Candice Brathwaite #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole family including mum and sister were in Barbados just before lockdown. The sudden fallout happened after they got back. I don't think we'll know the reason for that for a while as mum and sister probably signed NDAs - remember her sister was employed as CB's assistant for short time. Mum and sis have addressed various things that CB put in her book and has spoken about.
She's definitely taking swipes at her sister in her stories today.

Wasn't it something to do with how she was raised because her Mom in her video said she tried and best and they never went without?

Either that or Candice has bullshitted on her book to gain sympathy and her family are calling her out on her lies?

I'm sure there was something about her Mom being HIV too?

Reactions: 6
I can't believe the Sunday Times have interviewed this trashy former pimp for the Fame and Fortune profile today - scarping the barrel or what?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I think it’s sad that she told us all along her mum had HIV but never gave her the respect and dignity to explain it was from a medical error and not a sexual encounter. I know either way it isn’t the persons fault how they contract it but it does carry a stigma. If it was my mum I’d show that respect. If it was Candice herself she wouldn’t have left it unexplained!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Tbf CB said many times it was from blood transfusion after an operation, a breast augmentation if I remember correctly.
The argument must have been about money. Specifically Candice’s mum asking her for money. That’s been the focus (respectability politics/paying it back) of all CBs political stories for months.

Reactions: 2
I liked this quote from the Sunday Times interview //My partner and I bought a four-bedroom postwar detached house in Milton Keynes a year ago for just under half a million pounds — you can’t buy anything big enough to swing a cat for that sort of money in London!//

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I can't believe the Sunday Times have interviewed this trashy former pimp for the Fame and Fortune profile today - scarping the barrel or what?
Laziness of the media. They want diversity and see that Candice is in the spotlight right now, assume she's massively popular and so she is featured mainly on that basis and not on merit.

Reactions: 12
Tbf CB said many times it was from blood transfusion after an operation, a breast augmentation if I remember correctly.
The argument must have been about money. Specifically Candice’s mum asking her for money. That’s been the focus (respectability politics/paying it back) of all CBs political stories for months.
Ah ok. I’ve never heard her say that and I have read her book, if I remember correctly it’s not in there

It’s actually making me cringe that all the media/ tv shows now need a black family are using Candice. There are SO many other black families out there!!
Again I will say I love to see black people thriving, but why not be humble, remember where you came from and stop trying to act like you’re royalty and above everyone else!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I liked this quote from the Sunday Times interview //My partner and I bought a four-bedroom postwar detached house in Milton Keynes a year ago for just under half a million pounds — you can’t buy anything big enough to swing a cat for that sort of money in London!//
How the hell did she and her husband manage to get a deposit? From reading her book she implied they weren't far from being broke at the time.

Reactions: 4
When they moved out of London they rented for a while. It’s possible they have a massive mortgage with a small deposit I guess. They had also done a few ads by then. It was around that time they decided to privately educate esme so there must have been some extra coming in

Reactions: 2
From what I remember they did one of their Pillow Talk lives around that time and I believe they said they used the help to buy scheme. It was then they admitted to renting the first MK house as they'd never made it clear and some ppl had assumed (and wondered how) it was bought.

Reactions: 3
Post war? Which one, Iraq?
😂😂😂😂😂

It’s not worth typing out as it’s clearly not true, considering she’s still pretending to live in London if she genuinely had £500k to play with she could have managed to find somewhere here.

On deposits - don’t most new builds do those awful FTB schemes which are basically just to help them flog substandard housing? Like equity loans or part ownership feel a more likely reality.

Reactions: 7
The ego of this woman is staggering. Calling herself a writer (did she write her book without help? I doubt it) and wanting to be the next Oprah. The piece of broccoli I've just eaten has more talent than her.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oprah has got so far because she's likeable and she has charisma, candice couldn't be further away from Oprah.

Reactions: 7
The thing that infuriates me is these influencers videoing in the gym with all these people around. God help her if I end up on her stories considering it’s the same one

Reactions: 11
I was genuinely perplexed by this quote

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
She lives in a bleeping new build, not only that the whole estate is newly built so what does she mean postwar?! Like they’ve managed to build on top of an old trench or something 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She lives in a bleeping new build, not only that the whole estate is newly built so what does she mean postwar?! Like they’ve managed to build on top of an old trench or something 😂😂
Postwar to me means 1950s/1960s😫

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think she’s trying to imply she’s got a like for like property with a nice London one? I’m not an expert but I’ve always thought property here tends to be Victorian (mega £), post war (middle), or new build out in zone 50 (cheap tit usually).

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.