actor because they won a Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Award.

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Redfloss

VIP Member
Yeah I don’t really get the Oliver appeal personally he looks like he’s been drawn for a cartoon with the massive jawline.

I more meant he’s taken a rapid swing in type judging by who he suddenly follows
He's always reminded me of the Handsome Squidward meme where he has all the typical handsome features, but actually looks unattractive

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Does anyone find the language choice of "two months into a breakup" interesting? Just on a character study level, not on a gossipy level.

I guess I always think of a "breakup" as being a singular event which has lasting implications on your day-to-day life, whereas Carrie clearly seems to view it as a state of being - until you're with the next person, you're *in* a breakup.

Is it me who is unusual in my experience with that or is it Carrie? Curious what you all think.

Reactions: 38

alethophobia

so courtney bowman was just announced to play elle woods in legally blonde. now that’s what i call caving the way for plus sized (and poc) folks in musicals, not mid sized carrie with her blond hair and brown eyes.

Reactions: 36

RightYouLot

Being supportive of jK is not being transphobic. 🙄and not supporting BLM doesn’t make you racist .
I mean...I would say not supporting BLM does in fact make you racist? You either believe black lives matter or you dont ya know?

In regards to JK i believe you can still like HP without liking JKs stance on trans people. The art can be seperated from the artist.

Reactions: 36
How does she keep making the bows about her (or try to make them about her)? They are about two minutes long, and are incredibly tightly choreographed (look at the way the stage fills and clears and fills and clears again and again, and the dancers' kicks and points are all perfectly in time with BOTH the music and the twinkling lights that pulse and flow across the back wall (and out into the auditorium sides actually). Then she just clumps on and sticks her hands in the air and walks forward, literally 1% of the talent of all the other people on stage dancing at that time.

Miss Fletcher's bows

Lauren Byrne version, not for comparison, just because it's a slightly more front on view so good to see how the dancing is actually really good in this section

Ye olde bows, from before they spiced them up and added the dancing, decent music, and synchronised lights; you can actually see Miss Fletcher strolling on from the wings in the background
How come whenever I hear ANY music from this show, it sounds like one of those horrible computer-generated MIDI orchestra tracks? It just sounds super fake and as if it's being played on old Andrew's dusty Casio keyboard from the 90s with the mayonnaise and coffee stains on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

anon365

Tbf to Carrie, she was damned if she did and damned if she didn't on this one. If she hadn't tweeted or said anything about the supporting actress nom, we'd be slating her for being bitter, but she has and we're slating her for being transparent. She's tried to appear happy for her, so I'll give her this one I think

Reactions: 34

qwerty92

If Oliver posted a picture like that with a female co-star, she’d be fuming. I definitely feel like she’s trying to make him jealous.

Reactions: 33