Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have my suspicions that could very well be on the cards for Timothy you know. But yes it would be a joyous celebration with balloons, tea and cake wouldn’t it?
The celebrations at the Turner’s would make the Notting Hill Carnival look like tea at granny’s! 😆

Sheila - “Oh Patrick, I’ve always wanted a gay son! Look at our diverse family. God has truly blessed us!”

• Haha
Reactions: 26
The celebrations at the Turner’s would make the Notting Hill Carnival look like tea at granny’s! 😆

Sheila - “Oh Patrick, I’ve always wanted a gay son! Look at our diverse family. God has truly blessed us!”
That’s another thing that’s quite inaccurate on the programme: Poplar was really not as diverse as they portray it, at least it wasn’t in the 70s/80s when I grew up.

Reactions: 8
My Nanna had undiagnosed twins in the late 50s. My grandad was so ecstatic he ran out of the house, jumped on the nearest bus and told anyone who'd listen 🤣 must have been a hell of a shock! My mum was born just over a year later so they had their hands full! Me and my sister were born in the 80s, and I don't think scans were common. My mum might have had one with my sister but I'm not sure. Amazing to think we have 3D scans now and you can see the babies faces before they're even born.
The only way to 100% determine the sex in the 80's was to have an amniocentesis. My mum
had one x

The only way to 100% determine the sex in the 80's was to have an amniocentesis. My mum
had one x
Yes my mother also had one too, around 80s/early 90s time as she was older mother to Check for downs syndrome and tell ye what sex baby was. They told her though it was high risk of miscarriage getting that done too but thankfully all was ok

I loved "Nothing " the dog 😍 That was my favourite part of last week's episode

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s the last in the series next week.
So do we think that will be the wedding then or will they save that for the Christmas special?
I recall Trixie saying her wedding was in November so they could save it for the special.

Reactions: 3
So do we think that will be the wedding then or will they save that for the Christmas special?
I recall Trixie saying her wedding was in November so they could save it for the special.
If they've already filmed it, I'd assume this series as the next lot usually film in like Spring/Summer

I’d say it’ll probably be the last episode of this series then it’ll be the Christmas special again.

Reactions: 4
I’m sure the midwives and doctors would have been more judgemental too but no, they are so liberal and accepting.
The midwives in the 1960's were definitely judgemental! A relative of mine had a baby out of wedlock in the late 60's. The mums on the maternity ward were not addressed by their first names, it was "Mrs ....." If a mum was unmarried, the midwives and nurses made a point of loudly emphasising "MISS ......!"

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
First post on here! Seeing Trixie’s wedding invites makes me wish they could have corralled some of the old lot for her wedding. Jenny and Chummy would have almost certainly attended. Especially chummy with it being a society wedding!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
First post on here! Seeing Trixie’s wedding invites makes me wish they could have corralled some of the old lot for her wedding. Jenny and Chummy would have almost certainly attended. Especially chummy with it being a society wedding!!
Yeah you’d of thought they’d of brought them back especially Jenny they started together didn’t they?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.