Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hope that the nosebleeds are not a hint for a storyline in the next series. My grandparents were Irish immigrants and lost their first child in the early 60s so it just feels extra cruel to do that to Nancy and Collette. 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 5
The nosebleeds made me wonder about leukaemia. I hope not. It's a shame that there had to be a fatal accident shoe horned in. No need for it. A Happy day is always spoiled and I'm fed up with it, so predictable.

Reactions: 6
I feel like the last couple of series start strong but by episode 5 or so run out of steam.
I felt kind of meh to Trixies wedding and to Trixie this whole season. Would of been nice to see some old faces at her wedding since she is the only remaining midwife from the start.
I don't think Trixie will be in much of the next season as the actress that plays her, is on tour with The King and I for most of the year.....that's one long honeymoon!!

Reactions: 11
Here's hoping Sister MJ makes it through the episode
The nosebleeds made me wonder about leukaemia. I hope not. It's a shame that there had to be a fatal accident shoe horned in. No need for it. A Happy day is always spoiled and I'm fed up with it, so predictable.
First the crash then the hotel they were in goes up in flames too OTT. And how come the Dr's wife looked so immaculate after helping with a roadside caesarian? He looked clean and tidy too!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The voice over at the end now sounds like they’ve literally dug her up to do it

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I didnt think there was an need for Lizzie to die. It was like they said oh we better add a death into this episode.
Also, the wedding was a bit rubbish tbh. We wait ALL this time and it was a all rushed. No Jenny ir Cynthia or Chummy. I mean the end having it all at Nonnatus was nice but no…. felt a bit of an anticlimax.

Reactions: 14
I feel like the last couple of series start strong but by episode 5 or so run out of steam.
I felt kind of meh to Trixies wedding and to Trixie this whole season. Would of been nice to see some old faces at her wedding since she is the only remaining midwife from the start.
I don't think Trixie will be in much of the next season as the actress that plays her, is on tour with The King and I for most of the year.....that's one long honeymoon!!
I saw her in The King & I last week. She was excellent and has a beautiful singing voice. I chatted with her afterwards. She is tiny and now has long dark hair. She was very delicate & pretty and thanked us all for coming to see it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
First the crash then the hotel they were in goes up in flames too OTT. And how come the Dr's wife looked so immaculate after helping with a roadside caesarian? He looked clean and tidy too!
I also found all the moaning and dramatics about readings, and tiaras a bit jarring!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I really hope that the nosebleeds are not a hint for a storyline in the next series. My grandparents were Irish immigrants and lost their first child in the early 60s so it just feels extra cruel to do that to Nancy and Collette. 😭
Hopefully you’re just overthinking, there doesn’t have to be a deeper meaning to every storyline. My thoughts were that they were concerned that her nose would bleed all over her bridesmaids dress, nosebleeds aren’t necessarily a bad thing, if anything they are a release for small disorder.
As you say it would be awful to do this to Nancy and Collette.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.