Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the nun that was abused at the docks on an call was coming back small dark haired girl with a long bop forgotten her name did she not go to the mother house after it? Maybe brain playing silly devils.

The hens all wearing matching dressing gowns was way too unbelievable. Way before it’s time.

Reactions: 8
I thought the nun that was abused at the docks on an call was coming back small dark haired girl with a long bop forgotten her name did she not go to the mother house after it? Maybe brain playing silly devils.
Sister Frances ... Not sure there's any news on her return yet ? :/

Yes, why do characters disappear? I would guess that the writing and directors are a bit much or something but we've had characters there from the start. Stepping stones or ....?
I cannot tell you how much Shelagh bugs me and Timothy doing that head shake to get hair out of his eyes. Shelagh is well played though

Reactions: 1
Sister Frances ... Not sure there's any news on her return yet ? :/
Wasn’t that Cynthia? She ended up becoming a nun, I think. I adored her, she was really introverted and quiet, but so brave and kind.

Reactions: 9
If it was Cynthia, she went to a psychiatric hospital where Doctor Turner was treated at one time. I am not sure if she was coming back or not, she seems to have been left there and forgotten amount with other characters who have left Nonatus. It's like when they leave Nonatus, they are completely forgotten about and never mentioned again.

If it was Cynthia, she went to a psychiatric hospital where Doctor Turner was treated at one time. I am not sure if she was coming back or not, she seems to have been left there and forgotten amount with other characters who have left Nonatus. It's like when they leave Nonatus, they are completely forgotten about and never mentioned again.
Theyve left so many characters with just no explanation of what’s happened to them. Cynthia, Sister Frances, Sister Hilda…. Just loads like someone has said before.

Reactions: 9
Yes they all seem to disappear.

I’d love to know how Patsy is getting on!! After the heartbreak of Delia.

Reactions: 7
Didn't she leave with Delia in the end? I remember they kissed and walked away at the end of Barbara's wedding or am I remembering that wrong?!
I think it was mentioned off hand in a Christmas special,I think, that they were in Scotland together with a dog.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The hens all wearing matching dressing gowns was way too unbelievable. Way before it’s time.
Absolutely agree - this wasn’t a ‘thing’ until pretty recently. Daft mistake really when they are generally very good at staying on period.
---
Hate it when they don’t explain - bet they’ll do the same with Lucille too. So annoying not to give well-liked characters a proper ending when they leave

Absolutely agree - this wasn’t a ‘thing’ until pretty recently. Daft mistake really when they are generally very good at staying on period.
Tbh in this series they seem to have been using modern ideas which wouldn’t have been correct in the 1960s.

For example the Shah family won the photo competition to advertise ice cream. Imho I’m certain, had there been such a competition in the 60s, then a white family would definitely have been chosen.

Also, the Irish girl with Catholic parents who insisted she keep the baby would more likely have disowned her back then.

Last series we had Dr Turner with his liberal acceptance of homosexuality which again was unlikely to have happened back then.

It’s a period drama so they shouldn’t be altering it to fit today’s values.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Tbh in this series they seem to have been using modern ideas which wouldn’t have been correct in the 1960s.

For example the Shah family won the photo competition to advertise ice cream. Imho I’m certain, had there been such a competition in the 60s, then a white family would definitely have been chosen.

Also, the Irish girl with Catholic parents who insisted she keep the baby would more likely have disowned her back then.

Last series we had Dr Turner with his liberal acceptance of homosexuality which again was unlikely to have happened back then.

Absolutely agree - I’ve noticed this too.

I worded my post badly when I said they stay in period - I meant with the fashions. 🙈

Yes exactly this. Its too unbelievable. I'm sure people who were accepting did exist but why do the all live in poplar and normally involve Dr Turner 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yes exactly this. Its too unbelievable. I'm sure people who were accepting did exist but why do the all live in poplar and normally involve Dr Turner 🤣
I’ve always said this. They used to show the actual views of the time a lot more and once it was only really trixie who was accepting of someone being gay in a storyline. Although even then mostly the prejudiced people were side characters. I don’t know why they couldn’t have shown one of the main characters having prejudiced views and even maybe changing their mind with a redemption arc etc. the nicely nicely is too much.

Reactions: 4
I’ve always said this. They used to show the actual views of the time a lot more and once it was only really trixie who was accepting of someone being gay in a storyline. Although even then mostly the prejudiced people were side characters. I don’t know why they couldn’t have shown one of the main characters having prejudiced views and even maybe changing their mind with a redemption arc etc. the nicely nicely is too much.
In one of the early shows, they was seeing an elderly man who was I'm a relationship (of sorts) with his sister. I'm sure it was jenny that found disgust in this but was told by the head nun (her name slips me right now) about being accepting and it being a product of the war.

Reactions: 6
Yes, why do characters disappear? I would guess that the writing and directors are a bit much or something but we've had characters there from the start. Stepping stones or ....?
I cannot tell you how much Shelagh bugs me and Timothy doing that head shake to get hair out of his eyes. Shelagh is well played though
Its the constant adoring looks her and Patrick give to their children. Like it happens almost every episode...they stand in their house watching their kids playing with this soppy look on their faces. We get it, your a happy nuclear perfect family 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
In one of the early shows, they was seeing an elderly man who was I'm a relationship (of sorts) with his sister. I'm sure it was jenny that found disgust in this but was told by the head nun (her name slips me right now) about being accepting and it being a product of the war.
I remember that one, he was dieing and they only had each other, living in a prefab (?) home.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.