Breast reduction/uplift

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My very petite mum had FF-cup boobs that gave her terrible back and neck pain. She finally took the leap and had a reduction to a C-cup and a lift in her 40s.

She said that the only thing she regrets is not having the surgery earlier!

She's in her 60s now and has perkier boobs than me! 😂

Reactions: 2
No, the breast reduction will be sufficient. Unless you put on a significant amount of weight, they are unlikely to drop but they will settle once the swelling goes down but not droop, they become more of a natural tear drop shape.
Do you know what they would do differently if you wanted an uplift as well? If they remove mass and skin and reposition the nipples higher during a reduction, I don’t understand what they would do for the additional uplift part?

Sorry if I’m being stupid, it’s late 😴 Can completely see what you mean in terms of a reduction resulting in an uplifted look so confused about what the surgeon would do differently if you wanted both...

Do you know what they would do differently if you wanted an uplift as well? If they remove mass and skin and reposition the nipples higher during a reduction, I don’t understand what they would do for the additional uplift part?

Sorry if I’m being stupid, it’s late 😴 Can completely see what you mean in terms of a reduction resulting in an uplifted look so confused about what the surgeon would do differently if you wanted both...
I suppose if you are happy with the actual size of your boobs but needed them lifting, you may need implants but with a reduction, they couldn't just take fat away from say underneath the nipple, it has to come from all of the breast and therefore your nipple is repositioned higher up, in the centre of the boob. Most larger breasted ladies, the boobs droop and therefore your nipple is sitting much lower, in some case pointing south. Therefore once the excess fat has been removed, your nipple is then sewn back on to sit more naturally in the centre therefore giving a prettier boob, more uplifted look.
Sorry, I probably aren't making much sense but in my head I know what I mean, I just aren't explaining myself very well!

Reactions: 1
I suppose if you are happy with the actual size of your boobs but needed them lifting, you may need implants but with a reduction, they couldn't just take fat away from say underneath the nipple, it has to come from all of the breast and therefore your nipple is repositioned higher up, in the centre of the boob. Most larger breasted ladies, the boobs droop and therefore your nipple is sitting much lower, in some case pointing south. Therefore once the excess fat has been removed, your nipple is then sewn back on to sit more naturally in the centre therefore giving a prettier boob, more uplifted look.
Sorry, I probably aren't making much sense but in my head I know what I mean, I just aren't explaining myself very well!
No I totally understand what you mean! Just seems like a con if a surgeon offers both procedures when a reduction seems to achieve the results of an uplift anyway, as you explained... for some reason I was thinking I needed both 😂 Thank you for everything you’ve shared, it’s been so helpful to get some insight

A blogger called Sasha Wilkins (Liberty London Girl) had a breast reduction a few years ago and did a long post about it.

I looked online , into the procedure/ cost of having an uplift because I hate how saggy my my boobs are . I'm too scared to go through an operation and I can't really take the time out for them to heal. They aren't big boob, although they are a decent cup size ,they don't look big on my frame because my shoulders are large too and I tend to carry weight on my top half .

A few years ago I discovered Boob Or Bust and their measuring system and it really opened my eyes in terms of correctly fitting bras and the sizing because there is so much misconception/ lack of knowledge about bra sizes.

Whether or not someone goes down the uplift route, a well fitting bra improves how breasts look and feel and it shouldn't be underestimated.

My posture is still terrible and I really need to work on that .

Hi guys! Bumping this up as I have an appointment with a consultation tonight for a breast lift. I had WLS in 2018, lost 8.5 stone and honestly, my breasts touch my waist line! Even when I was bigger I hated my boobs and considered a reduction but now I think a lift will do the job.
Anyway, I’m nervous! But will report back with how it goes! 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi guys! Bumping this up as I have an appointment with a consultation tonight for a breast lift. I had WLS in 2018, lost 8.5 stone and honestly, my breasts touch my waist line! Even when I was bigger I hated my boobs and considered a reduction but now I think a lift will do the job.
Anyway, I’m nervous! But will report back with how it goes! 🙂
Good luck! Yes please do let me know how you get on, I have my consultation next week! Is yours in person? Mine is virtual x

Good luck! Yes please do let me know how you get on, I have my consultation next week! Is yours in person? Mine is virtual x
Mine is virtual too! Just sat waiting for them to let me into the meeting, feeling very shakey!x

Reactions: 3
It went really well! He was really kind and reassuring! My wls surgeon was nice but a little odd but this guy was very well spoken and very factual. I’m going to book a face to face consultation with him and go from there! Thank you for the good lucks ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It went really well! He was really kind and reassuring! My wls surgeon was nice but a little odd but this guy was very well spoken and very factual. I’m going to book a face to face consultation with him and go from there! Thank you for the good lucks ❤❤
Excellent so happy to hear that! I will report back next week after I have my consultation. I suspect if I want to go ahead after that it will be a face to face appointment.

Would anyone be able to share insight on how much a lift costs on average in the UK/London? It's hard to tell on websites without actually booking a consultation and I obviously don't want to just book a consultation with the first surgeon I come across without researching several, I would just like to know a realistic number to plan out my savings and a realistic time frame when I can seriously consider having it done, I have around £7k saved currently
I’ve not had my consultation yet but my expectation is around 6-7k from things I’ve seen online.

• Heart
Hello!
Thank you so much for this thread, it's been really informative for me!
I'm currently going through the procedures to hopefully get my reduction on the NHS. Really hate to be a strain on them during this time but i'm in daily pain with mine and i've had enough. I'm 4ft 11, and a 36J and after 2 children and breastfeeding they are literally down to my waist. I also had spinal surgery as a child (grade 4 spondolylothesis) and I have a grade 2 scoliosis currently which my GP thinks is getting worse due to the size of my breasts. I have had an appointment with my previous orthopedic surgeon who has said he thinks it would help along with a supportive GP. I have my first physio appointment tommorow due to back pain. How long did the process take for those that had them on the NHS? I'm also obese according to my BMI and want to lose some weight (around 1/1/2 - 2 stone) but my breasts alone weigh over a stone so that's a concern for me getting to a 'normal' BMI.
Anyway any info on the NHS route would be great!
Thank you x

Hi everyone. I had a reduction and lift about 2 years ago in Lithuania - best thing ever. I was on the NHS list but it was taking forever to get done so I looked on a few forums and found the clinic I used. Cost me £2200 which is 1/3 of the UK cost.

I was a 34FF and have gone down to a dd. The recovery was so much easier then I thought it would be. I was back at work 10 days later (desk job) and had no problems with any infections - healed like a dream.

My nipples are so small now 🤣 and I have full feeling in them too. I can now wear shirts which is amazing. But I didn't realise how much they hid my mum tum, now they're not detracting attention its much more noticeable. Mentally it takes a while to get used to it, I still buy booby style clothes then realise I cant fill them as much 🤣

It really was the best thing I have ever done. I cant even remember my big, hanging sacks anymore! X

• Heart
Hi everyone. I had a reduction and lift about 2 years ago in Lithuania - best thing ever. I was on the NHS list but it was taking forever to get done so I looked on a few forums and found the clinic I used. Cost me £2200 which is 1/3 of the UK cost.

I was a 34FF and have gone down to a dd. The recovery was so much easier then I thought it would be. I was back at work 10 days later (desk job) and had no problems with any infections - healed like a dream.

My nipples are so small now 🤣 and I have full feeling in them too. I can now wear shirts which is amazing. But I didn't realise how much they hid my mum tum, now they're not detracting attention its much more noticeable. Mentally it takes a while to get used to it, I still buy booby style clothes then realise I cant fill them as much 🤣

It really was the best thing I have ever done. I cant even remember my big, hanging sacks anymore! X
Wow! That’s so incredible. Thank you for sharing your story! Do you mind sharing the clinic you went to? £2200 is actually very affordable compared to the UK

Wow! That’s so incredible. Thank you for sharing your story! Do you mind sharing the clinic you went to? £2200 is actually very affordable compared to the UK
It was Nordsthetics - they have a really good FB page which shows peoples results and people share their experiences. Even if you decided to go elsewhere its still a really informative group, I'm always nosing on it 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have my face to face consultation this week and I’m already full of anxiety 😬 does anyone have any tips, advice? I’m working on a list of questions but I feel like so much of the information is already out there, did anyone have anything they found to be particularly important to ask or that they forgot to ask and wishes they remembered?

No personal experience as I’m basically flat as a pancake 😂 just wanted to say that both my cousin & MIL had this done and had no problems at all until they put on weight and it all went onto there boobs. Not to put you off it’s just that they are both now bigger than ever!

No personal experience as I’m basically flat as a pancake 😂 just wanted to say that both my cousin & MIL had this done and had no problems at all until they put on weight and it all went onto there boobs. Not to put you off it’s just that they are both now bigger than ever!
I know there’s a risk, hoping it will be a good deterrent from the biscuits for me if I do go ahead 😄