Brummy Mummy #105 Menopause, allergies or is she just decomposing?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks like Erin has the opposite issue to her mum, she's always in the same clothes
Good. Hopefully she grows up to not be as obsessed by consuming. As long as she washes the clothes when they start to smell

Reactions: 18
It’s bed time at 7:01! It’s Saturday night jesus let them stay up and watch tv together!

Reactions: 23
Screenshot_20220319_191056_com.instagram.android.jpg

Pissed again by 7 Bab? Surely you should be in your PJ's by now 🤪.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
for someone who will happily spend excessive amounts of money buying platform docs and hunter wellies and ugly designer handbags, she's so scathing of the fact that she had to spend a whole £7.99 on a t-shirt for ethan! she's thrilled she managed to get him a two-pack of shorts for £4, yet she'll happily spend £5 buying erin yet another bucket hat, yet even though buying new clothes for her son is necessary because he's grown - cue eye-roll from babs, the boy is SUCH an inconvenience! - she's pissed that she wasted £7.99 she would otherwise have spent on sheer tat! she could save money by simply refraining from buying plastic toddler toys for the kids' bribery box, rather than showing active disgust at the fact that she can no longer shove her nine year old son into clothes aimed at 6-8 year olds. 😔

same with lucy's "urn" - the dog that supposedly meant SO much to her that she shoved half her ashes into a rae dunn jar she found lying around in her tat-filled home!

i know we say this constantly, but it still blows my mind that for someone who has such a serious issue with over-spending, her priorities are bizarre! she won't buy herself a coat that actually fits, or a supportive bra, and would happily destroy her hair than pay to have it professionally coloured, and she resents buying her son t-shirts because he's grown, yet she can't throw enough money at endless g-nomies, pompom garlands, misspelled banners, and utter tat!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
It’s bed time at 7:01! It’s Saturday night jesus let them stay up and watch tv together!
It’s bedtime at 7:00pm for her kids of 9! And 11! and she’s wondering why they’re upstairs screaming and not wanting to go to bed .!!!! Ummm open your eyes Babs, perhaps they’re not tired, maybe they don’t want to ’settle’ like babies and be banished to their rooms at toddler o clock. Those kids really just are a major inconvenience to her and her right to me time and Netflix aren’t they??? 😡😡😡

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
it's BED TIME?! jfc. i thought babs had actually clarified that her kids are no longer toddlers, yet today she took them on an "adventure" to thomas land and they're going to bed at SEVEN?! her daughter is ELEVEN, ffs! how is it that "non" of the babettes question her asserting such dominance and control over her kids?! especially since i imagine the majority of their toddlers aren't in bed yet! 🤦🏻‍♀️

equally, all this talk about "trouble giggles" - an indication that the children who fight constantly and cannot be left alone in the same room together are playing together, laughing and giggling and joking? just like....a normal sibling relationship?!

Reactions: 32
for someone who will happily spend excessive amounts of money buying platform docs and hunter wellies and ugly designer handbags, she's so scathing of the fact that she had to spend a whole £7.99 on a t-shirt for ethan! she's thrilled she managed to get him a two-pack of shorts for £4, yet she'll happily spend £5 buying erin yet another bucket hat, yet even though buying new clothes for her son is necessary because he's grown - cue eye-roll from babs, the boy is SUCH an inconvenience! - she's pissed that she wasted £7.99 she would otherwise have spent on sheer tat! she could save money by simply refraining from buying plastic toddler toys for the kids' bribery box, rather than showing active disgust at the fact that she can no longer shove her nine year old son into clothes aimed at 6-8 year olds. 😔

same with lucy's "urn" - the dog that supposedly meant SO much to her that she shoved half her ashes into a rae dunn jar she found lying around in her tat-filled home!

i know we say this constantly, but it still blows my mind that for someone who has such a serious issue with over-spending, her priorities are bizarre! she won't buy herself a coat that actually fits, or a supportive bra, and would happily destroy her hair than pay to have it professionally coloured, and she resents buying her son t-shirts because he's grown, yet she can't throw enough money at endless g-nomies, pompom garlands, misspelled banners, and utter tat!
There are people like that - a contradiction in terms of what they will and will not spend money on
My mum used to buy the cheapest tea bags and coffee and added vinegar to things like ketchup to make them last longer 😬 yet spent hundreds on her craft stuff 🙄

With blabs, it seems Ethan’s never been forgiven for being a boy and ruining the plan to recreate her childhood of two girls, sisters, twinning with their mum and doing girly things just like she did with her sister and mum …. so everything is begrudged for poor old Ethan and bought under sufferance whereas golden child who she sees as an extension of herself is indulged and can have whatever she wants.
You need to address your favouritism with your therapist blabs

• Heart
Reactions: 33
How did she lose her pompoms on many rides? Surely once lost that’s it. Did Babs get them to halt the rides whilst she clambered over fences and scrabbled in the grass to retrieve £1.50 Claire’s earrings?

Also her children have essentially had a good time together and laughed and she’s clearly pissed off about it. There’s no elaboration on what naughty thing they did so I think it’s a fairly reasonable assumption that she just doesn’t like her children being friends because they laugh together and she’s not in on the joke.

Reactions: 36
It’s bedtime at 7:00pm for her kids of 9! And 11! and she’s wondering why they’re upstairs screaming and not wanting to go to bed .!!!! Ummm open your eyes Babs, perhaps they’re not tired, maybe they don’t want to ’settle’ like babies and be banished to their rooms at toddler o clock. Those kids really just are a major inconvenience to her and her right to me time and Netflix aren’t they??? 😡😡😡
Exactly, my youngest is 5 and he’s still sitting downstairs with us, happily colouring.

Nothing gets between Kween Babs and her Netflix! 🤬

Reactions: 23
It gets said on here every week, but why is she banishing her kids upstairs so early? Ok, so Babs and Ste like a drink or two, that’s no reason to send the kids away. It’s not like they don’t see their parents getting tipsy at family meals out and on holiday. It makes me wonder if they’re into drugs or something sinister that they have to banish the kids away. Don’t get me wrong, I know boozing in front of the kids gets frowned upon (mumsnet), but why are PUS and Babs so against spending a weekend evening with their cash cows?

She has manufactured this divide and conquer ruling to ensure both children love her most, she has realised she can manipulate Erin and buy her love and the co-sleeping meant Ethan ‘needed her’ and loved her ‘hard’ however what she hadn’t factored into the equation was Erin and Ethan getting along and joining forces against her - this is the beginning. She hates the fact they have the ‘giggles’, she doesn’t know how to deal with them as a pair against her. Oh the next few years are going to be so interesting 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 34
It gets said on here every week, but why is she banishing her kids upstairs so early? Ok, so Babs and Ste like a drink or two, that’s no reason to send the kids away. It’s not like they don’t see their parents getting tipsy at family meals out and on holiday. It makes me wonder if they’re into drugs or something sinister that they have to banish the kids away. Don’t get me wrong, I know boozing in front of the kids gets frowned upon (mumsnet), but why are PUS and Babs so against spending a weekend evening with their cash cows?
Drugs? I think Stephen is the type to get high off a glass of lemonade. Can’t see Blabs and Ste downstairs snorting blow 😅

I don’t think there’s a sinister reason, I think she just genuinely doesn’t want to spend time with her children so she can watch, eat and drink whatever she likes. She’s one of the most selfish people I know - house is how she wanted it decorated, they go on the holidays she wants to and do what she wants to do whilst away.

• Haha
  • Heart
7pm?? At aged 11???
Christ, when I was 11 I think my bedtime was around 9 on school nights, and later on weekends more 10/10.30!
My kids are all younger than hers and don't get banished to their rooms before 7pm 🤦

Reactions: 18
My daughters 13 she will say at 8pm im off to bed , basically im off to facetime my friends, watch youtube , netflix , play online games

Witching hour? Her children are 9&11 (the same as mine) there is no such thing as witching hour now, that was when they were like 2!! I left my 11 year old hone alone this evening while me and my husband went for a pint int the local pub!! Erin is going to have a short sharp shock when she gets to high school and realises no one else lives the life they do!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.