Breast reduction/uplift

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have my face to face consultation this week and I’m already full of anxiety 😬 does anyone have any tips, advice? I’m working on a list of questions but I feel like so much of the information is already out there, did anyone have anything they found to be particularly important to ask or that they forgot to ask and wishes they remembered?
I had my face to face last week, I forgot to update! Tbh, he didn’t give a whole lot more information than the zoom meeting I had. He did some measurements, ran over the time frames that I’d be in hospital/off work/not driving for etc. He was really reassuring though. Good luck!

Reactions: 2
I had my face to face last week, I forgot to update! Tbh, he didn’t give a whole lot more information than the zoom meeting I had. He did some measurements, ran over the time frames that I’d be in hospital/off work/not driving for etc. He was really reassuring though. Good luck!
Thank you both! Can’t believe how nervous I am! Not looking forward to showing a stranger my boobs either 😄 hopefully I will come away feeling more confident about everything.

Reactions: 1
Thank you both! Can’t believe how nervous I am! Not looking forward to showing a stranger my boobs either 😄 hopefully I will come away feeling more confident about everything.
Honestly, I was stressing but my friend is a midwife and told me she doesn’t even notice fannys anymore so that made me think, this guy has probably seen so many pairs of boobs it’s nothing to him! He also looked at them with an eye on how to improve them so it was honestly fine!

Honestly, I was stressing but my friend is a midwife and told me she doesn’t even notice fannys anymore so that made me think, this guy has probably seen so many pairs of boobs it’s nothing to him! He also looked at them with an eye on how to improve them so it was honestly fine!
That’s true, I’m sure I’ll be fine once I get there it’s just the anticipation I think. I’ve read that he’s very good at putting people at ease.

That’s true, I’m sure I’ll be fine once I get there it’s just the anticipation I think. I’ve read that he’s very good at putting people at ease.
Good luck, let us know how it goes 🙂

So...I had my consultation and I just feel devastated. I’ve cried the whole way home. Although I had an hour with him I just feel like it wasn’t what I expected. I know they have to advise you of all the things that could go wrong but I felt it was quite off putting and there were a lot of things about the procedure I feel I didn’t understand as he explained it. He spent the first 25 mins I think just going over how they do these ops and explaining all the things that go wrong so I sat and listened. When it came to me asking questions we agreed it would probably be more helpful if he looked at me first so he could see where I’m at.
But then when he examined me and took measurements he said that he wouldn’t be able to make much of a difference and that I would have a lot of scarring for not a lot of benefit and that I need to think very hard about it as he doesn’t think he can get me what I want. And that was the end of the appointment, there wasn’t a chance to ask any questions I guess as it felt like he was saying to me there would be no point going ahead.
The thing is I didn’t even show him a picture or say anything I feel was unrealistic, all I told him was that they feel too big and sag and I feel completely unsupported without an underwired bra and want them to be smaller and lifted. I feel really confused tonight. My boobs aren’t enormous, he and the nurse both seemed surprised that I’m a 32E and said I look smaller though he did say they are very dense so weigh heavy for their size (lucky me!) I’ve come home and looked again online at before and afters and I just don’t understand what it is about my boobs that he feels he can’t do anything with.

My emotions are probably very heightened and maybe I’ve just come away feeling too negative but overall I felt he was very negative towards me having the procedure and was implying that I wouldn’t see much of a difference in exchange for the scars I would have. I feel crushed. I feel like I’m stuck wearing these ugly great big underwired bras for the rest of my life, holidays are a nightmare because of bikinis, I can never go bra less I even hate having to take my bra off to shower. It’s probably the loss of hope that it’s hardest right now, I almost wish I’d never had a consultation and just kept telling myself one day one day. I’ve already thought about getting a second opinion but the person I saw today had the absolute best of all the reviews I had read and seems to be really top of his game, if I went and saw someone else and they said they could help I think I’d be scared that they were unreliable and just trying to make money. I think I need to lick my wounds and take a bit of time away from it. Really wasn’t expecting this outcome. Still can’t stop crying.

• Heart
So...I had my consultation and I just feel devastated. I’ve cried the whole way home. Although I had an hour with him I just feel like it wasn’t what I expected. I know they have to advise you of all the things that could go wrong but I felt it was quite off putting and there were a lot of things about the procedure I feel I didn’t understand as he explained it. He spent the first 25 mins I think just going over how they do these ops and explaining all the things that go wrong so I sat and listened. When it came to me asking questions we agreed it would probably be more helpful if he looked at me first so he could see where I’m at.
But then when he examined me and took measurements he said that he wouldn’t be able to make much of a difference and that I would have a lot of scarring for not a lot of benefit and that I need to think very hard about it as he doesn’t think he can get me what I want. And that was the end of the appointment, there wasn’t a chance to ask any questions I guess as it felt like he was saying to me there would be no point going ahead.
The thing is I didn’t even show him a picture or say anything I feel was unrealistic, all I told him was that they feel too big and sag and I feel completely unsupported without an underwired bra and want them to be smaller and lifted. I feel really confused tonight. My boobs aren’t enormous, he and the nurse both seemed surprised that I’m a 32E and said I look smaller though he did say they are very dense so weigh heavy for their size (lucky me!) I’ve come home and looked again online at before and afters and I just don’t understand what it is about my boobs that he feels he can’t do anything with.

My emotions are probably very heightened and maybe I’ve just come away feeling too negative but overall I felt he was very negative towards me having the procedure and was implying that I wouldn’t see much of a difference in exchange for the scars I would have. I feel crushed. I feel like I’m stuck wearing these ugly great big underwired bras for the rest of my life, holidays are a nightmare because of bikinis, I can never go bra less I even hate having to take my bra off to shower. It’s probably the loss of hope that it’s hardest right now, I almost wish I’d never had a consultation and just kept telling myself one day one day. I’ve already thought about getting a second opinion but the person I saw today had the absolute best of all the reviews I had read and seems to be really top of his game, if I went and saw someone else and they said they could help I think I’d be scared that they were unreliable and just trying to make money. I think I need to lick my wounds and take a bit of time away from it. Really wasn’t expecting this outcome. Still can’t stop crying.
So sorry you had a bad experience - I havent had a reduction but wanted to share this about a consultation for an enlargement I had a couple of years ago because I can relate to what you’ve said.

I’d had a boob job 5 years previously but was unhappy with the size and shape so decided to have them done again. It wasn’t a quick decision, it was something I’d considered for a year before I went for it.

I went for a consultation with one surgeon who, when I took my top off, just said “there’s nothing wrong with them”. I felt a bit embarrassed and explained what I was unhappy with and he took some measurements and then basically gave me a lecture about why I shouldn’t have them done. Same sort of thing about surgery being a big thing, lots could go wrong, I might not like the results. He was really patronising and was making it sound like I was just doing it for no reason. At one point he even asked me what my boyfriend and dad think! My mum was with me and he actually really affected what she thought about me having them done again, and she then came out of the appointment saying he was the surgeon and maybe he was right. I was fuming but also so so upset. Exactly like you said, it’s so awful being made to feel like something you really want so much might not happen. I cried on the drive home too and I was upset about it for ages as I’d been set on him being the surgeon I wanted.

A few weeks later I went to see another surgeon and he was amazing. He did tell me that there are no guaranteed results but he wasn’t negative, he understood my insecurities and was very factual about what he could and couldn’t do. He showed me photos of previous surgeries he’d done and talked everything though with me in a really friendly but professional way. He completely turned a negative experience into a positive one and I went ahead with him and couldn’t be more pleased with my results.

I know reduction and uplifts can be more complicated than enlargements/implants but if it’s something you still want to go ahead with I really would suggest having other consultations elsewhere to get other opinions. Really hope it goes well for you and you get what you’re looking for x

• Heart
That's shocking asking what your boyfriend and dad think! (Your DAD! Is he even supposed to have an opinion?)
The surgeon clearly thought what men think when looking at you is far more important than what you think about your own body.

Hi all, I had a reduction/uplift 4 years ago, in my early 20’s, went private through Harley medical clinic (women throughout the consultation and different appointments were so lovely) and went for surgeon Mark Solomos after research online, advice from the clinic and personal preference.

It is hands down the best thing I have ever done for my self confidence and don’t regret it in the slightest, if I ever had children and ended up needing surgery again for some reason, I would in a heartbeat.

My mum also ended up having the same surgery with mark early this year too, and is happy with her results!

I’m happy to answer any questions or help if anyone would like some advice! :)

So sorry you had a bad experience - I havent had a reduction but wanted to share this about a consultation for an enlargement I had a couple of years ago because I can relate to what you’ve said.

I’d had a boob job 5 years previously but was unhappy with the size and shape so decided to have them done again. It wasn’t a quick decision, it was something I’d considered for a year before I went for it.

I went for a consultation with one surgeon who, when I took my top off, just said “there’s nothing wrong with them”. I felt a bit embarrassed and explained what I was unhappy with and he took some measurements and then basically gave me a lecture about why I shouldn’t have them done. Same sort of thing about surgery being a big thing, lots could go wrong, I might not like the results. He was really patronising and was making it sound like I was just doing it for no reason. At one point he even asked me what my boyfriend and dad think! My mum was with me and he actually really affected what she thought about me having them done again, and she then came out of the appointment saying he was the surgeon and maybe he was right. I was fuming but also so so upset. Exactly like you said, it’s so awful being made to feel like something you really want so much might not happen. I cried on the drive home too and I was upset about it for ages as I’d been set on him being the surgeon I wanted.

A few weeks later I went to see another surgeon and he was amazing. He did tell me that there are no guaranteed results but he wasn’t negative, he understood my insecurities and was very factual about what he could and couldn’t do. He showed me photos of previous surgeries he’d done and talked everything though with me in a really friendly but professional way. He completely turned a negative experience into a positive one and I went ahead with him and couldn’t be more pleased with my results.

I know reduction and uplifts can be more complicated than enlargements/implants but if it’s something you still want to go ahead with I really would suggest having other consultations elsewhere to get other opinions. Really hope it goes well for you and you get what you’re looking for x
Thank you so much for sharing that with me it’s made me feel a bit better. I was still tearful yesterday, today just more confused and sad. I’m sorry that you went through that experience but I’m glad it worked out in the end. My husband suggested that I go and see someone else too but like you were, I felt really set on the Dr I went to see before I actually saw him. I feel a bit beaten down by it now, I did actually feel really stupid when I walked out and still can’t work out what happened. He wasn’t rude or anything like that but I feel like maybe there was some kind of miscommunication because I can’t work out how he was able to tell me he wouldn’t be able to get me the results I want when I hadn’t really discussed what I wanted. I’m trying to go back over it all in my mind. And lots of women with many shapes and sizes of boobs have a reduction or uplift, I can’t see anything when I look at my boobs that gives me any understanding as to why it wouldn’t work for me.

I’m going to give it until after Christmas and see how I feel then. Definitely feels like I need to dust myself off and pick myself up to be able to do it again but part of me just feels like I don’t want to go through it again. But I’m sure it probably would be a good idea to and I guess I will know the time is right if I start to feel ready and want to try again. Thank you so much your words are the first that have made a difference to how I’m feeling xx

Hi all, I had a reduction/uplift 4 years ago, in my early 20’s, went private through Harley medical clinic (women throughout the consultation and different appointments were so lovely) and went for surgeon Mark Solomos after research online, advice from the clinic and personal preference.

It is hands down the best thing I have ever done for my self confidence and don’t regret it in the slightest, if I ever had children and ended up needing surgery again for some reason, I would in a heartbeat.

My mum also ended up having the same surgery with mark early this year too, and is happy with her results!

I’m happy to answer any questions or help if anyone would like some advice! :)
Thank you for that, I will look him up. We’re you very big to begin with was it much of a change that you had? The consultant I saw I think said to me that my boobs aren’t actually that big they’re just heavy but I do wear a 32E so to me that’s pretty sizeable and also he said that I have grade 2 ptosis so again that says to me that I could use a lift 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank you so much for sharing that with me it’s made me feel a bit better. I was still tearful yesterday, today just more confused and sad. I’m sorry that you went through that experience but I’m glad it worked out in the end. My husband suggested that I go and see someone else too but like you were, I felt really set on the Dr I went to see before I actually saw him. I feel a bit beaten down by it now, I did actually feel really stupid when I walked out and still can’t work out what happened. He wasn’t rude or anything like that but I feel like maybe there was some kind of miscommunication because I can’t work out how he was able to tell me he wouldn’t be able to get me the results I want when I hadn’t really discussed what I wanted. I’m trying to go back over it all in my mind. And lots of women with many shapes and sizes of boobs have a reduction or uplift, I can’t see anything when I look at my boobs that gives me any understanding as to why it wouldn’t work for me.

I’m going to give it until after Christmas and see how I feel then. Definitely feels like I need to dust myself off and pick myself up to be able to do it again but part of me just feels like I don’t want to go through it again. But I’m sure it probably would be a good idea to and I guess I will know the time is right if I start to feel ready and want to try again. Thank you so much your words are the first that have made a difference to how I’m feeling xx
I’m glad - don’t lose hope, give yourself some time and go again if it’s something you decide you still want to do. Not sure where you are but if you’re anywhere near London/Kent, I had Dr Khan who has his own company called ReShape. Worth having a look at, as I said he was amazing!

That's shocking asking what your boyfriend and dad think! (Your DAD! Is he even supposed to have an opinion?)
The surgeon clearly thought what men think when looking at you is far more important than what you think about your own body.
I know I couldn’t believe it! My dad definitely did not have an opinion on it and even with my boyfriend, he always said it was my choice he didn’t really get involved! That surgeon was very condescending 🙄

I had it done around 12 years ago, it made me feel so much better and my back and neck pains disappeared almost over night. The recovery was very slow which surprised me but it was classed as major surgery and I won’t lie it was incredibly sore and painful. I’m now going through menopause and my breasts have become fuller and more swollen again. Because of this I wish I’d gone a little smaller to allow for this. I have no scarring on or around my breast or nipple and I went for the anchor method ( but I do have scars near my under arms, so I can’t wear anything too loose). But it’s a lot lot less noticeable now than it was.
I’ve never regretted it if that helps!

Hi, I've always been a lurker on these threads but reading this thread caught my eye so felt the need to come and offer you my opinion as 18 months ago, I had a breast reduction and it was honestly the best decision ever. I was previously a 30H and am now roughly a 32DD/E, the difference is amazing. There may be other readers who have also had surgery but I'm happy to answer any questions??
Just to give you an idea of my journey, I too was fed up with the size of my boobs, visited my GP who referred me to the NHS surgeon. Now, I know I was extremely lucky as its really quite rare to get the op on the NHS however even had I not qualified for the surgery, it would still have been worth investing in getting he op done privately. My BMI was within the criteria, think I have a BMI of 23 and the limit is about 25/26. I didn't request a particular size but the consultant calculated how much he needed to remove and estimated that I would be reduced to a DD which may sound big but for my frame is just perfect. Your nipples are also made smaller and repositioned.
I know its classed as major surgery but my surgery went like a breeze, in 2 nights and then home to recover, I was off work for about 5 weeks, driving after 3, overall my recovery was brilliant.
Yes, they look bruised and swollen but honestly the feeling when you come out of surgery, its like been in awe of these pert little boobs. The pain was fine and manageable, i came home with drains but these were removed 2 days after coming home. Not all surgeons use drains but they are supposed to help reduce the amount of bruising as they drain the excess blood away.
I live on my own so obviously sleep on my own so I had no worries about anyone knocking elbows into me but I did use 2 pillows down my side to keep me in position on my back as you won't be able to sleep on your side for a good few weeks and you will need to wear a bra in bed for the first 12 months though I still wear one as I am paranoid about them getting droopy! Theres probably more I could tell you but one thing I can say is that its not a horrendous operation, yes surgery is probably about 5 hours (mine was only 2 and a half because I had 2 surgeons operating on me) but please don't let any nightmare experiences put you off, they will be few and far between.
Please feel free to ask me any questions.
Hi, I've been looking at this thread for a while and keep putting off that I want this doing! For my frame my breasts are large (30F) I believe and it's been an insecurity of mine for well over a year now, but I'm not really in a financial position to book privately- just wanted to ask how you went about contacting your GP/what did you say? My BMI is low about 22, I'm just worried that the GP will think I'm silly, or being selfish during the pandemic but I just feel like I'll be so much happier and more confident if I try and sort this insecurity now, just worried that I'll get turned away or be referred to some type of counselling to do with the insecurity instead?? Any advice please x

Hi, I've been looking at this thread for a while and keep putting off that I want this doing! For my frame my breasts are large (30F) I believe and it's been an insecurity of mine for well over a year now, but I'm not really in a financial position to book privately- just wanted to ask how you went about contacting your GP/what did you say? My BMI is low about 22, I'm just worried that the GP will think I'm silly, or being selfish during the pandemic but I just feel like I'll be so much happier and more confident if I try and sort this insecurity now, just worried that I'll get turned away or be referred to some type of counselling to do with the insecurity instead?? Any advice please x
I got right to the final stage for having it on the NHS when I was in my early 20s but was knocked back due to age and if I wanted to have kids.
Now in my 30s and family complete I went back last year and was referred again. But that’s where it stops, not sure what is happening due to COVID and I don’t want to seem silly chasing it up.
For reference I am a G with a healthy BMI and totally out of proportion.
I’ve decided to start exploring my options privately. There’s a few steps do even get to the panel for the NHS and I don’t want to wait to be knocked back again (consultation/images/psychologist etc).

Also just to add, have a look at the guidelines. They won’t even do one for back pain any more.

I got right to the final stage for having it on the NHS when I was in my early 20s but was knocked back due to age and if I wanted to have kids.
Now in my 30s and family complete I went back last year and was referred again. But that’s where it stops, not sure what is happening due to COVID and I don’t want to seem silly chasing it up.
For reference I am a G with a healthy BMI and totally out of proportion.
I’ve decided to start exploring my options privately. There’s a few steps do even get to the panel for the NHS and I don’t want to wait to be knocked back again (consultation/images/psychologist etc).

Also just to add, have a look at the guidelines. They won’t even do one for back pain any more.
Thanks for replying! Seems like such a long process but I can understand why as it's an expensive procedure. Did they refer to have an assessment by a psychologist aswell?

Thanks for replying! Seems like such a long process but I can understand why as it's an expensive procedure. Did they refer to have an assessment by a psychologist aswell?
No problem. Yes psychologist was part of the process, all about my thoughts and reasons for it. I would look at the NICE guidelines for your health board before you go to the doctor.

I desperately want this. Im a 38/40JJ/k. Not only are they big but theyre so saggy. Theyve always been saggy, I just have an awful boob shape. Wide roots and pendulous 😭 I will never have 'good' boobs but id love them to feel lifted! My Mum had hers done when she was younger, when it was allowed more freely on the NHS. Maybe one day 🤞

I desperately want this. Im a 38/40JJ/k. Not only are they big but theyre so saggy. Theyve always been saggy, I just have an awful boob shape. Wide roots and pendulous 😭 I will never have 'good' boobs but id love them to feel lifted! My Mum had hers done when she was younger, when it was allowed more freely on the NHS. Maybe one day 🤞
They sound perfectly normal and healthy. I think the media shows that only part boobs are the norm when in reality there is so much variety in shape and size.