Candice Brathwaite #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I said at the beginning of the thread that I thought she would be another Cash Carraway, and look how similar they are now. I'm not sure if that means I manifested it or not? 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My sister and I have very differing views about our childhoods and how our parents parented us...hers a lot more negative than mine. However, it was only when she started therapy that the tit really hit the fan and this torrent of hatred and anger rained down on all of us. In my eyes therapy, rather than helping people work through their issues, can instead be very 'enabling' - Giving total credence to their own point of view so that everyone else's becomes completely negated. I wonder when candice started therapy, because her behaviours feels very familiar to me.

Reactions: 19
I feel like since her sister put that post on Candice has been extra extra smug and extra extra show offy!
As if to rub it in their face and say you can’t get to me

Reactions: 11
My sister and I have very differing views about our childhoods and how our parents parented us...hers a lot more negative than mine. However, it was only when she started therapy that the tit really hit the fan and this torrent of hatred and anger rained down on all of us. In my eyes therapy, rather than helping people work through their issues, can instead be very 'enabling' - Giving total credence to their own point of view so that everyone else's becomes completely negated. I wonder when candice started therapy, because her behaviours feels very familiar to me.
That’s so interesting. And a therapist isn’t going to know someone is necessarily delusional about their childhood.

One of my parents and their siblings had a legit awful childhood at the hands of their mother (my gran) and guess what we are all doing? Rallying around to look after her now she has dementia. I’m not saying you have to be a doormat and none of us are under any delusions as to the sort of woman she was/is. There’s just a way of dealing with these things. And Candice ain’t it.

I think the mom's video has gone? 🤔Candice must have masifested it away.
Still on YouTube Danielle Brathwaite account

Reactions: 4
Wonder why Danielle took down the post on Instagram but put it on YouTube.

Reactions: 1
Something has always struck me as so off about Candice. I’m sort of stuck between loving seeing a black woman thriving in a predominantly white market and desperately wanting to see her do well, but also between this gut feeling that she actually isn’t a good person at all. That the things she so readily judges others for and rightly so (racism, bullying, elitism) she is continuously guilty of herself. From her relationship with her Mother, her Sister, even what seems a rather volatile and sometimes even resentful relationship with her young daughter Esme (which she yet again puts down to being someone elses fault, in this case her mothers and a traumatic birth). There never seems to be any accountability on her behalf. Never. If someone doesnt like her, it must be because she’s black. If she lashes out at people, its because she’s dealing with trauma caused by others. If others are dealing with trauma themselves they’re beneath her, jealous and need to keep the f**k out of her way. Its hard to support someone who seems hell bent on tearing others down with a smug smile on her face. She’s like the kid at school who’s finally been invited to the ‘mean girls’ table and after years of hating them and saying how awful they are, turns out she’s just as much a narcissistic bully as they are 🙄 fucks sake!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Something has always struck me as so off about Candice. I’m sort of stuck between loving seeing a black woman thriving in a predominantly white market and desperately wanting to see her do well, but also between this gut feeling that she actually isn’t a good person at all. That the things she so readily judges others for and rightly so (racism, bullying, elitism) she is continuously guilty of herself. From her relationship with her Mother, her Sister, even what seems a rather volatile and sometimes even resentful relationship with her young daughter Esme (which she yet again puts down to being someone elses fault, in this case her mothers and a traumatic birth). There never seems to be any accountability on her behalf. Never. If someone doesnt like her, it must be because she’s black. If she lashes out at people, its because she’s dealing with trauma caused by others. If others are dealing with trauma themselves they’re beneath her, jealous and need to keep the f**k out of her way. Its hard to support someone who seems hell bent on tearing others down with a smug smile on her face. She’s like the kid at school who’s finally been invited to the ‘mean girls’ table and after years of hating them and saying how awful they are, turns out she’s just as much a narcissistic bully as they are 🙄 fucks sake!
I totally agree with this, the one thing I love is seeing a black woman thriving, I wouldn't want to take that away from her (or her family) at all. I said at the beginning she reminded me of Cash Carr away; the same bitter.chip on her shoulder that was everyone's fault but hers. Cash too didn't care who she dragged through the mud (Cookie Kibble anyone?) to get what she wanted and constantly made threats to those who she perceived as trying to steal her limelight.

What’s the thing with the daughter I’ve missed that?

What’s the thing with the daughter I’ve missed that?
I haven't followed her in years so struggle to remember but various instances gave that impression. From her saying she didnt bond with Esme due to the trauma of her birth (this i totally understand) however it then bled into subtle digs about how difficult her daughter was in contrast to the constant praise she showered on her son... Then saying she’d been losing it at the kids and Papa B had to intervene and force her to leave the house to calm down (again she turned that into a self promotional opportunity for people to praise how she was taking time out for herself rather than take ownership for losing her tit over nothing)... Then saying she is working with a therapist to break the cycle of trauma in which a black mother resents her daughter for having more freedom and less burden. A cycle which she feels she is/was continuing (however uses this yet again to focus on her own victimisation and self praise instead of taking true accountability for her behaviour to Esme)... Combine that with her grandiose delusions about herself, self entitlement and holier than thou attitude towards others including her own family (sister, mother, step mother, step siblings) and at this point I’ve lost pity for her and I’m thinking the reality is she’s just a classic case of a narcissistic personality disorder and a woman who praises qualities in herself that she resents in her daughter and in others.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I haven't followed her in years so struggle to remember but various instances gave that impression. From her saying she didnt bond with Esme due to the trauma of her birth (this i totally understand) however it then bled into subtle digs about how difficult her daughter was in contrast to the constant praise she showered on her son... Then saying she’d been losing it at the kids and Papa B had to intervene and force her to leave the house to calm down (again she turned that into a self promotional opportunity for people to praise how she was taking time out for herself rather than take ownership for losing her tit over nothing)... Then saying she is working with a therapist to break the cycle of trauma in which a black mother resents her daughter for having more freedom and less burden. A cycle which she feels she is/was continuing (however uses this yet again to focus on her own victimisation and self praise instead of taking true accountability for her behaviour to Esme)... Combine that with her grandiose delusions about herself, self entitlement and holier than thou attitude towards others including her own family (sister, mother, step mother, step siblings) and at this point I’ve lost pity for her and I’m thinking the reality is she’s just a classic case of a narcissistic personality disorder and a woman who praises qualities in herself that she resents in her daughter and in others.
So she recognises a cycle of behaviour in a mother/daughter relationship that she needs to seek help for yet can’t cut her mother some slack? She’s a grade A bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So she recognises a cycle of behaviour in a mother/daughter relationship that she needs to seek help for yet can’t cut her mother some slack? She’s a grade A bleep.
Yeh exactly; if she’s as much of a victim in that scenario as her daughter is. Then surely her mother was as much of a victim as she was?!
So far, so narcissistic.

I too am so so so torn between loving seeing a black woman thriving and feeling annoyed at how narcissistic and money grabbing she is

Reactions: 8
Her problem is she's an absolute bleep and if anyone questions her behaviour, they are racist, if anyone says anything slightly critical or what she sees as negative, then they are racist.

She knows that people are scared of being labeled racist and will back down and she throws that around like no one's business.

There are plenty more black woman who are breaking these barriers without alienating everyone else and behave a lot nicer than she does.

She never owns her own crappy behaviour and lays the blame at everyone else's door. She thinks she perfect.

Absolute toad she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Woah I’ve missed so much since I last read here! Why did she fall out with her sister in the first place weren’t they just in New York together before lockdown?

Woah I’ve missed so much since I last read here! Why did she fall out with her sister in the first place weren’t they just in New York together before lockdown?
I don’t think anyone knows the reason?

Reactions: 2
The whole family including mum and sister were in Barbados just before lockdown. The sudden fallout happened after they got back. I don't think we'll know the reason for that for a while as mum and sister probably signed NDAs - remember her sister was employed as CB's assistant for short time. Mum and sis have addressed various things that CB put in her book and has spoken about.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.