Cancer Influencers #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wondering if her job could of offered her a different role within the department she worked? Or because it was an incurable illness she had she couldn't accept it! Either way it must of been a very emotional time seeing it actually written down!

I have a blue badge and was getting back in my car when a womanhad a go at me for taking up a disabled space! She explained that-she had to park in a normal space and was now out of breath walking the extra few steps when I clearly looked like I didn't need it! Yes I look well, to someone who doesn't know me wouldn't say to themselves she has cancer! I politely said I was sorry I got the last space and I'm sorry that to her I looked well but at that current moment I had just had a coughing fit in the car where I coughed up blood due to the cancer tumour in my lung, the heart medication I'm on had cause me to nearly pee myself and I know this quick trip into Tescos for pack up stuff for my son as I'm a tit mum and forget he was pack up and sent him to school with no lunch and forgot to order the online shopping is going to take me around an hour because I'll go to the toilet twice, stop cos I'll get out of breath and Have 2 or maybe 3 more coughing fits! So I'm sorry that I don't look unwell too you but inside my body is failing me and there's not a lot I can do! Have a good morning cos mine is tit! And I walked away! 🤣
I hope that you suggested that she perhaps stop talking to you and save her breath if she was out of breath? :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I hope that you suggested that she perhaps stop talking to you and save her breath if she was out of breath? :)
I did think too add that but I could feel myself out of breath and another coughing fit about to emerge! I wish I had stayed to go into the coughing fit in front of her and she may have witnessed the blood I spat up! 🙈

I'm so sorry that so many of you have had comments and abuse for having mobility cars/blue badges. People expect to see someone struggling to walk or a wheelchair yet most life limiting or non-curable conditions are invisible.
My friend had 2 metal rods holding her spine together with stage 4 cancer but because she could walk, looked well and drove a fancy car received repeated abuse for a few years. She used to leave a note on her car with her diagnosis and mobile asking people to call her to discuss further if they had an issue 🙈 :cool:

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Did anybody used to follow Fi Munro? She was lovely
Yes I followed Fi from the start as she was a fellow Scot. She was so lovely and humble, she did literally everything she could to extend her life. She was super healthy with no airs and graces at all. Her book was amazing. Feel for her poor hubby who never posted after she passed.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Did anybody used to follow Fi Munro? She was lovely
She was such a beautiful person and had such a calming and positive outlook to life....I had a few online conversations with her and was so sad when she died
I'd have loved to have known her irl ( also a fellow Scot)

Reactions: 3
That’s what just baffles me about it. The pure brass neck on them, to literally be taking money hand over fist to splurge on umpteen luxury holidays, they have no shame!!!!! I could almost understand it if it was literally for 1 holiday of a lifetime with loved ones before passing away, but to essentially make a list of 20 or 30 extravagant holidays, experiences, days out etc and then take money from people to fund it by using a cancer diagnosis to emotionally squeeze people to donate is just shameful. Particularly when these people are all generally middle class, financially comfortable with family or partner’s earning decent money. I honestly dont know how they aren’t mortified by the sheer gall of it!!!
yep this literally boils my piss, having a gfm so you can go on several holidays a year with your fella? how about use that money to give back to those less fortunate? pure greed!!

It's vile to use someone else's money you don't truly need to go on multiple, incredibly expensive, holidays (often to the same places) about 4 times a year - so more than some people manage in a decade - simply because you think you are owed because you got cancer and you are unable to think of anyone beyond yourself.
And all during one of the worst cost of living crisises in modern history.

You have to be morally bankrupt to do this and not feel any shame.

Or just incredibly thick

Or both (hi again Nicky)

Anyone defending this people for stuff like this are absolute weapons. I'm not talking gofundme for one off memories or treatments I'm talking this level of piss taking.

If these goons actually read this site in context before piling on, they'd probably see we have a point. And if they don't, Id like them to explain it to me slowly as I can't see a world in which it is justifiable.

To add - it might be more excusable if you ever saw them, say, raise money for a kid with cancer to go on holiday instead one of the times, but I have honestly seen one of these people do anything that isn't only about them and about what freebies they can get for themselves.

Nicky, for example, has been on about 5 holidays in the last year on other people's money and not once have I seem her fundraise for anyone else. She is gross.
yep, she is the biggest piss taker of all, she literally has no shame. greedy woman she is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
yep this literally boils my piss, having a gfm so you can go on several holidays a year with your fella? how about use that money to give back to those less fortunate? pure greed!!

yep, she is the biggest piss taker of all, she literally has no shame. greedy woman she is.
It annoys me she never thanks the sad cases who give her money but thank them for tappy tapping, like she’s good at her ‘job’ she’s shameless

Reactions: 5
All the Cancer Influencers jumping on the bandwagon and sharing this….they forget to add they are after your money though, to fund lots of holidays and stuff!!
this post was originally posted in Feb 2021 by a mum who’s child had congenital heart disease - nothing to do with cancer! I think the sentiment rings true to a lot of cancer patients/parents as the cancer community is incredibly important to many…and sadly monestised by some!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So for those of you that never went over to the Bowelbro thread and saw it all kick off (from page 17)….Lizzie England and Lauren Mahon have been named by Bowel Bro as ambassadors for his new website (coming soon) called tittle!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
So for those of you that never went over to the Bowelbro thread and saw it all kick off (from page 17)….Lizzie England and Lauren Mahon have been named by Bowel Bro as ambassadors for his new website (coming soon) called tittle!
for his website for "positive and nice kind posts" omg pass me the sick bucket

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I follow a few cancer influencers and they're all reposting BB stuff in their stories saying how amazing he is 🙄

• Wow
  • Sick
this post was originally posted in Feb 2021 by a mum who’s child had congenital heart disease - nothing to do with cancer! I think the sentiment rings true to a lot of cancer patients/parents as the cancer community is incredibly important to many…and sadly monestised by some!
Yes it was ❤ they absolutely do share for all of the points made. funnily enough, it’s the greedy grifters out there who appear on here and then cry troll.

On a bit of a tangent, does anyone have any experience of using Macmillan for support around cancer? I'm considering getting in touch but I've heard a few negative stories which is putting me off.

On a bit of a tangent, does anyone have any experience of using Macmillan for support around cancer? I'm considering getting in touch but I've heard a few negative stories which is putting me off.
My mum used them and they were excellent. I guess it’s like everything, it depends where you live; postcode lottery. She was in greater Manchester.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.