Budgeting and money saving

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am a proper shopaholic and since I got vinted I just use my vinted balance to buy BNWT items. I get the buzz of shopping but for all intents and purposes get to do it for free or in a worse case spend about a 5a.

Reactions: 5
I am a proper shopaholic and since I got vinted I just use my vinted balance to buy BNWT items. I get the buzz of shopping but for all intents and purposes get to do it for free or in a worse case spend about a 5a.
good tip thank you for that x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Just bought a new house, so I’m here for all the moving saving ideas!

Reactions: 4
I've been buying on Vinted for over a year but only selling for around a month.
Now I've got a spreadsheet to see when I've balanced out my spending by selling my items. It's motivated me to spend less.

I recently deleted Facebook so I think I've replaced my aimless scrolling of that with scrolling Vinted 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've been buying on Vinted for over a year but only selling for around a month.
Now I've got a spreadsheet to see when I've balanced out my spending by selling my items. It's motivated me to spend less.

I recently deleted Facebook so I think I've replaced my aimless scrolling of that with scrolling Vinted 🙈
Haha I spend hours scrolling. Infact got a few parcels to drop and one to pick up today 😂😂. I had way too much stuff in the house and needed it gone. Being paid to do myself a favour, love it 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Is vinted better than depop or eBay? I’ve got lots of topshop, asos, H&M items. Do you think they’re better off on Vinted?

Is vinted better than depop or eBay? I’ve got lots of topshop, asos, H&M items. Do you think they’re better off on Vinted?
I personally prefer it to Depop & Ebay. My method is list on Vinted, let all the good stuff sell and then stick the remaining items on Ebay for quick sale

Reactions: 2
I've found that things go for a lot cheaper on vinted. Ridiculously cheap. But there are no fees so it kind of evens out.

Do you need a printer to print the labels on Vinted please? When I sell on eBay I just write the address on a bit of paper tape it on and take to the post office but Vinted does look really good!

Do you need a printer to print the labels on Vinted please? When I sell on eBay I just write the address on a bit of paper tape it on and take to the post office but Vinted does look really good!
If you use Yodel as shipping option, you show them a barcode and they produce a label.

I've printed my own labels when shipping Royal Mail & Evri.

I’ve just started an insta account to get involved in the money saving community - some good accounts out there but also a lot of them who have high paying jobs and/or partners so don’t seem to have any trouble saving or budgeting

Reactions: 6
I thought you did need to print at home but I sold my first thing and the email says you can print off at a shop

I’ve just started an insta account to get involved in the money saving community - some good accounts out there but also a lot of them who have high paying jobs and/or partners so don’t seem to have any trouble saving or budgeting
I’ve always felt that way about The Budget Mom in particular! Maybe it was different at the start of her journey!

There’a a few others with high paying jobs that do talk good budget sense when it comes to reels but then post themselves having endless trips and hauls and buying random things for their house that doesn’t seem to fit in with what their reels are saying. Maybe they have budgeted for it but it seems to clash.

Reactions: 4
I’ve always felt that way about The Budget Mom in particular! Maybe it was different at the start of her journey!

There’a a few others with high paying jobs that do talk good budget sense when it comes to reels but then post themselves having endless trips and hauls and buying random things for their house that doesn’t seem to fit in with what their reels are saying. Maybe they have budgeted for it but it seems to clash.
Some of them I can’t relate, I felt like many of them are having that kind of jobs where they can accumulate OT and hence extra pay.

Any money saving on school uniform 😰
Primary or secondary? Do the ptfa have a 2nd hand shop? Look on fb market place for logo bits. Last year I brought 2x m&s skirts on ebay £4 posted. If primary you can get plain jumpers/cardis.

Primary or secondary? Do the ptfa have a 2nd hand shop? Look on fb market place for logo bits. Last year I brought 2x m&s skirts on ebay £4 posted. If primary you can get plain jumpers/cardis.
Secondary. It's a faith school so as much as they like to preach giving to provety they just want middle class (I'm very much working class part time two kids [long story]) I don't want him to be bullied for my failures

Secondary. It's a faith school so as much as they like to preach giving to provety they just want middle class (I'm very much working class part time two kids [long story]) I don't want him to be bullied for my failures
I totally get that. Single parent here and mine are "disadvantaged" because they get pupil premium 😒 Some of the 2nd hand stuff is immaculate, one mum on market place is selling brand new, she brought just before lockdown and didn't fit after. Frees up some money for better shoes, coats, pencil case etc