Brogan Tate #82 never the bridesmaid, never the bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh Bogie and myboyfriendbenjiblesshim it doesn’t matter what you put in that gap in the kitchen as it will still look tit!! No doubt you will shove some Disney tat on it as well to make it look really classy 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
We're knocking through our kitchen/diner as our first big job and I played around on IKEA Visualiser to get an idea of space and it's amazing how much knocking through the kitchen (which is a tiny, 1920s kitchen) added so much *space* for stuff. We're having an island and a sofa and coffee table in there so they definitely could have a decent set up.

I wonder if one of there issues around the design ideas is they actually don't think about it that much? They just get an idea and go with it without any proper thought or playing around.

Reactions: 10
There’s plenty of sofas that will fit that space .. it screams “ gift me a sofa” I can’t get over that they don’t have a table though the space looks big enough to have both tbh, sophie and dave have a ridiculous set up of a sofa and table in their tiny space
Same with getting new plates-that’s been dropped in quite a few times now

Reactions: 8
No. I used to use them when they’d send me occasionally. When the boxes arrives with everything in and they had a good choice of meals they were good. However the majority of times items were missing and the meal choices became very samey.
We tried Gousto instead and they’ve been so so much better and a much bigger range of food. If you know anyone who uses them or can get a code I would give them a try (I’m cheap and only buy a box when I get sent a discount code!)
We use Gousto very often as we are both working full time and rarely have time or energy to do a big shop. The recipes are tasty, there is a good selection of food and even I can manage to make them. I can't cook at all and suffer from bad brain fog and fatigue (yay long covid!) but can still whip a meal up and not burn the tit out of it. They also have some low calorie meals and we keep the cards so we can re make the meals when we want to without having to order a box. We tried Hello Fresh but found the ingredients weren't of a good quality and most of the food was pretty calorific. I suppose Brogan only goes for Hello Fresh because she gets paid by them and we know she doesn't do honest reviews if shes being paid to advertise them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Devils advocate but we much prefer Hello Fresh, the amount of times that Gousto recipes have turned up, we’ve gone to make them, and then there’s been stuff we needed but didn’t have like flour or milk, I know they are basics but hello fresh literally comes with everything you need, and I find the portion sizes bigger but as someone said more calorific for sure!

I agree why do they need hello fresh when brogan has all the time in the world to plan and cook meals

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m actually tempted to get hello fresh (not using brogans code ofc) for the first month we move in the new house because the thought of not having to do any major goo shopping or prepping is appealing to spend more time decorating etc. Would anyone recommend?

also, ive only just watched the Christmas date day video & the way she said “one of us would sacrifice drinking” wtf 😂 I’m not really in the “brogan has a drinking problem camp” but I don’t know anyone who’d say sacrifice! I’d day “go without” or something similar. It isn’t a big deal to not drink in town for a few hours & even if my partner chose to have a drink he’d probably only have 1 or 2 if I wasn’t drinking.
See neither of us drive, but we do have a bairn, so one of us will maybe have one drink then go onto soft drinks, so that the other can have a few and we know that one of us will be able to parent the next day without feeling like death, but it's no way a "sacrifice", and more often than not, it's me that chooses to not drink, purely because I can't deal with a hangover now and my fella doesn't really get them😂

Reactions: 4
Made me laugh when she said she had a busy day ahead...gym, taking the Christmas decs down and doing Hello Fresh 🤔 Not most people's idea of a busy day! Also hate how she criticises Benji for having a lie in when he does work full time and it was his day off!

In regards to Hello Fresh, I really like it and have been getting it weekly for a while now, but as someone else said, they do sometimes have missing ingredients. However they always give some money back to make up for it.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I don’t actually think she can cook and has no intention of learning to. Even with HF step-by-step instructions Benji always has to do it. Have we ever seen her make a meal that wasn’t burnt to duck in the air fryer or straight from the packet? You’d think someone who was so obsessed with personal development might learn to whip up a healthy meal before they’re 30.
She doesn’t have any interest or intention of doing anything.. she’s all talk. She said something in the vlog and I just thought really? It’s all waffle.. A half arse attempt at batting a tennis ball about doesn’t cancel out the fajitas, sweet potatoes fries, burger and chips, litres of Pepsi Max at the cinema (I’m sure as hell they would have had sweets/nachos/something, followed up by more Pepsi and their HF pasta dish and Disney treats. So much for ‘getting back’ on it.

Reactions: 18
Same with getting new plates-that’s been dropped in quite a few times now
She must have mentioned needing a new dinner set at least five times. She’s been to IKEA and so many shops and never made an effort to pick one up.

Reactions: 9
Made me laugh when she said she had fallen of the ‘bandwagon’ instead of just ’wagon’ when talking about her so called routine going out the window over Xmas
OMG she jumps on so many bandwagons 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
The intro to the video she's doing her skin care routine and brushing her teeth but can't be arsed to run one of her expensive hair brushes through her hair before tying it up to go walk Bonnie. She looks a right state!

As others have mentioned, she's never going to get healthy and lower her weight by swimming for 20 mins followed by a huge lunch and then a huge supper later not to mention a bunch of snacks. That's like a friend of mine who did Crossfit 4-5 times a week a number of years ago and then couldn't understand why she was getting bigger when she was still eating like crap and drinking beer multiple times a week.

Reactions: 16
I know I sound like a stuck record but humour me 😂

How do they eat so much food? We only tend to have 3 courses on a special occasion. If we are out daily on a holiday there is no way we would do it. What’s wrong with just a main meal and a Diet Coke? Always so much booze and fat

Reactions: 26
I know I sound like a stuck record but humour me 😂

How do they eat so much food? We only tend to have 3 courses on a special occasion. If we are out daily on a holiday there is no way we would do it. What’s wrong with just a main meal and a Diet Coke? Always so much booze and fat
I don't understand it either. I'm at home at the moment back at school and my course is all online. I literally have oatmeal with fruit and maple syrup with coffee for breakfast, a salad or peanut butter on two slices of toast for lunch, and then whatever I've made for supper to last me a few days (the advantages of cooking for 1, tonight it's beef stroganoff). On the weekends if I have a bigger breakfast I don't even have lunch before supper. The way they pack the food away even on a Sunday is shocking let alone when they're on a weekend or week away.

Reactions: 11
I don't understand it either. I'm at home at the moment back at school and my course is all online. I literally have oatmeal with fruit and maple syrup with coffee for breakfast, a salad or peanut butter on two slices of toast for lunch, and then whatever I've made for supper to last me a few days (the advantages of cooking for 1, tonight it's beef stroganoff). On the weekends if I have a bigger breakfast I don't even have lunch before supper. The way they pack the food away even on a Sunday is shocking let alone when they're on a weekend or week away.
It just proves how for her it’s a coping mechanism and habits because her body doesn’t *need* that much in terms of energy! For the very little she does her energy requirements would be quite low due to her sedentary lifestyle, the three courses is just pure indulgence!

I've not even been in mine yet since I bought my house 4 months ago, terrified of what's up there 😲
Hahaha glad it’s not just me with this irrational fear of the attic! 😂

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.