Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope Cyril gets a shag at the wedding reception from a hottie
Yeah. Cant see that Lucille was that exciting a sh@g.
---

Ive been rewatching them all again. Have skipped a few but the earlier ones are so gritty. Lately its all happyish endings. Have been so disappointed with the past few episodes.
Also surely Jenny can make a fleeting appearance at Trixie’s wedding.
---

Ooh Mrs Turner is on Lorraine. Shes so glam!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah and she stayed there and is working out there ….
---
---
That's a shame I really liked Lucile! I don't really like Nancy, she is just a side character to me and should stay that way too. I always thought Lucile fitted in very very well. Overall I think the show is not as good as it once was? The characters are becoming bland and the stories don't seem to be as real as they once were?

Trixie has lost her sparkle and I can't stand that over earnest fiancé of hers. The show needs good characters like Nurse Crane, Sister Frances and Lucile, especially with the nuns getting older and them being able to only summon boring battle-axes from the Mother House.

Reactions: 15
I was thinking last night, where did sister frances and sister hilda go? Just back to to mother house?

Reactions: 1
Last night was another unrealistic episode. I think even now most men would be slightly annoyed if their wife of 16 years had a child they didn't know about

Reactions: 15
I would like to see the introduction of some younger characters - particularly ones like young Jenny and Trixie who were brilliant at their jobs. I like Nancy but I feel how she was introduced (a little bit inept, socially awkward, etc) is difficult to shake and that's how her character is mostly known. Albeit, there is some clear character development.

Anyhow, I miss the days when Jenny, Trixie and Cynthia would be getting ready and going dancing, dating, etc. A lot of the focus now is primarily the families and although its sweet, I'd like the see the fun - not the forced fun of harvest festivals, or another community ball thingy that you just know never happened.

Reactions: 20
I would like to see the introduction of some younger characters - particularly ones like young Jenny and Trixie who were brilliant at their jobs. I like Nancy but I feel how she was introduced (a little bit inept, socially awkward, etc) is difficult to shake and that's how her character is mostly known. Albeit, there is some clear character development.

Anyhow, I miss the days when Jenny, Trixie and Cynthia would be getting ready and going dancing, dating, etc. A lot of the focus now is primarily the families and although its sweet, I'd like the see the fun - not the forced fun of harvest festivals, or another community ball thingy that you just know never happened.
Cynthia was another great character, greatly missed (IMO) - what happened to Jane the house keeper? I liked her too.

Why doesn't Fred work at Nonatus house anymore either? :LOL:

Reactions: 5
I really preferred the old series when it was more focused on what happened with the nurses/nuns.
I miss Sister Evangelina as well.

For me I enjoyed the 50’s period. When it focused on hardship & poverty and the nurses would go out dancing etc.

I used to really like sister Julienne, but I think she’s turned into a bit of a narky cow recently.

Reactions: 16
I miss Cynthia and Barbara so much 🥲 I also really miss Patsy! I really hope Lucille comes back. She was my favourite! ❤

Reactions: 9
Oh yeah Patsy. Where did she go? And Delia? Did they stay together?
And Cynthia? After she was attacked did she go to the Mother House and just stay?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.