Brummy Mummy #134 One pair of size 18 knickers does not a size 18 make

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread suggestion with the most votes came from @GingerWhinger

A brief recap

* Babs and family have been on ‘a little city break‘ to New York. Did she manage to make it look tit? Yes. Yes she did.
* Babs was a big brave girl and went to the theatre on her own whilst in NY. She even walked back to the hotel. On. Her. Own. #SoBrave #WhatAnInspiration Should I mention the walk was maybe 6 minutes from theatre to hotel?
* A follower dared question what Babs actual dress size is and said she was bigger than an 18. Babs was riled. So ver angry. She showed a pair of her (very stretchy) pants to prove she ‘doesn’t lie, why would she lie’. Old Body Positive Babs was horrified and upset that som thought she was bigger than an 18. I’m sure that made any of her plus size followers feel great 🙄
* a fantastic piece of detective work from @Allthecakes unearthed what Babs has been secretly working on recently. A ’Phone box podcast’. Not actually filmed in a phone box. Or anything to do with a phone box. But you know #BabsLogic

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I will be giving the podcast a miss. Sounds like it will be self absorbed and painful to listen to.

Reactions: 33
I'm absolutely gagged that the sole review so far, based off a 1 minute 31 second trailer, states the listener won't be bothering. Gold! As others were saying at the end of the previous thread, her notion of her "teen years" seems very off. She was a teen from 1990-1997. She seems to be trying yo encapsulate the period from 1990 to the mid 00s when she snared 🪜 as her "teens"
---
Also, why in that trailer for it is she pulling those faces!??? The facial expressions convey that she thinks its a tit idea (it is) and the person on the phone is absolutely ludicrous for suggesting it (they are). Either that or the phone box stinks of piss.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Re: those asking how to listen without giving views. I am assuming it will also be a video podcast on YouTube, in which case you can use a YouTube viewer like Invidious to watch it #

• Heart
Reactions: 26
ffs, that guest list! 🤣🤣 it's literally like she has one thru her IG "friends" and snapped up anyone of a similar age who is willing to jeopardise their entire reputation by associating with her, likely delighted that they don't have to physically be in babs' present to participate. also explains why she randomly tagged Laura Adlington in her "these plus sized ladies inspire my fashion choices" story the other day! i literally cannot wait for this podcast to be an epic flop! 🍿🍿

she has very clearly been told to speak slowly and calm the duck down, cos the trailer doesn't sound like babs' usual hyperactive and nonsensical babble, flitting randomly from topic to topic as she is distracted by shiny things and never actually finishing a sentence! and the repetitive emphasis on how the guests will call "from their nearest phonebox" and states that multiple times in the trailer, yet from the recorded footage she shared, that is clearly not the case - likely because absolutely nobody has a working phonebox anywhere within their locality!. i also thought she said that this new "skill" she had been working on didn't involve children or "mumming" yet she seemingly couldn't resist the "i'm a size 18, 45 year old mother of two" in the intro! but ofc, babs DOES NOT LIE. not ever. 🤥🤥

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Interested in 🐄👛s views on podcasts.
Most people who I know are either listeners or simply not. And the people I know who do listen, listen to quality podcasts.
People who are listeners love recommending them but everything they recommend has a purpose or makes you laugh.

I don't know who her audience are, I can't see that folks who are listeners will listen to this crap, there is too much good stuff out there to waste time on what a few random influencers did when they were teenagers.

If I can't persuade the non listeners to listen to quality I can't imagine Babs converting them!

• Heart
The Phonebox Podcast that has absolutely nothing to do with a phonebox ?! Genius, no wonder her career in PR and marketing was a total bust.

There really is no fixing stupid.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Imagine how grating her voice will be on the podcast.
Love how she stated publicly LESS people watch her stuff when she talks -so of course you’d do a podcast. Spot on market research there babalar

• Haha
Re: those asking how to listen without giving views. I am assuming it will also be a video podcast on YouTube, in which case you can use a YouTube viewer like Invidious to watch it #
i may be wrong, but i saw a comment asking if the podcast was recorded and would be available to watch rather than just listen to, and she replied saying no - the first series was just available as a podcast, but it was a goal for the future, IF her podcast is successful and she decides to record a second series! pipe dreams, given that it is a guaranteed shambles! 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Most people who I know are either listeners or simply not. And the people I know who do listen, listen to quality podcasts.
People who are listeners love recommending them but everything they recommend has a purpose or makes you laugh.

I don't know who her audience are, I can't see that folks who are listeners will listen to this crap, there is too much good stuff out there to waste time on what a few random influencers did when they were teenagers.

If I can't persuade the non listeners to listen to quality I can't imagine Babs converting them!
Yes, agree. I like lifestyle ones such as
Diary of a CEO
Menopause info: Dr Louise Newson

Or just books on Audible that are easy to listen to or factual if I'm researching sen stuff to help my family.

My ears don't have time for her teenage ramblings, sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Tbh ..I've never listened to a podcast ( I am a bit of a dinosaur ) I only discovered TED talks to last year..( holds head in shame!). Fair to say I won't be popping my podcast cherry with Babs' tit witterings.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Yes, agree. I like lifestyle ones such as
Diary of a CEO
Menopause info: Dr Louise Newson

Or just books on Audible that are easy to listen to or factual if I'm researching sen stuff to help my family.

My ears don't have time for her teenage ramblings, sorry.
Love Audible! Tom Hanks reading The Dutch House was stunning, just finished Lesson in Chemistry. If you use Borrowbox then books are free but they don't have everything.

Podcasts I adore are; Mary Portas -Beautiful Misfits, Holly Tucker- Conversations of Inspiration, Off Menu, Gangster, I'm not a Monster, Desert Island discs....there are so many that provide interesting and quality content.

Portas and Tucker both speak to really interesting and inspirational people, people who have really achieved something in life and they do touch on their earlier life. Who wants random Instagrammers talking about teen trends from the 90's?

It is simply a vanity project that shows how out of touch she is with social media trends and the general media consumption of today.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I dip in and out of podcasts and information YouTube videos, can download and listen offline with YouTube premium, currently enjoying decoding the unknown which is an easy listen.

Reactions: 12

I listen to/watch podcasts all day pretty much. But nothing of value, I would say 95% true crime, 3% comedy, 1% history and then the odd radio 4 programme/series

I don't listen to anything that is mindfulness, work related, parent related or just the presenter talking about things they like or interviewing randomers.

My favorites are true crime podcasts on youtube (hence my mention of ICMAP before) mainly because it makes me feel like I am not just working at home on my lonesome, I have 3 screens so i like to have people on my 3rd screen talking - like I'm in the office haha. working from home full time sends you a bit mad tbh!
---
I dip in and out of podcasts and information YouTube videos, can download and listen offline with YouTube premium, currently enjoying decoding the unknown which is an easy listen.
Ooh that sounds like a good one, just subscribed.

Actually is there a tattle thread for podcasts?

Reactions: 15
Babs logic - 4 people have similar hair styles in that throwback photos where she’s talking to Mrs Doubtfire…sorry, I mean Alison Perry, so that means we’re all the same?!
The only diversity that Babs cares about involves Ashley Banjo. Especially with her predominantly white middle class guest list.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

yeah, i have never personally got into podcasts. i know they are super popular and many people love them, and i have listened to the odd episode here and there, but generally i prefer stuff on YT. podcasts definitely aren't my go-to, and it's absolutely guaranteed that babs won't be changing that with her grating voice rehashing the stories we have all heard a million times before! i swear i know the supposed details of her teens, ex boyfriends and her love story with steve than i remember of my own life! 🙄

but as always, babs' logic means that she has decided that as SHE enjoys listening to trashy podcasts about reality tv, it automatically means that everyone else loves podcasts too, and will be absolutely THRILLED at the idea of listening to HER podcast! 🙄🙄

Reactions: 12

I will be honest I never bother
I really love The Midult but found their podcasts very irritating 🙈
sometimes voices don’t convey humour as much as the written word and vice versa of course it depends on who is doing them
I see that scum bag knee deep in bollocks is a guest 🙄
I may listen just to hear her out of breath manic madness it made me laugh as every frame of her video stories had “ listen here”
People will probably listen for a bit but then it will die off like everything she does

she felt sick announcing a pod cast
Everyone and his dog has one they are nothing special

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.