Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
yeah I agree, for people in office style jobs how many paid sick days do you have? (if there is a limit, I know some (few) companies don't). We get 3, which clearly isn't much and just means that people always come in sick as they cannot afford to lose money, meaning then colds etc spread round the office like mad, and it is kind of pointless as no one is working well if they are ill anyway. I am wondering if when we go back to the office this attitude will change
We don’t have a limit and I’ve not had any questions asked. I’m very lucky with my workplace from the sounds of some of your stories. I’ve only ever heard of someone being questioned on it because they tended to be “sick” on Fridays and Mondays 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Clickbait

VIP Member
Its company policy where I work to provide a sick note on the sixth consecutive day off...
Not sure on the legality of that, I thought everyone had the basic statutory sick pay, holidays etc. and employers could upgrade that. Here is the link to the 7 consecutive days note required thing.

My work requires a note on the sixth working day off but not consecutive.

Reactions: 1

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
in my current job, my boss will sometimes respond and others he won’t bother. So it obviously doesn’t help the anxiety. I’ve got another appt today at 3 with my doc because of constant back pain which just won’t go away and it’s really starting to affect me now as il wake during the night with it and unable to get comfortable to get back over again. I plan to go back to work tomorrow but it’s just stressing me out and making me anxious/overthink etc, I totally dread tomorrow morning.

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Where do you live? In the U.K. there is statutory leave entitlement and sick pay. You only have to produce a sick note if you’ve had 7 consecutive days off work.
Its company policy where I work to provide a sick note on the sixth consecutive day off...

emm

VIP Member
We don’t have a limit and I’ve not had any questions asked. I’m very lucky with my workplace from the sounds of some of your stories. I’ve only ever heard of someone being questioned on it because they tended to be “sick” on Fridays and Mondays 😂
wow you are lucky, but that is so much more logical, surely everyone has to finish their work regardless so if they are off ill they just catch up later anyway. I am lucky in the sense that I am very rarely too ill to work, but I make sure I always take my 3 days off!, basically just use them as holiday. I just make sure I don't take them when it will be a really difficult day for everyone else