Candice Brathwaite #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t follow CB and don’t know much about her but had to jump on here as something has really pissed me off.
My friend read her book and was telling me about part of it, the bit where she had an abscess in her section wound and was really poorly. We were both saying how awful it was especially given the fact that black women are more likely to die than anyone else in pregnancy. Then she mentioned that she chose not to go to her appointments and made out that the midwives were “summoning” her to something unnecessary. Ffs. Has she no self awareness whatsoever? You can absolutely complain about treatment that was substandard however don’t then bleeping say that healthcare professionals trying to keep you and your baby safe is being “summoned”.
What does everyone else think?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
I haven't read the book (and don't intend to) but if that is the case it just seems like her classic way of reinventing the truth. She said in an interview that she felt not listened to and that was why she had the complications, but if she chose not to attend appointments then she is only to blame.

Reactions: 7
I think the two are unrelated. She almost died of sepsis cos she wasn’t listened to over and over again when she knew she was very unwell.

Some women don’t attend any scans or appointments, some don’t like them or feel they are necessary, it’s a preference. Not one I would ever have but it’s each woman’s choice.

In the western world giving birth is so medical, different cultures have different practices. Not saying it was a cultural decision but there are woman all over the world that don’t attend appointments.

Reactions: 3
I think the two are unrelated. She almost died of sepsis cos she wasn’t listened to over and over again when she knew she was very unwell.

Some women don’t attend any scans or appointments, some don’t like them or feel they are necessary, it’s a preference. Not one I would ever have but it’s each woman’s choice.

In the western world giving birth is so medical, different cultures have different practices. Not saying it was a cultural decision but there are woman all over the world that don’t attend appointments.
And the maternal mortality rate in those countries are a lot higher than in the countries where women are encouraged to go to their appointments 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I read her book and she definitely had a horrendous time from now the story went, she got a formal apology from the trust. I'm pregnant myself and found the statistics about maternal health extremely upsetting. I just have to ask why she had dropped talking about it in favour of doing clothing bits on Lorraine? Particularly during COVID when preg nancy is even more ha rder.

Reactions: 12
I read her book and she definitely had a horrendous time from now the story went, she got a formal apology from the trust. I'm pregnant myself and found the statistics about maternal health extremely upsetting. I just have to ask why she had dropped talking about it in favour of doing clothing bits on Lorraine? Particularly during COVID when preg nancy is even more ha rder.
Maybe cos its not her job to continuously talk about pain and triggering events surrounding black women. Why should it just be the black woman discussing this? Is it like well it’s their problem so they need to focus on that and only that?

Maybe cos its not her job to continuously talk about pain and triggering events surrounding black women. Why should it just be the black woman discussing this? Is it like well it’s their problem so they need to focus on that and only that?
Err when did I say only black women should be
expected to talk about maternal health? What I am saying is it looks extremely cynical to use a emotive agenda to rocket your career and then immediately drop the subject. Not even sure what you're doing on this thread.

Candice has, if I remember correctly, been very vocal about white women speaking on behalf of black women.

I’m baffled that anyone would miss a prenatal appointment, even more so if they are from a group more likely to die during pregnancy and childbirth.

Reactions: 9
As a woman of colour I've said many many times that Candice is not here to represent us. And she shouldn't be expected to. But she capitalised/got rich discussing issues impacting women of colour but know wants to distance herself from them and beg for face cream. She will literally speak on any issue, sell anything/ anyone, do anything for money. Her representation was completely disingenuous. There are far more authentic and articulate and passionate women of colour fighting the fight with barely any followers. It's sad that Candice can't use her platform for more good or at least acknowledge/ uplift these other women who are out there fighting the fight. She is truly awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

I never said the two were related. I haven’t (and will never) read the book so I had the condensed version from my friend, however it just seems absolutely ridiculous to be slagging off the midwives for wanting to look after you in pregnancy then (rightly so) calling them out for them not wanting to look after you.
I will never understand why someone wouldn’t attend midwife appointments, there’s no way on earth I would ever have missed any of mine.

As for preference do you really think the underfunded NHS would ever offer more appointments than research has shown are necessary to avoid harm?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Why the hell do we need to see her ass and gunt that close to the camera roller skating 🧐 babe I suggest if you’re that bored go do something with your kids.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Another insta hun who thinks she's a celeb.
Her parading her: expensive clothes, immaculate house and designer lifestyle pisses me off like the rest of the glam mums.

Reactions: 4
Her parading her: expensive clothes, immaculate house and designer lifestyle pisses me off like the rest of the glam mums.
All for the gram. Take away the mulberry bag and the tacky looking shoes and it will reveal something very different.

• Haha
Honestly it’s the same 3 bags on rotation on that shelf, no designer clothes she’s busy manifesting ASOS loaners & the house is only immaculate cos there’s nothing in it 😂 I think she’s the easiest insta mama to scratch the surface of and see there’s not much that lies beneath!

Honestly it’s the same 3 bags on rotation on that shelf, no designer clothes she’s busy manifesting ASOS loaners & the house is only immaculate cos there’s nothing in it 😂 I think she’s the easiest insta mama to scratch the surface of and see there’s not much that lies beneath!
Funnily enough I’ve thought that about the house too. Take away the one or two key colour pieces that are in each room and there’s really nothing there after that, it’s very plain and has no personality to it. But each to their own on style I guess.

She just looks so well presented at all times.
Perfect outfits make up etc etc.
I have two kids and look/feel like I'm dying 😂😕

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Funnily enough I’ve thought that about the house too. Take away the one or two key colour pieces that are in each room and there’s really nothing there after that, it’s very plain and has no personality to it. But each to their own on style I guess.
She even moves pieces of furniture between rooms for pictures, once you clock you can’t stop noticing. She talks about manifesting wealth all the time to her impressionable young follower base, but not that she’s living out in the sticks so it’s a lot easier to buy a house like that on an avg income? The house is scarcely decorated / furnished / styled~ to coin an insta term it looks barren tbh?

I do think it’s incredibly hard to do new build houses well, if you do you’ve got to rip out all the cheap fixtures & fittings new build developers put in tbh. It’s why the bathroom misses the mark because yes it’s got the wealthy insta mama in a lofty Victorian property wallpaper checked off, but it’s also got the BTL landlord vibe toilet and sink so it’s just a bit Wetherspoons toilets 😬

We’ve had the same considerations in our house, though but these insta idiots just mindlessly follow whatever the top dog is doing. We’re in a 1950s property so no lofty ceilings for us, which means those moody F&B colour schemes would crush our otherwise bright & airy rooms, so the whole house is done neutrally. It’s like Callie Thorpe did her one bedroom flat’s living room in dark dark green and wondered why she felt depressed sat in there.... do none of them use their brains?!

I wouldn’t let an ex brothel madam make you feel bad about anything in your life either tbh x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She even moves pieces of furniture between rooms for pictures, once you clock you can’t stop noticing. She talks about manifesting wealth all the time to her impressionable young follower base, but not that she’s living out in the sticks so it’s a lot easier to buy a house like that on an avg income? The house is scarcely decorated / furnished / styled~ to coin an insta term it looks barren tbh?

I do think it’s incredibly hard to do new build houses well, if you do you’ve got to rip out all the cheap fixtures & fittings new build developers put in tbh. It’s why the bathroom misses the mark because yes it’s got the wealthy insta mama in a lofty Victorian property wallpaper checked off, but it’s also got the BTL landlord vibe toilet and sink so it’s just a bit Wetherspoons toilets 😬

We’ve had the same considerations in our house, though but these insta idiots just mindlessly follow whatever the top dog is doing. We’re in a 1950s property so no lofty ceilings for us, which means those moody F&B colour schemes would crush our otherwise bright & airy rooms, so the whole house is done neutrally. It’s like Callie Thorpe did her one bedroom flat’s living room in dark dark green and wondered why she felt depressed sat in there.... do none of them use their brains?!

I wouldn’t let an ex brothel madam make you feel bad about anything in your life either tbh x

Did she work in a brothel?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.