Boyfriend ghosted me during pregnancy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please can someone offer any words of wisdom or comfort or advice - I'm sorry this might be long and garbled but I'm a mess.

Me and my boyfriend planned for a baby, and I fell pregnant on the first month we tried. I was delighted as was he, and for the first couple of months he was happy but became increasingly distant to the point now where I havent; seen him since January, he barely talks to me but when he does get in touch its loads of excuses, his phone was broken, his dog was sick, he was helping his friend move etc. Everytime I lap up the excuses wanting it to be true but then he does it again.

He has always been a bit unreliable. For example, the first time he was meant to meet my mum was for my older son's birthday meal and he was uncontactable all day, it got to the point where we were midway through the meal when he finally contacted me after so many missed calls and messages and it was another excuse about how hed been locked out and issues around that,

Anyway for the past few weeks he keeps promising to come "tomorrow" and sorry to sound like ronan keating or whoever it is but tomorrow never comes. The past three days in a row he was "coming" and I've been ghosted, ignored. i KNOW I am an idiot. I really believed he would come and i spent this mornign cooking his favourite meal in preparation, tidying the house, makign myself look good and he hasnt said a word let alone came.

He also owes me money. Since we met I have leant him maybe 2k in dribs and drabs which he eventually pays back but never when he says. He doestn work, he is sofa surfing but I thought he would change all this because deep down I thought he wanted to be a family . I am now 17 weeks pregnant and ALONE and unsure I can do this by myself.

I realise I am an utter fool but please be kind, what do i do

How long have you been together? Sorry but if the Father of my child/unborn child was acting like this I’d kick him to the curb. Pregnancy is such a hard time you need a supportive partner. If he’s like this now what is he going to be like when baby is here? Honestly it might seem hard and not what you want to do now but I’d get prepared to be a single parent cos that’s the way it sounds like it’s heading

Reactions: 7
A year so it was quite quick. I already have three children, i Honestly am not sure I can do it again alone. He is an absolute head but I just want him to tell me its all goingto be okay and be how he was. This is shocking because I work, have a house etc, he has none of these things. When my friends and family met him they were shocked and couldnt believe I was with him. But before him I was in a violent relationship and when I met him he made me feel so safe so I think i latched onto him for the wrong reasons. Its a huge mess and I just cry an cry every day

Unfortunately I think you’re going to be honest with yourself and realise you are in this alone. He sounds unreliable and a terrible partner- how is he planning on supporting his child if he has no job or home of his own? You’re going to have 4 children very soon and I’m sorry to say but it does not sound like this man is planning on sticking around. You need to start making plans that don’t include him, he’s taking you for a mug- especially the fact you have lent him 2k 😬

Reactions: 6
Does he not live with you? You planned to have a baby with someone you don’t even live with?

Reactions: 4