Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
At last! I'm surprised he's finally facing some sort of consequence but it's also way too late.

And with him changing the ministerial code meaning he doesn't have to resign because of misconduct, I can only imagine how much more he was willing to put this country and his party through.

The majority of his term has been spent trying to justify and excuse his wrongdoings. It's honestly enough.

Reactions: 14

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
Wasn't at PMQ either. Presumably preparing a leadership bid. Other absentees possibly doing the same.
(Speculation of course but hey nobody can be in two places at tge same time!)

I can't believe I've spent half a day on Boris. So far.
ETA I stand corrected (and apologies for quoting myself)

• Haha

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
When he took the "job" he successfully took us through Brexit
He hadn't successfully taken us through Brexit! It's costing us £billions a week, and they haven't sorted out NI, or any trade agreements at all! 6 years later! We will never be ' through' Brexit until we rejoin the Single Market at least. The reason why he ' took us through' the beginning part of Brexit was because him and his mates ( aided and abetted by Corbyn's Labour Party and the useless Lib Dems) shafted Teresa May's softer Brexit deal, which eventually we will have to go back to.

all the people in cabinet absolutely no one can take over? Why is Dominic Raab deputy then? Why does any minister have a senior job if they're not capable of a promotion?
Those people have senior jobs because they were Brexiteers. Really, if the best Cabinet the Tories can come up with includes Jacob Rees Mogg and Nadine Dorries then no, unless they look to the backbenches and shut blukip up, then I think the best thing maybe for Johnson to stay until the next General election and then face a proper reckoning.

Last edited:

Amelia99

VIP Member
He gets away with an awful lot because of his bumbling act and apparently can be quite charismatic when he wants to be
This is the problem. People are voting for personality rather than principles, commitment, integrity and ability. Politics is not showbiz. Charisma and being “a bit of a character” should not be top of the list when selecting someone to lead the country. “Being a bit of a character” is the only thing Boris has to offer. He has no principles, integrity or commitment and precious little ability.

He is a great choice for hosting a game show but not for PM or indeed any public office.

• Heart

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I honestly don’t think any current or former Minister in Boris’s Cabinet has any credibility as a leadership candidate after the debacle of the past two years. Their sudden attack of principles earlier this week was good in that it finally ousted Johnson but I think it was too little too late in terms of rescuing their credibility. They were complicit in covering for him for far too long.
Absolutely.
Sunak is an absolute weasel. Wasn’t he fined for being at the same party as Johnson? I suppose he was ambushed by a cake as well. Or taken unawares by a sausage on a stick.
I thought I’d be delighted to see the back of Johnson - and I sort of am, but the dregs of humanity lining up to take over from him depresses the fuck out of me.

• Haha

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I’m really curious about why Downing Street seem to be shitting their pants about the latest story about Johnson being a dodgy corrupt crook.
We already know so much about him - the inability to keep it in his pants, the Garden Bridge fiasco ( still no idea where all that money went ), Jennifer Arcuri being given tons of money in exchange for sex IT lessons, Russian money, Lebedev’s peerage, the flat redecoration, the law breaking during lockdown etc, etc. I wonder what it is about this particular story that made them go to such lengths to try and suppress it.

laughing

VIP Member
Raab won't be sacked, he will just sit in the corner and no one will notice he is there

• Haha

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Tell me how this is any different to what Hancock did? He had to resign for it, and so should Boris. Bet he won’t though 🙄
It’s so much worse. ( See, I can be reasonable about your Matt now and again 😉 ). Johnson could literally do a Trump and shoot someone dead and the gammonati would still be kissing his arse and praising his ( utterly shit ) Brexit deal. 🤬

• Sick
  • Angry

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Keir Starmer and Angela Raynor have reportedly been found to have NOT broken Covid laws and will NOT be fined by Durham Police.
No surprise there surely. As a former DPP Starmer would have been supremely confident that he was in the right before vowing to resign if he was fined. And there were how many fines issued to Downing Street?

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
What a time to be a political journo!

Rats and sinking ships spring to mind - but the bad taste in my mouth is that they didnt do it sooner. Like they could all stomach and defend his shit until Chris Pincher - which would damage THEM.