Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That final episode really was tit. So far fetched & unbelievable. Why did the young couple’s car crash? Who were all Trixie’s hundreds of wedding gifts from? Did I miss her other brother they talked about? What was the pint of Colette’s nose bleeds? Did Nancy mention applying for that job before & I missed it? I’d have told SMJ to feck off when she went to the church & insisted on doing a reading. Could the Turners be any more twee & annoying? Why was every male vague acquaintance in Poplar dressed in a morning suit? Ridiculous!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I was really disappointed with the final episode of this current series. There were too many scenes and they were rushed. Didn't give the viewer time to get engagaed with the characters or storylines. The quality has become very poor compared to the earlier series that featured Jenny, Cynthia and Chummy. I much preferrred Sheila when she was Sister Bernadette. Considering it was a long time coming, I wasn't gripped by Trixie's wedding. It should have been magical but I found it a bit farcical.

Reactions: 13
I hope they recast Lucille
I loved her but no …. I’ll just be sitting there thinking “why have they done this, she’s impossible to replace” .. not that she’s a better actress than anyone who may follow her but sometimes a die is cast and that’s it, can you imagine someone taking over the part of the Dot Cotton from the late June Brown.

Reactions: 6
It would of made more sense to kill Lucille off. I wonder they didn’t know she was fully leaving when they filmed? Unless something happens in Jamaica, is she going to phone Cyril saying she’s not coming back and wants a divorce?

Reactions: 11
It would of made more sense to kill Lucille off. I wonder they didn’t know she was fully leaving when they filmed? Unless something happens in Jamaica, is she going to phone Cyril saying she’s not coming back and wants a divorce?
She will fall in love with an ex boyfriend

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I wonder if Leonie expected more from the storylines on the show. Not to be the star, but for it to be more realistic of the time in terms of addressing racism. It’s all very perfect, particularly the Turners which has already been said a lot! Even the teenager with the Irish parents where her father just accepted the baby isn’t reflective of the attitude to unmarried mothers in the 60s particularly with the Irish Catholics!
I remember one of Lucille’s first few episodes showed her facing racism at a birth, but it hasn’t been addressed since. It’s lovely that they are accepted, but doesn’t seem reflective of the time.

I think this. I dont think they expected her to leave. She definitely didnt get good storylines unfortunately

• Sad
Wonder if Dr Turner gets on all their nerves as well and that’s why the cast leaves 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Wonder if Dr Turner gets on all their nerves as well and that’s why the cast leaves 😂
Would be interesting to be a fly on the wall at that show. something funny is going on there. Even looks like Nancy is on her way out too.

Reactions: 4
I do think that everything is not rosy behind the scenes. So many actors and actresses leave suddenly and a rushed explanation has to be provided to the viewers to explain a character's departure - even though the character gave no clue in their storyline that they were thinking of moving on. The characters of Patsy, Delia and Valerie spring to mind.

There was a book after call the midwife books, I think it was called Dr turner's notes or something. Not sure whether it was written by the same person. Unless I imagined it 🤔

I do think that everything is not rosy behind the scenes. So many actors and actresses leave suddenly and a rushed explanation has to be provided to the viewers to explain a character's departure - even though the character gave no clue in their storyline that they were thinking of moving on. The characters of Patsy, Delia and Valerie spring to mind.
Also the two nuns Sister Hilda and Sister Frances where gone this season without much of an explanation just that they had gone back to the Mother House which is a shame cause I liked them both.

Why is mature Jenny narrating how perfect Trixie’s wedding was? She wasn’t even there, it would of been a nice touch for her to come back.
"It looked like Trixie had a lovely day, i wouldn't know though as i wasn't invited!"

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I did like the last episode to an extent but it felt a bit meh, especially in the comparisons to last series. Trixie's wedding was a bit of a let down despite the hype up to it and I disliked how she had become a bit of a bridezilla as well - but that's Trixie for her. I did like her brother (assuming that he is gay) but he is just a male version of her. I was so pleased to have Miss Higgins in the hen party even though I couldn't imagine her there and I was a bit surprised that Violet was as well, they really just invited any woman that knows Trixie who isn't a patient, didn't they?

I do love Higgins and was hoping that she would have her recorders out again for some wedding entertainment!

The car crash felt as if it was filler and just an excuse to show off Dr Turner's skills and it was just a coincidence that he had his bag in the car and performed a street C-section without that much blood or mess on his suit! They just seem to think that a death just adds in dramatic effect especially at the last episode of the series. The car crash was just a bit meh, especially in comparison to the train last series, they really used up the budget on that I think.

Colette's nosebleeds are making me wonder if there is something wrong with her as they had a focus on that. I think that if she is ill, it might make Nancy either stay in Poplar or it will make her go. It would be a shame to have her away as she has really grown on me and there is a need for a young midwife, especially as Lucille has left and Trixie is now married and isn't staying there any more. But I 'm wondering what it will be like with the students coming up and how long they will stay. The show has a tendency to make good characters and then just get rid of them without much of a word. Sister Frances, I was sad to have her go but at least she was given a goodbye unlike other characters like Sister Hilda and even Chummy.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.