Budgeting and money saving

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there a genuine way to earn a bit of extra cash online? I've tried looking into it but am getting nowhere. I work full time in an office at a good level but with the rising cost of everything (and unexpectedly ending up living alone 18 months ago) I could do with a little extra every month and can easily spare a few hours or more every week.

Reactions: 5
Is there a genuine way to earn a bit of extra cash online? I've tried looking into it but am getting nowhere. I work full time in an office at a good level but with the rising cost of everything (and unexpectedly ending up living alone 18 months ago) I could do with a little extra every month and can easily spare a few hours or more every week.
I’ve been doing surveys on Prolific. Sometimes you get quite a few, other times there might be a couple of days where you don’t get any. But they’re generally quick and easy to complete and pay pretty well (mostly around £1 a survey but I’ve done the odd one that’s been £5 or £6).

I’ve also got back into using TopCashBack because even though I’m saving I’m still having to buy stuff online a fair bit. https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/Member12103615578950 if you use that link you’ll get £10. I’ve only got £30 in mine at the moment but hoping to continue building it up then cash out at £100

Reactions: 3
there’s a few I’m doing lately, they don’t take much time and can easily schedule into your day. If you use my links we both get bonuses for it

my fav is Everup, you can save money in it like an account but there’s free games every day where you can win cash

AttaPoll - surveys: https://attapoll.app/join/vsxpu

WeAre8 -short ads from sustainable or equality brands:

JamDoughnut - cash back on gift cards (I use it to buy gift cards to do my weekly food shop
https://jamdoughnut.com/
referral: U5XV

MyWorld - points for tracking eco friendly axtions
Code: ZzNWZfoTqU

Airtime rewards - cash back to use against your phonebill
Code: QEEJLL6U

Reactions: 2
I’ve been doing surveys on Prolific. Sometimes you get quite a few, other times there might be a couple of days where you don’t get any. But they’re generally quick and easy to complete and pay pretty well (mostly around £1 a survey but I’ve done the odd one that’s been £5 or £6).

I’ve also got back into using TopCashBack because even though I’m saving I’m still having to buy stuff online a fair bit. https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/Member12103615578950 if you use that link you’ll get £10. I’ve only got £30 in mine at the moment but hoping to continue building it up then cash out at £100
Thank you for that but really I was thinking more along the lines of actual work rather than the odd survey for a couple of quid, something that will really be worth it for my time.

there’s a few I’m doing lately, they don’t take much time and can easily schedule into your day. If you use my links we both get bonuses for it

my fav is Everup, you can save money in it like an account but there’s free games every day where you can win cash

AttaPoll - surveys: https://attapoll.app/join/vsxpu

WeAre8 -short ads from sustainable or equality brands:

JamDoughnut - cash back on gift cards (I use it to buy gift cards to do my weekly food shop
https://jamdoughnut.com/
referral: U5XV

MyWorld - points for tracking eco friendly axtions
Code: ZzNWZfoTqU

Airtime rewards - cash back to use against your phonebill
Code: QEEJLL6U
I already use Airtime rewards and rarely pay more than a pound of two for my bill 🙂

Reactions: 1
Not so much earning cash but you can earn vouchers on a website called Shop and Scan. You have to submit your household details to see if you’re eligible but if you are you just scan the barcodes from a shop you’ve done at least once a week and you’re rewarded with points for vouchers.

Thank you for that but really I was thinking more along the lines of actual work rather than the odd survey for a couple of quid, something that will really be worth it for my time.

I already use Airtime rewards and rarely pay more than a pound of two for my bill 🙂
Things like, ironing, dog walking, remote sectary/typist.

There is selling on amazon, I did it for a bit but gave up as it was hard to make a decent profit unless you could commit more time to sourcing.

it does all add up but i get ya!

matched betting could be worth a look,bit of learning to get your head around it but i can make £300 a week easily

Reactions: 4
Things like, ironing, dog walking, remote sectary/typist.

There is selling on amazon, I did it for a bit but gave up as it was hard to make a decent profit unless you could commit more time to sourcing.
I've actually just submitted an application to do some virtual assistant work, hopefully I'll be selected.

I wouldn't knock prolific until you have tried it tbh! Some of the surveys pay really well. I got £3 for a 9 minute one the other day, most days its easy to make a tenner or so in 15/20 minutes.

Reactions: 7
it does all add up but i get ya!

matched betting could be worth a look,bit of learning to get your head around it but i can make £300 a week easily
I wish I understood matched betting 😂 I just cannot get my head around it, even though lots of people say it’s a good way to make money. £300 a week would be a lifesaver for me on maternity leave at the moment!

I wouldn't knock prolific until you have tried it tbh! Some of the surveys pay really well. I got £3 for a 9 minute one the other day, most days its easy to make a tenner or so in 15/20 minutes.
Prolific aren't allowing new sign ups at the moment. I've been on the waiting list to join for about 3 months now!

Prolific aren't allowing new sign ups at the moment. I've been on the waiting list to join for about 3 months now!
Aw thats sucks. Hope you get on soon! Bet they've had such a huge surge of people looking to make extra money.

Not online but what about the Royal Mail sorting job. I know someone who does this and they can just pick up shifts when they want so you could work it around your other job

I’m so sorry if this has been asked before- I haven’t read through all this thread but does anyone sell on vinted? I have SO many clothes- loads new as well 🤦🏽‍♀️ Is it worth doing or is it more hassle than it’s worth?

I’m so sorry if this has been asked before- I haven’t read through all this thread but does anyone sell on vinted? I have SO many clothes- loads new as well 🤦🏽‍♀️ Is it worth doing or is it more hassle than it’s worth?
I do. Mostly baby bit the moment but I do have stuff to upload. I price things very low to get them gone but have made a fair bit - immmostly using it for the next size up clothes for baby or for toys for Christmas andpurchasing from Vinted with the balance I make.

for me it is mostly worth and super easy - although you don’t get any money toward packaging and fuel/parking for parcel postage as they just buy a label and you don’t see that money. Most of the time that’s okay if I have time to walk to the drop offs or if there are a number of parcels but sometimes it’s the odd item for only £1 and it doesn’t usually feel like it’s worth the effort of digging the item back out, packing and getting to post!

I've seen a thread all about this and Depop.

I raved about vinted about a month ago but since then been hit with attempted scams. One woman became really nasty and abusive and was sending paragraphs of abuse - which vinted said didn't go against policy (I couldn't block them as there was an ongoing purchase dispute), vinted promised me if the buyer didn't post the disputed item within 72 hours I would recieve payment - they then didn't pay me. Trading standards have of course been contacted. I have made a fair bit of money on there and most people I've dealt with have been great but having to spend days arguing the toss over £4/5 is too much and I will spend days arguing over it through principle, is too much. Especially risky if selling bundles as all the buyer has to do is recieve the items, remove one thing from it and tell Vinted it's arrived incomplete and Vinted will refund them and leave you with no item or money.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
We've spent less on our takeaway by changing to veg curry instead of chicken or lamb, and ordering chapati instead of naan . This is due to having a vegan in thr household now. It knocked about £7 off the total we used to spend.

Obviously we'd save even more by not getting a takeaway at all , but we've got to buy some food to eat , and we are willing to pay for an occasional treat.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
We've spent less on our takeaway by changing to veg curry instead of chicken or lamb, and ordering chapati instead of naan . This is due to having a vegan in thr household now. It knocked about £7 off the total we used to spend.

Obviously we'd save even more by not getting a takeaway at all , but we've got to buy some food to eat , and we are willing to pay for an occasional treat.
That’s a great idea! We have a lot of takeaways and for 2 of us it often costs over £35/40 a pop as we like to get a variety of dishes (we have leftovers, we don't eat it all in one go!) and I’m conscious how much we spend.
Recently my partner has been driving to the local Chinese (this one doesn’t deliver) and I’ve been ordering a Chinese curry and rice in the same container - it’s about £6 or £7 and is plenty for 2 meals. My partner gets a few little bits and we’re spending less than £20 now. I really can’t believe how much I was spending before.
Takeaways are our treat that we really don’t want to give up so to save a bit of money on them has been great.

Reactions: 4

We are vegan and our chippy take away for 1 adult 2 kids is £14