Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I don’t know about the rest of you but that episode has cheered me up no end.
Off to watch some nice relaxing Happy Valley.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
How come none of the other midwife’s have commented that Lucille has dumped her husband and left poor Cyril 😭

Reactions: 7
I’ve finally caught up with the last 2 episodes and I’m enjoying this series more than the last few. It doesn’t quite connect the way the early series do though.

I hate that Cyrill is sad and was nearly stabbed to death but at least he’s more than a background character now so swings and roundabouts. I have been enjoying Dr St Turner taking a backseat but I feel like Trixie’s sexy but wooden husband to be is now filling his role; swooping in to save the day in situations he’s clearly not qualified to handle but it inexplicably all works out anyway.

Does anyone else think there really missing the friendship aspect of the older series? Like between the nurses. I first noticed when they filmed during covid but thought it must be due social distancing, but a lot of the relationships still feel very surface level.

Reactions: 16
I’ve finally caught up with the last 2 episodes and I’m enjoying this series more than the last few. It doesn’t quite connect the way the early series do though.

I hate that Cyrill is sad and was nearly stabbed to death but at least he’s more than a background character now so swings and roundabouts. I have been enjoying Dr St Turner taking a backseat but I feel like Trixie’s sexy but wooden husband to be is now filling his role; swooping in to save the day in situations he’s clearly not qualified to handle but it inexplicably all works out anyway.

Does anyone else think there really missing the friendship aspect of the older series? Like between the nurses. I first noticed when they filmed during covid but thought it must be due social distancing, but a lot of the relationships still feel very surface level.
The friendship between Nurse Crane & Barbara 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yes definitely, you used to see them all quite alot in their shared bedrooms, getting ready for a date, or trying out a new hair do or whatever but you rarely see the bedrooms now.

Reactions: 14
I swear to god if next week is just rich boy Matthew being the saviour of Nonnatus again 😠

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I swear to god if next week is just rich boy Matthew being the saviour of Nonnatus again 😠
Oo now that would put Dr Turner’s nose out of joint!
Doesn‘t his wife write or produce the show? He must’ve been in her bad books for this series so she’s making Matthew Woodentop the hero instead! 😉😆

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It bugs me how older Jenny is still the voice when she left years ago.
The early series with Jenny's character are currently being shown on the Drama channel. As those series were based on her memoirs, the characters were real people so at the end of all those episodes, the narration was an update on what happened to that real-life person. The narration then was much more appropriate to the episodes - unlike today where it comes across as a syrupy verse read from a greeting card.

Reactions: 15
The early series with Jenny's character are currently being shown on the Drama channel. As those series were based on her memoirs, the characters were real people so at the end of all those episodes, the narration was an update on what happened to that real-life person. The narration then was much more appropriate to the episodes - unlike today where it comes across as a syrupy verse read from a greeting card.
They should have changed the narrator to Sister Julienne when Jenny left

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Ah the old Irish guilt and shame. I'm so proud 😂
---

Can we just appreciate father with skin complaint lovely chest hair.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.