Candice Brathwaite #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had no idea that Instagram and a first book deal could generate so much income so quickly. Or am I missing something?
I personally think she’s fronting, her book deal wouldn’t be that big and there’s lots of people who take their cut of any profit, and while ADs pay well are we talking enough to have such a lifestyle change? Again, there’s overheads and a mortgage... Maybe I’m wrong. Just seems too good to be true so it probably is? A bit like those girls who sell Younique or whatever who post pictures of their new car or whatever that shilling some make up helped them get - leaving out it’s on finance and ludicrously expensive. It’s an image.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She’s done quite a bit of tv and photo shoots and i think she’s working with Grazia now too. Loads of ads and Papa b is also doing ads. Although I think a lot is fronting too I think they are doing well. I think Candice will demand a high fee also as there’s a big thing that black ppl don’t get paid as much for work/ads so she will be putting a stop to that! (Rightly so!)

Reactions: 4
Yeah I do think she’ll be absolutely hoovering up brand deals, a lot of black creatives have shared about brands scrambling to work with them now and how it’s crappy as it’s just box ticking & not really doing the work as their boards / senior management teams are all still white blokes. But clearly they are looking to work with more BAME mamas and I think CB is the most established in that set?

Also ltd companies allow for more efficient withdrawal of any income. They’ll both be able to take minimum wage at standard PAYE rates then dividends at far more tax efficient rates, as well as allowable expenses for items used for business purposes - so travel, computers, clothes, cameras, etc. And remembering she’s in MK so mortgage will probably only be a couple of hundred quid a month if that 🤷🏻‍♀️ So a decent lifestyle business tbh!

Reactions: 4
Who *has to* change a kettle *at least* once a year!?? So wasteful!
🙄🙄
My kettle doesn't even switch itself off anymore and I've still not replaced it. Gonna manifest myself one. I could pop to asda and just buy one but manifesting is better 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The @declutterdollies account said she’s going round to her gaff to declutter her clothes.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
There are some stories up on her account now of Candice sorting out her cosmetic swag.

Reactions: 1
Yeah I do think she’ll be absolutely hoovering up brand deals, a lot of black creatives have shared about brands scrambling to work with them now and how it’s crappy as it’s just box ticking & not really doing the work as their boards / senior management teams are all still white blokes. But clearly they are looking to work with more BAME mamas and I think CB is the most established in that set?

Also ltd companies allow for more efficient withdrawal of any income. They’ll both be able to take minimum wage at standard PAYE rates then dividends at far more tax efficient rates, as well as allowable expenses for items used for business purposes - so travel, computers, clothes, cameras, etc. And remembering she’s in MK so mortgage will probably only be a couple of hundred quid a month if that 🤷🏻‍♀️ So a decent lifestyle business tbh!
MK is loads cheaper than Central London, but would still tit up most of the folks living north of the Watford gap 😂

Reactions: 1

MK or not, their mortgage is not going to be ‘a couple of hundred quid a month’, they don’t give houses away outside of London.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The amount of stuff she has in those under bed makeup drawers is vulgar! A few days ago she was talking about sustainability (after talking about how they get a new kettle at least once a year) 🙄🙄🙄
It’s just so greedy and so wasteful

• Wow
Reactions: 5
OMG you need to see CB's sister's stories - she's not happy with her mother/ daughter post
“Grief stricken” when she found out she had a daughter?! Isn’t this girl of secondary age so likely can read it / has peers that can read this? Ffs why can these floggers of children not behave!

Reactions: 6
Finally!!! Finally please God let this be the beginning of the end of this charlatan and pimp. Very telling that her own sister calls her a devil. Candice is so busy trying to fake her history for her new book, trying hard to write like amazing black women out there who write about actual trauma, that she's totally fabricated the past. Her sister says Candice lies because she never expects her family to respond. I believe her sister 100%. As a woman of colour I'm sick of pimp Candy manipulating the truth and riding to millionaire status off the back of blm and actual black trauma.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
OMG you need to see CB's sister's stories - she's not happy with her mother/ daughter post
I’ve just read CB’s original post and I’m struggling to work out what she’s actually on about. It’s a word salad worthy of Father Of Daughter’s. She manages to waffle on and up her word count without actually saying anything. I did enjoy the first paragraph where she humble brags that she’s winning at therapy though. Is there nothing our Candi can’t excel at?
I also believe her sister. As @Basicbasic says, CB just rewrites her history whenever it suits. I look forward to other people seeing through her. Also interesting to see that she’s limited comments on her posts. While that means no one can publicly question her narrative, it can’t be good for engagement purposes, surely?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
6 months ago she was holidaying with her sister, 9 months ago they were in new York... Now they don't talk... Reckon candice got money and decided her family didn't fit her image.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
One of the reasons I stopped following her was due to how she pushes a narrative of how black people live their lives. She must have a mostly white following and it is annoying for a black woman describe her lived or perceived experience as if it was for the majority. As if no other races experience issues with their family.

Reactions: 15
Said it all along, the only person she cares about is herself and her sisters stories tonight prove it. Good for her sister, this tea has long needed spilled. Candice is exploiting serious and worthy causes for her own personal gain... she doesn’t give a duck about any of it, she only cares about herself and money.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.